CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What I hate about Halo 5 is that I'm forced to play Warzone in order to grind the REQ system at a reasonable pace. I don't have the least bit of fun playing it. I wanna be able to have the cool legendary and mythic stuff. :\

It's still not even a reasonable pace in my opinion.  Agree entirely though, I feel like the lower REQ points in Arena is a way for 343I to get people to play their baby.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the Warzone fam who usually rush armoury with me on ARC.

I feel like 5 of us will try that one match, and all die trying

• Upvote (+1) 1

The matchmaking servers have been awful to the point of cheating for the past week for me.

Makes you realize a hypothesis that I've had since this game came out: H5 is more about connection than just about any other Halo. Based on feel, I would argue that this game is more connection dependent than H3.

Someone also must have told the 343 MCC team that Halo 1 PC was the original.

I think they have a mole spreading such terrible lies. It's the only logical explanation.

It's some guy who ACTUALLY hates Halo.

CLG causing a huge storm in the HWC thread and now even here in the H5G thread. :) SBs post was really like a snakebite. Wish I could send all my upvotes into that post.

Good job @@Saucey with the poll :intensifies:

I also want to add that roflstomping noobs all day in Warzone and grinding REQ packs has not much to do with Halo.

Well I finally got a piece for my controller, so now I can actually play with people and chat on Xbox. I'll have to join the big warzone parties sometime. 

For the Warzone fam who usually rush armoury with me on ARC.

holy fuck this changes everything

After my 15th new account I finally got placed Onxy in Arena from my placement matches. It seemed so random. 1st match I played silver/bronze people. 2nd match I played plat people then the 3rd match I jumped right up and started playing Onxy people, I didn't even play Diamond people.

Meanwhile in another Halo far far away...

J0hy32x.png

Wow - that looks awesome. China is having fun lol

Meanwhile in another Halo far far away...

J0hy32x.pnghttps://www.google.com/

I have long been comparing the armor in the Mass Effect games to the armor in the Halo games as a point of contention.

Terminus Spartan? Yes plz

Anyway...

I'm happy to see  that we're all on the bash-Josh bandwagon, believe me I am, but I can't help feeling a little miffed that it takes this level of screw-up to make people united in calling the devs out on their nonsense.

As soon as the next update drops, people will get wooed by the new shiny bullshit and we'll be back to squabbling.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm not surprised people want Breakout gone, it is just simply not very good to watch.

I've watched 90% of the online qualifiers so far as well as the UK event in London, and every time Breakout comes up, I just make a brew or have a smoke. I really like watching H5 competitively, but I've always liked watching Halo competition, regardless of which game it was played on. Im not saying the earlier stuff isn't more entertaining in some cases, just showing my own bias generally towards competitive Halo. Although to be honest I watched hardly any The4 "competitive".

As for radar, it definitely does become a problem at high level play, especially when people are crouch hiding behind a piece of rounded cover (or the Prius) when 1shot. I feel these crappy encounters wouldn't happen as often if the radar was missing. I can't provide cold hard facts but I've seen a lot of this "dancing around cover using the radar" gameplay, and it's boring. I've never liked radar in halo at all, never mind competitive play, so what do I know?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have long been comparing the armor in the Mass Effect games to the armor in the Halo games as a point of contention.

Terminus Spartan? Yes plz

Anyway...

I'm happy to see that we're all on the bash-Josh bandwagon, believe me I am, but I can't help feeling a little miffed that it takes this level of screw-up to make people united in calling the devs out on their nonsense.

As soon as the next update drops, people will get wooed by the new shiny bullshit and we'll be back to squabbling.

I am just glad people are actually all unified in being pissed off like this.

I remain naively hopeful this sets the precedent that you can't screw over people or skew results to fit your narrative. Would love to get my hands on their sprint poll data after this.

I am just glad people are actually all unified in being pissed off like this.

I remain naively hopeful this sets the precedent that you can't screw over people or skew results to fit your narrative. Would love to get my hands on their sprint poll data after this.

I don't think it was skewing data But more so it was a complete communication breakdown.

Tashi or whoever probably asked a few pros over break if they liked breakout and relayed that information over to josh saying "oh we polled them" or some shit.

At the same time, breakout is still universally hated in the pro scene and keeping it in for HWC is both stubborn and will only do damage to themselves (viewership/bashing in chat/ResidentSleeper).

343 might be the only larger eSports runner that not only forces it's pros to play shitty gametypes, but also REALLY shitty tournament/season structuring and rules.

Simply put, they have no idea what they are doing at the high level of eSports and it's starting to show. You don't grow your game and promote eSports by forcing radar, breakout, and powerful autos down your dedicated pro players throats. Look at CWL and treyarch/activision, It's a collaboration!

Personally, I think Che and gang are way over their head. I mean, you got Che tweeting grand finals winners in the semi finals. There's just a complete lack of desire and passion to be a high level eSport and it's frustrating to watch them fuck it all up and throw it away.

We need new eSports leaders over on the HCS team. No way will they ever be like Riot without hiring some big guys to get in there and clean up the mess.

I hate to get so personal and blunt but it's just frustrating and I'm over it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think it was skewing data But more so it was a complete communication breakdown.

Tashi or whoever probably asked a few pros over break if thy liked breakout and relayed that information over to josh saying "oh we polled them" or some shit.

At the same time, breakout is still universally hated in the pro scene and keeping it in for HWC is both stubborn and will only do damage to themselves (viewership/bashing in chat/ResidentSleeper).

343 might be the only larger eSports runner that not only forces it's pros to play shitty gametypes, but also REALLY shitty tournament/season structuring and rules.

Simply put, they have no idea what they are doing at the high level of eSports and it's starting to show. You don't grow your game and promote eSports by forcing radar, breakout, and powerful autos down your dedicated pro players throats. Look at CWL and treyarch/activist in. It's a collaboration!

Personally, I think Che and gang are way over their head. I mean, you got Che tweeting grand finals winners in the semi finals. There's just s complete lack of desire and passion to be a high level eSport and it's frustrating to watch them fuck it all up and throw it away.

We need new eSports leaders.

After that sprint poll I am convinced they screw with numbers.

People who dislike sprint are more than likely not the majority but I am POSITIVE we are not 11%, especially considering how skewed the numbers were after looking at how the group the data with the answers provided.

Tashi or whoever probably asked a few pros over break if thy liked breakout and relayed that information over to josh saying "oh we polled them" or some shit.

Simply put, they have no idea what they are doing at the high level of eSports and it's starting to show. You don't grow your game and promote eSports by forcing radar, breakout, and powerful autos down your dedicated pro players throats. Look at CWL and treyarch/activist in. It's a collaboration!

Personally, I think Che and gang are way over their head. I mean, you got Che tweeting grand finals winners in the semi finals. There's just s complete lack of desire and passion to be a high level eSport and it's frustrating to watch them fuck it all up and throw it away.

We need new eSports leaders.

Che just wants us to leave him alone - give the guy a break. Doesn't even play Halo :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul:

Just repeating what I was told. Apparently there was a Skype call w/ pros before break. There is no agenda here, please take off the tinfoil hats.

Why post if you're just going to lie?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3