CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

<snip>

For the Warzone fam who usually rush armoury with me on ARC.

Uny showed this to me 2 months ago... I was afraid to use it because I didn't want to be caught doing it and then get called out... lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uny showed this to me 2 months ago... I was afraid to use it because I didn't want to be caught doing it and then get called out... lol.

343 gonna fire you

You now have a difficult choice ahead of you: faster REQ points or your job

I don't think it was skewing data But more so it was a complete communication breakdown.

Tashi or whoever probably asked a few pros over break if they liked breakout and relayed that information over to josh saying "oh we polled them" or some shit.

At the same time, breakout is still universally hated in the pro scene and keeping it in for HWC is both stubborn and will only do damage to themselves (viewership/bashing in chat/ResidentSleeper).

343 might be the only larger eSports runner that not only forces it's pros to play shitty gametypes, but also REALLY shitty tournament/season structuring and rules.

Simply put, they have no idea what they are doing at the high level of eSports and it's starting to show. You don't grow your game and promote eSports by forcing radar, breakout, and powerful autos down your dedicated pro players throats. Look at CWL and treyarch/activision, It's a collaboration!

Personally, I think Che and gang are way over their head. I mean, you got Che tweeting grand finals winners in the semi finals. There's just a complete lack of desire and passion to be a high level eSport and it's frustrating to watch them fuck it all up and throw it away.

We need new eSports leaders over on the HCS team. No way will they ever be like Riot without hiring some big guys to get in there and clean up the mess.

I hate to get so personal and blunt but it's just frustrating and I'm over it.

Yeah they clearly have no desire to be a high level esport...people get DDoSed every round of the qualifers, and they just say "eh, oh well". As far as the settings go they are trying to make casual play and esports play the same settings.  Look at h2, h3,even reach had its own playlist with MLG settings where the settings were completely different than casual play, the way it should be.

DON'T "lol" AT US TYLER.

We could have been winning more games using this but you had to hold onto your little 343 secret.

ALL OF THESE LIES AND DECEIT. IM HURT. But even worse, you've let down the squad, Tyler. The squad man. The pillar of strength that allows you to stat like the tryhard you are.

If only Murph could see you now...

/s for the uninitiated

• Upvote (+1) 2

DON'T "lol" AT US TYLER.

We could have been winning more games using this but you had to hold onto your little 343 secret.

ALL OF THESE LIES AND DECEIT. IM HURT. But even worse, you've let down the squad, Tyler. The squad man. The pillar of strength that allows you to stat like the tryhard you are.

If only Murph could see you now...

/s for the uninitiated

It's JUST a skill jump, Devan. Calm down. :kappa:

I have long been comparing the armor in the Mass Effect games to the armor in the Halo games as a point of contention.

Terminus Spartan? Yes plz

Anyway...

I'm happy to see that we're all on the bash-Josh bandwagon, believe me I am, but I can't help feeling a little miffed that it takes this level of screw-up to make people united in calling the devs out on their nonsense.

As soon as the next update drops, people will get wooed by the new shiny bullshit and we'll be back to squabbling.

Love me some Mass Effect. Even bought the $400 leather jacket when they added it to Bioware store.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4th arena breakout and counting.. smh. why

I just QTB when I get it. Not even worth the headache. The other day I got Coliseum Arena Breakout 4 times in a row so that's when I knew quitting was the only option.

I just QTB when I get it. Not even worth the headache. The other day I got Coliseum Arena Breakout 4 times in a row so that's when I knew quitting was the only option.

does it count as quiting? i dont wanna get banned for 8 hours again lol

does it count as quiting? i dont wanna get banned for 8 hours again lol

Oh damn I don't know honestly I haven't been banned yet. But if you had an 8 hour ban then you might have to play it. That's really unfortunate.

Are they adding Forge maps like The Pit and Sanctuary to competitive play and matchmaking in general? If they are, I might start playing again because the maps we have now are not good.

The Halo 5 soundtrack is obviously a good soundtrack, but it's not a good Halo soundtrack. Neither was 4's.

I thought Destiny had a great soundtrack but look what they did to Marty - stupid corporate morons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are they adding Forge maps like The Pit and Sanctuary to competitive play and matchmaking in general? If they are, I might start playing again because the maps we have now are not good.

They've adding community maps to matchmaking, yes. Currently there's a community Breakout playlist up, once that is done they're going to do a vote to see which are the most popular and add them to normal rotation ASAP. 

More community playlists will follow after.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know when the update drops with the new map and skins?

This week. Could be in 5 minutes, could be in 5 hours, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like how the HCS is using Breakout for  HWC and a week before regionals they make the breakout gametypes impossible to play outside of customs. Can't play it in Team Arena and the Breakout playlist is full of new maps. 

I feel like 343 is not on the same page with each other. I don't for a second believe that they have an agenda against the competitive community. I think they're trying to make the scene grow as well as culminate a casual following, but I just don't think it's going well. 

I feel like if 343 just: 

-Added new gametypes

-Changed some HCS settings 

-allowed REQ unlocks to apply to Forge 

we would have a better game. I definitely think they're trying, but it's slowly becoming painfully clear that what they're trying to do isn't working well. 343 has already done more for the competitive community than Bungie ever did. As a game developer, that's amazing. However, 343 is more unresponsive to the competitive community than MLG was. And as tournament runners, that's bad. 

Do they still have it on the store? Out of morbid curiosity. XP

Not the 'official' ones. They were like a limited 1 of 500 run. You can still find knockoff ones on Amazon for a few hundred though.