CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I feel like it'd be really easy to prove all the pros hate it in a few minutes. Ask the pros for some verified feedback, whether it's Twitter or something else, and there, we don't have to guess any more or refer to some old informal poll. I've ONLY heard pros say that absolutely hate it, and never heard one say they like it and want it in, and if so, they're an extreme minority. Then you have the majority of avid fans thinking it's really boring, not sure where the support for it is. It's fun enough for matchmaking, but not a competitive gametype, it's too random and not Halo--the tournament energy dropped so noticeably during it.

Now you have to wonder who misinformed Josh and/or who only asked an extremely small number of pros that didn't represent the majority at all since I'd be surprised if he was that hands on with the esports side of things.

Just to be clear I asked all of the pros through a chat we have.  No one was polled. Not like I just wasn't the one who wasn't polled about it  Didn't think I had to point that out.

nuclear-atom-bomg-explosion-animated-gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

At first I didn't quite get what everyone was talking about.

Now that it's sunk in it's...just...oh man.  Lmao.  Not enough popcorn in the world.

So uh...is this the part where we blame Cursed Lemon?

• Upvote (+1) 4

So you guys think we can get that pro poll now? I'm sure they'd be interested now that people are saying they gave feedback that wasn't that negative towards breakout where they apparently weren't asked at all in a lot of cases.

Nah this is where 343 makes some vague generic statement with no substance and nothing but promises and then we'll all say "Ha, I bet all of you complainers feel stupid now. They said they were going to improve! There's nothing to worry about!"

Continue being one of the best posters on this site. Salute

• Upvote (+1) 2

We have done polls before. Remember the /r/Halo, Beyond, and Waypoint poll on Sprint and how no-Sprint won on every one? 343 110% ignores polls that they don't control.

How would you respond to allegations of Confirmation Bias regarding those polls?

We have done polls before. Remember the /r/Halo, Beyond, and Waypoint poll on Sprint and how no-Sprint won on every one? 343 110% ignores polls that they don't control.

100% makes up polls that never actually happened. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was literally just thinking about this. Makes you really wonder about that 11% now doesn't it? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

So I feel like there's a few possibilities here, one being that Josh Holmes lied to us, which I don't think is the case, and the other situation being an employee at 343 Industries lied to Josh Holmes as to the popularity of Breakout among the pro scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I was literally just thinking about this. Makes you really wonder about that 11% now doesn't it?

Meh. I just wish they didn't equate "indifferent" to "in favor".. Ridiculous

So I feel like there's a few possibilities here, one being that Josh Holmes lied to us, which I don't think is the case, and the other situation being an employee at 343 Industries lied to Josh Holmes as to the popularity of Breakout among the pro scene. 

Yeah. I was thinking that one of the esports guys pulled a handful of players aside at most and got one of the most statistically irrelevant answers possible and then handed that over to the rest of the guys at 343. 

• Upvote (+1) 1