CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can someone explain to me what fast fall was?

When you went over a ledge and you did the super slide glitch and it made you drop down to the ground below really fast. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This H2 BR feels really, REALLY good

The n00b combo with it is really strong. Love it. 

Basically an instakill from certain ranges. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

They reordered the gametype list in custom games. Now they're in alphabetical order, and I need to scroll through a bunch of FFA, Breakout, and BTB shit to get to gametypes I care about.

They reordered the gametype list in custom games. Now they're in alphabetical order, and I need to scroll through a bunch of FFA, Breakout, and BTB shit to get to gametypes I care about.

I'll assume they're still not grouped by their "base" mode? :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Literally unplayable. 

Edit: Is the H2 BR available as a starting weapon?!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea, sprint, thrust, clamber, slide, and stabilize just isn't enough. 

I really just assume you can't super slide or you never use it offensively. You clearly didn't seem to understand why people liked it before when I explained a few times why it's an aggressive mechanic and not defensive like the abilities you just named.

@@Sal1ent - I think it's a poor decision to remove this from the game. It should have been embraced and taught in a similar manner to how Bravo breaks down the maps during the downtime in tournaments. It's confusing for me to hear various things won't even be considered to change like rebalancing the autos or removing radar, but now we're removing a mechanic that was used by a lot of competitive players for reasons that aren't even told to us.

Hell, I have like 3 really really insane jump maps that forgers made. They're all useless now that super-slide is patched out. Maybe they wouldn't have even made those maps knowing that an in game mechanic would be removed without much warning. Also, wasn't it Mikwen who said they talked to a 343 employee who said they were going to keep it in the game?

It looks like the slide feature is going back to what I assumed it's original use would be for, to literally slide while sprinting, and not have any effect beyond surface level gameplay. I'm very very disappointed hearing this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really just assume you can't super slide or you never use it offensively. You clearly didn't seem to understand why people liked it before when I explained a few times why it's an aggressive mechanic and not defensive like the abilities you just named.

I've done it 100s of times and even used it to kill people directly. 

I've done it 100s of times and even used it to kill people directly. 

then maybe I'm wrong in my assumption but from the way you word multiple posts about the super-slide it sounds like you hate it just as much as sprint in thrust or even other abilities.

You can't spawn with the Halo 2 Battle Rifle in custom games, just like the SPNKr Rocket Launcher from the last patch.

You can't spawn with the Halo 2 Battle Rifle in custom games, just like the SPNKr Rocket Launcher from the last patch.

So much for Halo 2 fun. Thanks dad 

I forgot who said it but it was one of the standard people who hated on h5 said Super slide would denounce to spawn killing and whatnot and got a lot of recognition on that post. which at that point I gave up trying to explain how super slide works at higher levels here because that was simply stupid

then maybe I'm wrong in my assumption but from the way you word multiple posts about the super-slide it sounds like you hate it just as much as sprint in thrust or even other abilities.

No, I hate them more for sure, but I hate that they both have to be in the game for the super slide to exist. I get why people like it, I just don't. 

Big team ranked again!?!?!?

Doesn't mention season in it at all. Likely just a mistake.