CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"I still laugh every time you tell people to play MCC over Halo 5" Sounds to me like you prefer Halo 5 and would recommend that over MCC, or am I understanding this wrong?

Totally misunderstanding. 

Last thing I'm going to do is tell people to play whatever. If I've ever told someone to play something over something, then that's a mistake on my part. You can keep playing what you love and all that jazz, but I still laugh when someone comes in and is like "hey, come back to MCC" despite its glaring issues that show no signs of ever being fixed.

If you love what MCC offers, by all means go for it but I'm still going to get a good chuckle out of it when someone tells someone to play it as a solution if they dislike Halo 5.

After being banned many times for criticizing the administrative staff at Microsoft's Halo division, the former moderator now admits that the game is broken. The reason listed for the ban is "unwarranted hate of Bonnie Ross".

The lack of logic is telling of a feeble minded individual.
The last thing I'll be doing is discussing moderation after I've stepped down. If you feel your ban was unwarranted and you think I was unfair, I'm sure the current staff members will be happy to assist.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Meanwhile in another Halo far far away...

One instance where consoles win.  No thanks mate.

Unless you're referring to the server browser and not the armor.

I'm telling people to play Halo 5?

So Halo 4 had a fuck ton of pre-order bonuses, special edition bonuses, etc.

The Limited Edition of Halo 4 came with a code for the early access specializations and a season pass for the game.

Xbox or 343 did this promotion where if you played Halo 4 before December or so, you'd get an early access specialization code emailed to you. Problem is, they messed up and pretty much sent everyone the Limited Edition code which was early access specializations AND the season pass.

So when people downloaded these codes, they realized they were getting the Crimson Map Pack for free.

The PR team, instead of admitting that a mistake was made (it happens) - they decided to claim that this was some 2 week try before you buy trial, which was first mentioned the day of the issue happening.

Fast forward to when the two week 'trial' was up and they released a title update which made the season pass part of the download not work, essentially removing access for the Crimson Map Pack.

It was a giant disaster and a lot of people called them on their shit.

If you find some articles relating to Halo from December 2012, you'll probably find a few on it.

Oh boy... Definitely looking for these articles right now. They should have just said it was a mistake, sure people wouldn't like it but I'm sure it would have gone a lot better than that direction. Thanks man

<3 Thanks man. The next episode is going to go pretty hard lol.

Also I don't recall "sustain" being only 6 months?

Thought it was reported to last through June officially because thats the fiscal year and thata how they account it

What is that? It looks like a fever dream? A server browser in Halo?

Mod for the Halo Online game which released a while back.

Oh boy... Definitely looking for these articles right now. They should have just said it was a mistake, sure people wouldn't like it but I'm sure it would have gone a lot better than that direction. Thanks man

Yeah. It was a bit of a mess.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/12/12/microsoft-messes-up-halo-4-dlc-then-invents-14-day-buy-and-play-pr-campaign/

That's just one I've found.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The last thing I'll be doing is discussing moderation after I've stepped down. If you feel your ban was unwarranted and you think I was unfair, I'm sure the current staff members will be happy to assist.

You stepped down? Or was it you were forced out?

Confront the issue of the incompetent administration of the series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I stepped down because I no longer had any desire to write gaming articles any more - plain and simple. 

I also didn't want to be tasked with the responsibility of moderating a forum when I got so heavily involved in some debates, like tonight for example. I've been spending more time with family and friends lately without needing to worry about pulling out my phone and checking every post to ensure everything is running smoothly.

If you think the Halo franchise is being run by incompetent people, then that's on you. We'll have to agree to disagree and move on. Like I said, I'm not going to discuss moderation with you or any one else. That is no longer my place.

If you want to discuss this (me stepping down on Beyond, not questions on moderation) further since it has absolutely nothing to do with Halo 5, by all means send me a private message and I'll go into more detail.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Doubt he was forced out, chill

What is that? It looks like a fever dream? A server browser in Halo?

Well I still do like Mark 5 but I think the Armor is still sick AF.

also server browser :P

yHjGT1w.png

I'm just gunna say that H5 is easily my favourite Halo game.

It's not perfect: autos need nerfing, we need more maps and gamemodes, radar needs to go, the playlist management is dire, the story was pretty poor as a standalone, the lack of splitscreen fucking sucks, arena is focused too heavily on competitive etc...

All that said I think this game has the most enjoyable core gameplay in any game I've played. I find it ridiculously satisfying, pulling off a perfect reversal on someone is one of the best feelings I've ever got from a game. Despite the fairly meager amount of content and buying both the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 I just keep coming back to this game day after day.

Just wanted to say something positive in the sea of negativity at the moment.

Inb4 mass negging

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

If you think the Halo franchise is being run by incompetent people, then that's on you. We'll have to agree to disagree and move on. Like I said, I'm not going to discuss moderation with you or any one else. That is no longer my place.

What kind of asinine illogical gobbledy-gook?

By your own admission, they screwed the pooch on Halo 4 DLC. They lie. They release a broken game - a remaster at that. They still haven't fixed it 15 months later. Their new game is poorly received. They continue lying and getting caught all the while.

Are those the actions of competent individuals? Just you think before answering that. I wouldn't want you saying something so illogical, it may come across as incompetent.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What kind of asinine illogical gobbledy-gook?

By your own admission, they screwed the pooch on Halo 4 DLC. They lie. They release a broken game - a remaster at that. They still haven't fixed it 15 months later. Their new game is poorly received. They continue lying and getting caught all the while.

Are those the actions of competent individuals? Just you think before answering that. I wouldn't want you saying something so illogical, it may come across as incompetent.

I guess the agree to disagree went over your head?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not perfect: autos need nerfing, we need more maps and gamemodes, radar needs to go, the playlist management is dire, the story was pretty poor as a standalone, the lack of splitscreen fucking sucks, arena is focused too heavily on competitive etc...

All that said I think this game has the most enjoyable core gameplay in any game I've played. I find it ridiculously satisfying, pulling off a perfect reversal on someone is one of the best feelings I've ever got from a game. Despite the fairly meager amount of content and buying both the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 I just keep coming back to this game day after day.

Inb4 mass negging

I was considering being a troll with a neg, but I really can't be negative, needlessly. I agree on some points, but the game is still majorly fun. The fact that I've been staying in game because one gametype, and if you narrowed it down, one playlist, can keep me occupied is a testament to that, for myself. Greatly enjoy Halo 5, as is, and I can't wait for its expansion in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Inb4 mass negging

I'm not gonna neg you for enjoying a game. I'm glad you do, that's awesome. I wish I could feel the same way you do.
  • Upvote (+1) 4