CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The armor is 3/5 the helmet is 5/5.

That seems literally impossible. I mean if team beyond doesn't have it, who would have? 

EDIT: @ the above post. Seasons imo should be like 3 months long. though I haven't really participated. 6 weeks seems short. Maybe 2 months. IDK. 

In my post I mentioned somewhat of a separate mode for breakout that has more emphasis on OBJ winning the round, without it actually having to be captured at a base. I'm sure there are numerous ways to deal with the stalemate issue, but I think that playing for the draw hurts the game mode and the spectator experience. In my opinion, it shouldn't be such a high priority to hide and play for the draw when you are the last one alive.

Benson said "I can assure you his controller did not disconnect" or something of the sorts. There were multiple factors that went into a round win of attrition in shadowrun, and the movement options really did allow for some beautiful 1v4 come backs, but I really think holding the flag should win the round for the team rather than draw.

Not saying that was their main reasoning, just that it was a factor for some. I mentioned population in context of the comments around the mode being considered a waste of development time if it doesn't remain in the competitive scene. My point being, it's not a waste if a large population continues to enjoy playing it, as they do today.

I'm pretty confident you will see this happen. :)

I think Breakout should stay in because nothing makes me appreciate default Halo 5 like watching 4 straight rounds of stalled out gameplay where commentators literally have to reassure the audience that the players' controllers didn't disconnect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Since @@Sal1ent is on, could you take some time for a response on (some of) these questions:

• Riptide looks great but will we see some non-UNSC themed arena maps or will you stick to UNSC designs for Arena?
  • How about the server selection for EU players? Is this something you're looking into? I know quite a few people who like where you're going with Halo 5 but have dropped the game due to having to play on high ping US servers
  • How about matching to4's when playing alone? Is this something you're looking into?

I'd appreciate a response even if it's just for one of those questions :)

@@Sal1ent

Are we ever getting actual social playlists? I mean, the game is out for 3 months and the outcry for it is and was huge on here and on Waypoint. I feel like beating a dead horse when I keep asking for it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That seems literally impossible. I mean if team beyond doesn't have it, who would have?

EDIT: @ the above post. Seasons imo should be like 3 months long. though I haven't really participated. 6 weeks seems short. Maybe 2 months. IDK.

Yea it's extremely difficult to get if you don't have a 100 man spartan company. I know 2 groups The Sauna and PartyUpGaming that are really far (but they play like complete and utter assholes). I personally think that this was the wrong way to implement "earning" armor.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yea it's extremely difficult to get if you don't have a 100 man spartan company. I know 2 groups The Sauna and PartyUpGaming that are really far (but they play like complete and utter assholes). I personally think that this was the wrong way to implement "earning" armor.

Spawn killing in Warzone for 20 minutes?

Spawn killing in Warzone for 20 minutes?

Pretty much while also spamming REQs. If they get defense on Warzone assault thy spawn kill until about 45 seconds are left and then let you capture the base. They then repeat that for the rest of the game. I really think they need to do so a thing to alleviate these problems.

Was watching an MLG game of Halo 5 this morning. Died when I saw " @@Vetoed " on the leaderboard for Blue Team. I may be late to the party, but congratulations, man. Also, big shout out to @@Batchford for a similar feat. You sure did well, and went far.

I was hoping to be remembered for BTB and Warzone, not stupid MLG. Now I lost all my street cred over at Halo Waypoint for associating with MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Pretty much while also spamming REQs. If they get defense on Warzone assault thy spawn kill until about 45 seconds are left and then let you capture the base. They then repeat that for the rest of the game. I really think they need to do so a thing to alleviate these problems.

A trend I've noticed in gaming is whenever you add an incentive to the game other than just winning, things go to shit. See achievements, commendations, unlocks that require you to get X kills with X weapon, etc. It always leads to people finding exploits.

It'll be pretty difficult unless they put in some sort of mercy rule.

