CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yup I've always been a solo player I just find it more enjoyable. I'll occasionally play with a team but going solo was always my thing. Now I really can't do that so I'm just sorta stuck. "Just play with people" isn't the solution because I PREFER SOLO 90% of the time. Ughhhh so much rage.

Just gotta adapt. Play that 6 man FFA on Overgrowth. ^_^ /s

• Upvote (+1) 1

We had a dialogue with pros about Breakout (early in HWC, before Xmas break) and the feedback was split. A number of pros on top seeded teams said they wanted to keep it on the circuit, in part because they had put in the time to practice with competition in mind. There was not a majority in favor of removing. That said, we remain open to revisiting in future (post-HWC) and making changes based on feedback. Up to and including removing/replacing the mode for competitive play.

No one is trying to force anything down your throat. The mode continues to perform well and is popular with the H5 player base despite any vocal opposition here. It's certainly not "crap" and we won't consider it a failure if it is changed/removed for competitive play.

I get it; You're paid by 343i to lie on the Internet.

Just don't do it here. kthxbai.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Just gotta adapt. Play that 6 man FFA on Overgrowth. ^_^ /s

Fuckkkkkk, that map gave me my first ever loss in FFA and from that point on I only used the pistol (and did awful). My adaption skills are not up to par.

Fuckkkkkk, that map gave me my first ever loss in FFA and from that point on I only used the pistol (and did awful). My adaption skills are not up to par.

Lol, that sucks, brah. I find that the map itself works a helluva lot better with Strongholds, over FFA, or default Slayer. Although, the Shotgun/Camo placement is still baffling. Blue Team has an immediate, and almost unfair advantage every time.

Better than the Battle Rifle. The BR is too easy to use. 

I don't really care about the BR.. Ignoring the problems with our current "utility weapon" all while saying "at least its harder to use than the br".. gets us nowhere.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Lol, that sucks, brah. I find that the map itself works a helluva lot better with Strongholds, over FFA, or default Slayer. Although, the Shotgun/Camo placement is still baffling. Blue Team has an immediate, and almost unfair advantage every time.

Yea strongholds is infinitely better but that's not really saying much. Starting spawns in this game overall seem to be pretty unfair on a lot of maps. But with camo being so powerful Overgrowth really becomes a nightmare.

Yea strongholds is infinitely better but that's not really saying much. Starting spawns in this game overall seem to be pretty unfair on a lot of maps. But with camo being so powerful Overgrowth really becomes a nightmare.

It's worse with the fact that people blend in WAY more with the grass, water and darker areas. I remember I played an FFA on Overgrowth. Didn't think "too" much on it, until I ran into my first enemy. He had camo, a Shotgun, and the Railgun. Resulted in my first legitimately disappointed quit, ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No poll was ever taken with top seeded pros. It has not been a split decision whatsoever either.

Josh be like:

1114612.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nah but let's see what Josh has to say

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's worse with the fact that people blend in WAY more with the grass, water and darker areas. I remember I played an FFA on Overgrowth. Didn't think "too" much on it, until I ran into my first enemy. He had camo, a Shotgun, and the Railgun. Resulted in my first legitimately disappointed quit, ever.

The way the lighting is in this game really annoys me. I'm either blinded by glare or I can't see at all. I don't know what they did but it makes the game really difficult for me on top of my already terrible vision.

The way the lighting is in this game really annoys me. I'm either blinded by glare or I can't see at all. I don't know what they did but it makes the game really difficult for me on top of my already terrible vision.

Eden and Empire are the worst in this

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't have "much" of an issue with it. I DO think it's ridiculous that you literally can't see at all if you look a certain direction on Glacier's sunrise setting, due to the glare but most maps are generally "fine". I can't really think of a map past the Forge canvas that literally sears my retinas, or leaves me leaning into the screen to see targets. That may just be my eyesight though.

I don't have "much" of an issue with it. I DO think it's ridiculous that you literally can't see at all if you look a certain direction on Glacier's sunrise setting, due to the glare but most maps are generally "fine". I can't really think of a map past the Forge canvas that literally sears my retinas, or leaves me leaning into the screen to see targets. That may just be my eyesight though.

I know playing on Dispatch is beyond annoying because the main door for the attackers has blinding lights all around so you can't see properly at all. Also the little side door has really bright lights as well. On Arena most maps aren't like awful but it's enough to be annoying. I don't like anything that hinders me from seeing people properly.

I know playing on Dispatch is beyond annoying because the main door for the attackers has blinding lights all around so you can't see properly at all. Also the little side door has really bright lights as well. On Arena most maps aren't like awful but it's enough to be annoying. I don't like anything that hinders me from seeing people properly.

Oh, I understand entirely, I just haven't encountered areas like that myself. However, I also do think the occasional lightning strike on Eden is just brainbusting. When they upped the brightness of the map from the beta, they also did it with the lightning, so, what was one a more "subtle" effect is now a seizure inducing flash for a second or two.

No poll was ever taken with top seeded pros. It has not been a split decision whatsoever either.

I'd like to see people quote this until we get a reply from @@Sal1ent regarding this

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh, I understand entirely, I just haven't encountered areas like that myself. However, I also do think the occasional lightning strike on Eden is just brainbusting. When they upped the brightness of the map from the beta, they also did it with the lightning, so, what was one a more "subtle" effect is now a seizure inducing flash for a second or two.

Ah I forgot about that. Honestly throws me off every time it happens. I can see it costing a team a huge kill come tourney time.

Ah I forgot about that. Honestly throws me off every time it happens. I can see it costing a team a huge kill come tourney time.

I wonder if the lightning happens on a timer, so people can learn when the effect happens and thus, add to the deep DEEP meta that is Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 1