CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Not surprised Mr. Holmes would twist the truth to better fit his narrative. It's a common theme at 343.

Wait you mean more than 11% of people asked for no sprint? I cant believe this...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is Snakebite 100% certain that no other pros were asked?

I kind of want Josh to come back with something along the lines of Paul didn't meet their criteria to be considered a top seeded player. I enjoy a good pot stirring.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see Breakout like Penalties in soccer, in the way that nobody thinks the winner of the penalties is the better soccer team. Thing is, penalties are needed in Soccer cause after extra times, the players are too exhausted to keep playing.

I like Breakout, i like swat, big team, etc. But if i were a Pro playing for 2.5 Million prize i would be really mad being obligated to play a random gametype.

We had a dialogue with pros about Breakout (early in HWC, before Xmas break) and the feedback was split. A number of pros on top seeded teams said they wanted to keep it on the circuit, in part because they had put in the time to practice with competition in mind. There was not a majority in favor of removing. That said, we remain open to revisiting in future (post-HWC) and making changes based on feedback. Up to and including removing/replacing the mode for competitive play.

No one is trying to force anything down your throat. The mode continues to perform well and is popular with the H5 player base despite any vocal opposition here. It's certainly not "crap" and we won't consider it a failure if it is changed/removed for competitive play.

No poll was ever taken with top seeded pros. It has not been a split decision whatsoever either.

stephen-a-smith-sipping-coffee-o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

No poll was ever taken with top seeded pros. It has not been a split decision whatsoever either.

1im_original.jpg

being lied to is never fun...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think there were some pros saying that they had some conversations with 343 about stuff (like Radar, Breakout, etc.) correct me if I'm wrong @@Mikwen didn't you say you talked briefly about some of that stuff (albeit, nothing you can do? Something about earliest time for the removal radar would be after HWC)?

Was Breakout a part of that conversation as well, and if so, what were the general opinions?

Because if I'm not mistaken, almost every pro I hear talk about Breakout say the gametype is ass for competitive. Not bashing saying it's absolute garbage or anything (save a few people here and there lol). It's just that it's not suited for competitive play. And I agree. It's stupidly random for competitive and should be taken out.

Edit:

SnakeBite just clarified my question below.

I have no doubt that there are a lot of split opinions about Breakout, AR/Pistol starts, the way the competitive playlist is handled, etc. but let's be real here, nothing is going to change until post-HWC

We had a dialogue with pros about Breakout (early in HWC, before Xmas break) and the feedback was split. A number of pros on top seeded teams said they wanted to keep it on the circuit, in part because they had put in the time to practice with competition in mind. There was not a majority in favor of removing. That said, we remain open to revisiting in future (post-HWC) and making changes based on feedback. Up to and including removing/replacing the mode for competitive play.

No one is trying to force anything down your throat. The mode continues to perform well and is popular with the H5 player base despite any vocal opposition here. It's certainly not "crap"  and we won't consider it a failure if it is changed/removed for competitive play.

tumblr_inline_n4echfiJIo1r7fnmm.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

I want to see a public poll of the players on the top 32 teams with a yay or nay about breakout. Would need to verify who's who though while also keeping the votes anonymous. How could we set that up?

Just to be clear I asked all of the pros through a chat we have. No one was polled. Not like I just wasn't the one who wasn't polled about it Didn't think I had to point that out.

Holy shit this just got real. So were we just blatantly lied to? Not like it would be the first time *cough MCC *cough.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Just to be clear I asked all of the pros through a chat we have.  No one was polled. Not like I just wasn't the one who wasn't polled about it  Didn't think I had to point that out.

Welp... That answers my question.