CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'll assume they're still not grouped by their "base" mode? :/

Nope, alphabetical. Slayer isn't even on the first page.

T1BLyzU.jpg

Damn the H2 BR is sexy! 

Let us spawn with it 343! If the CE pistol comes out and we still aren't able to spawn with the new weapons I'll have no hope for the human race. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn the H2 BR is sexy!

Let us spawn with it 343! If the CE pistol comes out and we still aren't able to spawn with the new weapons I'll have no hope for the human race.

So new reqs are in?

So new reqs are in?

Nope, not yet.

Halo 2 BR is placeable in Forge and a map pick up on Riptide.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure what happened, but I've gone from being a semi decent onyx player to the worst player on my team every game, but being bad at Halo is not fun, I can now see why so many people don't get into Halo.

Serious question. My update is still stuck at 99%, what are my options? I do not want to uninstall the game. 

Serious question. My update is still stuck at 99%, what are my options? I do not want to uninstall the game. 

The percentage is wildly inaccurate. Go to settings, network and choose bandwidth usage. Your usage for the past hour or two should give you an idea of how close it is to finish installing. Update size was 3.3GB.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's clear why you can't use these fun weapons in Arena or customs.

THEY WANT YOU PLAYING WARZONE MATCHMAKING WHERE THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY OFF OF REQ PACKS.

That's what matters to them. Only being able to use these weapons by grinding the game in the only mode with microtransactions.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can't spawn with the Halo 2 Battle Rifle in custom games, just like the SPNKr Rocket Launcher from the last patch.

Well the freaking sucks.

I guess I can just load up riptide and play around with it until I get it from a REQ.

Next order of business, changing every Halo 5 BR to the Halo 2 BR.

Eh who am I kidding 343 won't do that.

RIP Slide Boost :(

I also thought we'd get new gametypes :/

No one said new gametypes this month.

Ball mode in Feb.

The percentage is wildly inaccurate. Go to settings, network and choose bandwidth usage. Your usage for the past hour or two should give you an idea of how close it is to finish installing. Update size was 3.3GB.

Awesome thanks. Just hit 3GB in the past hour so hopefully it finishes shortly. 

It's clear why you can't use these fun weapons in Arena or customs.

THEY WANT YOU PLAYING WARZONE MATCHMAKING WHERE THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY OFF OF REQ PACKS.

That's what matters to them. Only being able to use these weapons by grinding the game in the only mode with microtransactions.

Oh I know. I know you know I know too. 

I would have been fine with the removal of Slide Boosting/Fast Falling if we received Storm Rifle nerf in exchange. Really disappointed w/ this, sad to see those mechanics go.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh I know. I know you know I know too. 

It's been their strategy to herd our experience with Halo 5 towards their new creations, and towards microtransactions.

Whether it's the limited BTB experience, the custom game restrictions, the Breakout epidemic, the gametypes not being there, the limited playlist options, you name it.

I have no idea how certain people can't already guess what 343's stance on these kinds of topics will be. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

BTB is now unranked again.

343 getting my hopes up and smashing them again. When will I learn?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm legit upset I spent hours practicing difficult super slides only to get them randomly removed with no discussion or anything. Literally just random AND they hosted a god damn tournament removing it without telling anyone. Wtf?

Edit: seriously this is such bull shit. The removal I don't necessarily care about but they removed this so randomly that it's ridiculous. Not to mention someone at 343 came in here recently saying they don't want to risk the competitive integrity by swapping out game types or something of the sort but remove this randomly and host a Regional in the UK having this patched out without telling anyone. How the hell is that anything close to competitive integrity.

Never in my tournament life have I went to a tournament for any game that I have strictly made strategies and game plans for that are actually at times around exploits to just be randomly removed because the developers felt like it.

Salty

Edit 2: not to mention I wasted other people's time teaching them optimal super slides and how to diagnose what you're doing wrong with the slide and improve on it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I have no idea how certain people can't already guess what 343's stance on these kinds of topics will be.

You're obviously just wearing your tinfoil hat though. I find it hilarious people say all kinda shit about Activision and EA, for example but can't comprehend that a game studio owned by Microsoft would place money at the top of their list of priorities.

Is everything 343 do worthy of the "tin foil hat"? Hell no, but they display the same behaviour a lot of these other companies who don't care about their fans do too, and that is worrying.

• Upvote (+1) 2