CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If @@SnakeBite can give myself or @@CyReN access to the chat (briefly, boot us after), or a simple way to message every pro at once (or atleast most), I would gladly be able to provide an anonymous poll statistic about Breakout and anything else really.

I am actually pretty curious myself. I would probably throw 1-2 other questions in there as well. (Settings related)

Also Aiming Related. Please.

Sigh, yeah.

Not a fan of people saying "Well, Reach did it too!" Like yeah...it was stupid then, too, LOL why does that make it okay 5 years later

Reach or Halo 4 didn't do that. Yes, Reach and H4 did have Forge variants at launch, but they were never included in the map count. When it was said that there were 12 maps, it was 12 maps + Forge variants. 343 did the same for Halo 4. Though for Halo 5, Forge variants, remixes, and changing time of day were used to inflate the map count.

Also, they did this in the beta as well. Since 2 of the 7 maps were Forge variants, the community was starting to worry that 343 did the same for the launch maps and they refused to answer this popular question for the months toward release. They never did either since we found out when some got their copy early.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, that's what @ was just talking about. 11% was only counted as people who were definitively against sprint.

I don't know if blatant lying is the word I would use, personally, but I will say there is an apparent double standard on self-selection bias if you ask me.

And the 11% included both those strongly opposed and weakly opposed, therefore rendering the 5 option poll meaningless. Moreover, the 89% in favor creates an unhelpful view of the poll numbers as well. How in strong is their favor? It doesn't say. The results don't communicate what the highly specific poll was designed to achieve.

So basically, even if they weren't lying about the numbers - the poll is already sketch as fuck on the face of it.

I vote no. - Everyone ever 2016

I don't know about yall, but me and my friends leave fireteam or dashboard whenever breakout comes up. Can we get something trending on Twitter maybe? #breakoutdashboard.

Everyone in this thread will succeed in Life and is sexy!

LITTLE POSITIVE VIBE

<3

Reach or Halo 4 didn't do that. Yes, Reach and H4 did have Forge variants at launch, but they were never included in the map count. When it was said that there were 12 maps, it was 12 maps + Forge variants. 343 did the same for Halo 4. Though for Halo 5, Forge variants, remixes, and changing time of day were used to inflate the map count.

Also, they did this in the beta as well. Since 2 of the 7 maps were Forge variants, the community was starting to worry that 343 did the same for the launch maps and they refused to answer this popular question for the months toward release. They never did either since we found out when some got their copy early.

Swear on my life Reach was advertised as having >15 maps or something including Forge. My memory is foggy though; almost 6 years ago

<3

Swear on my life Reach was advertised as having >15 maps or something including Forge. My memory is foggy though; almost 6 years ago

Reach and H4 included the Forge canvases (which I don't see a problem with), but not the Forge variants. This is an important distinction. And I was using 12 maps as an example, I can't remember the exact count.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I have to say is that 343i has some really good people over there, and I doubt that the people we interact with on the forums from 343i are at fault. 

But I will say that there's some seriously fucked up bureaucratic BS happening in that studio. From communication and PR to leaving the small details out of the Halo games that have been in there for years. Halo needs a different studio. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

There had better be a good explanation for this. Because I'm getting tired of asking "There had better be a good explanation for this."

All I have to say is that 343i has some really good people over there, and I doubt that the people we interact with on the forums from 343i are at fault. 

But I will say that there's some seriously fucked up bureaucratic BS happening in that studio. From communication and PR to leaving the small details out of the Halo games that have been in there for years. Halo needs a different studio.

Or just more COMMUNICATION

that seems to be a running theme here

Also, didn't we have a situation back in Reach where MLG polled the pros and claimed the results supported sprint? Could have sworn that happened...

Iirc thay was specifically in regards to keeping sprint and bloom for the final tournament or two of the season. It was so that the settings weren't changed dramatically at the end of the season.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but are people genuinely surprised that 343 would lie? Mostly I just lurk, waiting for the next fabrication/numerical manipulation that 343 will inevitably post on these forums, so I can see the best excuse they can come up with to rationalize their poor decisions. (Regarding Competitive)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Or just more COMMUNICATION

that seems to be a running theme here

More communication means nothing if everything 343i says is said in riddles and half-truths.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just to be clear I asked all of the pros through a chat we have.  No one was polled. Not like I just wasn't the one who wasn't polled about it  Didn't think I had to point that out.

hey dude big breakout fan wanna play

• Upvote (+1) 2

More communication means nothing if everything 343i says is said in riddles and half-truths.

Communication should imply ACTUAL communication

Lies or deceptive wording doesn't belong there

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but are people genuinely surprised that 343 would lie? Mostly I just lurk, waiting for the next fabrication/numerical manipulation that 343 will inevitably post on these forums, so I can see the best excuse they can come up with to rationalize their poor decisions. (Regarding Competitive)

This is just one of the few times the bullshit has ever been so damn obvious. Even Waypoint wouldn't forgive this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is just one of the few times the bullshit has ever been so damn obvious. Even Waypoint wouldn't forgive this.

*Raises an eyebrow*

I'd post this on Waypoint but...I'd get banned for "calling out".

• Upvote (+1) 1