CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm just gunna say that H5 is easily my favourite Halo game.

It's not perfect: autos need nerfing, we need more maps and gamemodes, radar needs to go, the playlist management is dire, the story was pretty poor as a standalone, the lack of splitscreen fucking sucks, arena is focused too heavily on competitive etc...

All that said I think this game has the most enjoyable core gameplay in any game I've played. I find it ridiculously satisfying, pulling off a perfect reversal on someone is one of the best feelings I've ever got from a game. Despite the fairly meager amount of content and buying both the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 I just keep coming back to this game day after day.

Just wanted to say something positive in the sea of negativity at the moment.

Inb4 mass negging

Not sure how you do but right on.

I dont think anyone negative here's gonna judge you for liking the game. They and I guess I have our issues beyond that with H5 itself.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm just gunna say that H5 is easily my favourite Halo game.

It's not perfect: autos need nerfing, we need more maps and gamemodes, radar needs to go, the playlist management is dire, the story was pretty poor as a standalone, the lack of splitscreen fucking sucks, arena is focused too heavily on competitive etc...

All that said I think this game has the most enjoyable core gameplay in any game I've played. I find it ridiculously satisfying, pulling off a perfect reversal on someone is one of the best feelings I've ever got from a game. Despite the fairly meager amount of content and buying both the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 I just keep coming back to this game day after day.

Just wanted to say something positive in the sea of negativity at the moment.

Inb4 mass negging

Reversal is not even close to feeling the same as winning a gun fight in h2/h3 when you were a shot down...it is easier in h5 though with the AR killing like a br at mid range

And again this thread goes to shit. GG guys. Same time tomorrow or should we actually play Halo instead?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

And again this thread goes to shit. GG guys. Same time tomorrow or should we actually play Halo instead?

Sure, when 343 gives us a Halo game.  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not sure, is MCC fixed yet? Or is h3 backwards compatible?

• Upvote (+1) 4

One instance where consoles win.  No thanks mate.

Unless you're referring to the server browser and not the armor.

There are a ton of different armor sets and the things like the lights are optional. You can choose all your colors out of a color wheel or even use a hex code or RGB values. 

Xt6BI67.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are a ton of different armor sets and the things like the lights are optional. You can choose all your colors out of a color wheel or even use a hex code or RGB values. 

I mean with all these new cosmetics everyone always says "don't like it, don't use it", but I still have to look at it.

When was the last time you posted something that wasn't passive-aggressively defending 343?

I mean sure I'm defending them but that doesn't mean I don't see their flaws in the way things are handled, which mentioned several times before fairly recently. I want new game types, I want a 4 shot pistol, and I want improvements across the board, but I'm also realistic and know that everything isn't going to happen in the course of a week. There's obviously some sort of plan in place and has been in place for quite awhile to how they do things and where things should be prioritized between all of the different teams at 343. I'm not saying I agree with the idea and I'm not saying you should but I think some of us need to take a few steps back and realize where we're at and what we're talking about.

But hey, I'm just a shill who defends 343 just as much as you guys defend each other

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wanna squad up again tomorrow? Really enjoy your commentary in the party, alongside the others. Also, because @@Moa questioned it earlier, this was your ass.

7RARiut.png

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I mean sure I'm defending them but that doesn't mean I don't see their flaws in the way things are handled, which mentioned several times before fairly recently. I want new game types, I want a 4 shot pistol, and I want improvements across the board, but I'm also realistic and know that everything isn't going to happen in the course of a week. There's obviously some sort of plan in place and has been in place for quite awhile to how they do things and where things should be prioritized between all of the different teams at 343. I'm not saying I agree with the idea and I'm not saying you should but I think some of us need to take a few steps back and realize where we're at and what we're talking about.

But hey, I'm just a shill who defends 343 just as much as you guys defend each other

I mean I just thought it was ironic coming from you.

There's obviously some sort of plan in place and has been in place for quite awhile to how they do things and where things should be prioritized between all of the different teams at 343.

At the risk of turning this thread into shit, when do you expect this "plan" to start working for us?

Wanna squad up again tomorrow? Really enjoy your commentary in the party, alongside the others. Also, because @@Moa questioned it earlier, this was your ass.

7RARiut.png

Will most likely be on unless something comes up. And damn does my Spartan have a tight ass or what?

• Downvote (-1) 1

What I hate about Halo 5 is that I'm forced to play Warzone in order to grind the REQ system at a reasonable pace. I don't have the least bit of fun playing it. I wanna be able to have the cool legendary and mythic stuff. :\

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will most likely be on unless something comes up. And damn does my Spartan have a tight ass or what?

His ass is quite square, TBH. I still love Nightfall, though. The body armor is just... Smexy.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I mean I just thought it was ironic coming from you.

At the risk of turning this thread into shit, when do you expect this "plan" to start working for us?

For us, as in the comptitive community? Whenever new game types would be added so we can experiment with different options for the HCS or a sandbox update(which I don't feel like would be on a roadmap but more like whenever) whichever came first

Yeah you're right maybe we will only have to wait 6 months for a decent update this time, give them time guys.

• Upvote (+1) 1