CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

not to assume or anything...but who else at 343 is big with the pros, works on the competitive portion of halo 5 and has a pro team that they work directly with?

Well, him and maybe Kevin Franklin. Quinn is the greatest offender though. He was a developer for the Overrun gametype in GoW Judgment and thought it would be big with MLG. Everyone knows how hard that game flopped.

Also, take this snippet into consideration which is taken directly from his twitter. This and his past replies regarding social gametypes reveal what a giant arrogant and condescending prick he is.

"making multiplayer games 20% cooler in ten seconds flat"

• Upvote (+1) 3

All ya'll be arguing and the like. I'm just sitting here, sifting through the new REQ's and maps in my update hype. Praying for a Tuesday release date. ^_^ MK V plz.ia-gallery-14-3298de871f4a44118104abf894

You want the pizza-stuffed Mark V?

Knew you had shit taste

You want the pizza-stuffed Mark V?

Knew you had shit taste

Not as shit as yours. >:C Also, sucks that you got DC'd a lot tonight. Did ya wanna go for some more Comm. Breakout tomorrow? That seemed stable for our team yesterday.

Any time I get recurve I purposely camp at either of the bases and keep my back to the sun or camp in the center structure. I can't stand the sun glare on that map.

I sometimes stare at the sun and see how long I can do it before looking away. Burns my brain juice, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah this is where 343 makes some vague generic statement with no substance and nothing but promises and then we'll all say "Ha, I bet all of you complainers feel stupid now. They said they were going to improve! There's nothing to worry about!"

I love that you're a mod on r/halo

speaking of quinn....remember how much he was on the forums when it was time to sell the game to us....man disappeared when it came time to discussing the finished product.

I mostly lurked here before, so I'm not sure what shit Quinn spewed. Decided to make an acc once I saw Holmes getting called out on his bs and because I need another place to post if I get permabanned from Waypoint. I got 4 bans within 2 months for posting opinions.

Ok, so Halo 5 is trash in your opinion. Why even bother? 

We get it, you like CE.

I still laugh every time you tell people to play MCC over Halo 5, somehow expecting them to forget it is completely broken, especially the CE port.

For the record some of us would rather play broken versions of CE/H2/H3 than Halo 5. Ok, so Halo 5 is good in your opinion. Why even bother? You cant assume that arguing with someone will change their mind.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@MultiLockOn

Straight up. Its funny tho because I am so hopeful for H5, yet this is all true. Would have snipped your post but too hard on mobile.

At the end of the day we don't hold the keys to house; they do. It sucks being left out in the cold, or being told we'll get in sometime yet never having it actually happen. The big issues of this game have yet to be addressed: aiming, weapon balancing, spectating, breakout (maybe now, tho), the half baked campaign.

Bleh. I will remain hopeful for this game but it is really hard to

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the record some of us would rather play broken versions of CE/H2/H3 than Halo 5. Ok, so Halo 5 is good in your opinion. Why even bother? You cant assume that arguing with someone will change their mind.

You're welcome to play MCC, I just laugh that when someone recommends playing it in Beyond of all places. 

I didn't intend to change his mind, someone like Akademik is long gone. Was just pointing out the hilarity of telling someone to play something so broken.

• Downvote (-1) 3

@@MultiLockOn

"Enjoy your free weekend trial of this Halo 4 DLC everyone, this was totally intentional". Yeah. Funny.

It does amaze me how many people have completely forgot about this.

"on some of the worst maps I've ever seen. Seriously, a team of forgers could design a better map than anything the kids at that studio ever has."

I've love a video or something centered around the shortcomings of the developer maps for educational purposes.

You're welcome to play MCC, I just laugh that when someone recommends playing it in Beyond of all places. 

I didn't intend to change his mind, someone like Akademik is long gone. Was just pointing out the hilarity of telling someone to play something so broken.

But you're telling people to play Halo 5 though which is the same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

But you're telling people to play Halo 5 though which is the same thing.

I'm telling people to play Halo 5?

Can somebody explain me Halo 4 free weekend trail DLC? I've heard it many times but I don't know what happened? Why was it so bad?
So Halo 4 had a fuck ton of pre-order bonuses, special edition bonuses, etc. 

The Limited Edition of Halo 4 came with a code for the early access specializations and a season pass for the game. 

Xbox or 343 did this promotion where if you played Halo 4 before December or so, you'd get an early access specialization code emailed to you. Problem is, they messed up and pretty much sent everyone the Limited Edition code which was early access specializations AND the season pass. 

So when people downloaded these codes, they realized they were getting the Crimson Map Pack for free. 

The PR team, instead of admitting that a mistake was made (it happens) - they decided to claim that this was some 2 week try before you buy trial, which was first mentioned the day of the issue happening.

Fast forward to when the two week 'trial' was up and they released a title update which made the season pass part of the download not work, essentially removing access for the Crimson Map Pack.

It was a giant disaster and a lot of people called them on their shit. 

If you find some articles relating to Halo from December 2012, you'll probably find a few on it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

@@MultiLockOn

"Enjoy your free weekend trial of this Halo 4 DLC everyone, this was totally intentional". Yeah. Funny.

It does amaze me how many people have completely forgot about this.

"on some of the worst maps I've ever seen. Seriously, a team of forgers could design a better map than anything the kids at that studio ever has."

I've love a video or something centered around the shortcomings of the developer maps for educational purposes.

I would, but...The YouTube video limit is only 8 hours.

No but really, that's essentially what my YouTube design series is. I just use the dev maps as examples of what not to do.

Yo @@RyanW

343 needs you back on defense.

giphy.gif

Just repeating what I was told. Apparently there was a Skype call w/ pros before break. There is no agenda here, please take off the tinfoil hats.

Same person?

CGgoNWUUQAAAaDR.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

also just subbed to Snakebite

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would, but...The YouTube video limit is only 8 hours.

No but really, that's essentially what my YouTube design series is. I just use the dev maps as examples of what not to do.

Your series is excellent and I really want devs to look at it. Honestly, I think developers and players would have a better experience. Its a win win for everyone
  • Upvote (+1) 1

>Remnant

>Esports

@@MultiLockOn

Been awhile since I've watched those videos.  They're good videos but I don't remember anything that cites the developer maps as an example (aside from the Lockout video). Also any idea on when we can expect episode 4?

I'm telling people to play Halo 5?

"I still laugh every time you tell people to play MCC over Halo 5" Sounds to me like you prefer Halo 5 and would recommend that over MCC, or am I understanding this wrong?

• Upvote (+1) 1

After being banned many times for criticizing the administrative staff at Microsoft's Halo division, the former moderator now admits that the game is broken. The reason listed for the ban is "unwarranted hate of Bonnie Ross".

The lack of logic is telling of a feeble minded individual.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

Your series is excellent and I really want devs to look at it. Honestly, I think developers and players would have a better experience. Its a win win for everyone

<3 Thanks man. The next episode is going to go pretty hard lol.