What they could do is reward players more RP and EXP for shorter games in both Arena and Warzone, which would make sense as it's pretty impressive to end a Warzone game 3 minutes in and it's annoying when the average SWAT and Breakout game are only >5 minutes anyways and not getting much of a reward.

@@Sal1ent I hope this is something being looked at

• Upvote (+1) 2

A Petty Penguin and Wasp both pull this same bullshit stunt. I've truly grown to despise those who're higher ranked in this game, because most, if not all pull these asshat moves on people. Makes me more salty than the game itself, since it ruins other player's time in the game, all for selfish gains.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Happened to me yesterday while playing solo, got an invite from them after the game though. I knew it was a full squad, they had 12 then one left so they wanted me to play. I went into the lobby and then left, fuck that. 

A trend I've noticed in gaming is whenever you add an incentive to the game other than just winning, things go to shit. See achievements, commendations, unlocks that require you to get X kills with X weapon, etc. It always leads to people finding exploits.

I've noticed that Recon did the exact opposite in Halo 3. Because it was handed down directly by Bungie for doing awesome stuff – yet nothing specific – people were always finding innovative ways of accomplishing crazy, mind-blowing and impressive feats and getting them to spread within the community. It led to a massive surge of creative content overall.

Unfortunately, devs don't do stuff like that because of the incessant "everyone wins" mentality. The only real exclusives are pre-order bonuses nowadays... which is kind of sad.

The Achilles armor is a step in the right direction, but it's not. It is in the sense that for once, it's not just another REQ unlock, but it isn't in the sense that it's a mindless grind with no real skill or creativity required. Just a whole fucking lot of people who are willing to grind Warzone all the time.

By the time you're done grinding for that armor, you can be confident you'll most likely be at the point where you're unlocking nothing but legendaries or even have finished all of your REQ.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was hoping to be remembered for BTB and Warzone, not stupid MLG. Now I lost all my street cred over at Halo Waypoint for associating with MLG.

Don't you still have some cred from that sick fro?

Better than the Battle Rifle. The BR is too easy to use. 

Zing. May seem backwards, but I'd really much rather have the current Magnum, than the Battle Rifle. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be nice if the ranks were cleared completely including MMR when they reset otherwise it's basically just a placebo effect. 

It'll be pretty difficult unless they put in some sort of mercy rule.

What they could do is reward players more RP and EXP for shorter games in both Arena and Warzone, which would make sense as it's pretty impressive to end a Warzone game 3 minutes in

I think more RP/EXP for shorter games would encourage people to let the other team win. I don't think there is a good solution except maybe a properly implemented mercy rule like you mentioned.

A Petty Penguin and Wasp both pull this same bullshit stunt. I've truly grown to despise those who're higher ranked in this game, because most, if not all pull these asshat moves on people. Makes me more salty than the game itself, since it ruins other player's time in the game, all for selfish gains.

Yup I've honestly played just about every known cheap 12 man squad. I now know to just back out because it's not even worth the trouble.

I think more RP/EXP for shorter games would encourage people to let the other team win. I don't think there is a good solution except maybe a properly implemented mercy rule like you mentioned.

If they reversed the rewards(quicker games = more rewards; longer games = less rewards) then sure, especially in Warzone Assault but I don't think they should do that. A longer, and most likely closer, game should just be as rewarding or even more rewarding as a quick, shorter game. It's just you get nothing for short games and when we get gametypes like Infection, Race, Grifball, etc it'll be bad if this isn't improved

And knowing how a lot of these guys that drag out games love to boast about their W/L I doubt they'll just let people win

The mode continues to perform well and is popular with the H5 player base despite any vocal opposition here. It's certainly not "crap"  and we won't consider it a failure if it is changed/removed for competitive play.

Could you clarify what you mean by this? I am assuming you're referring to the actual population numbers as being pleasing, because the relative performance of the Breakout playlist over the Holiday period, as revealed in the recent 'Opening Statements' community update, didn't appear strong with the following rankings:

Holiday Playlist Popularity

By total unique users

1. Warzone
  2. Slayer
  3. Team Arena
  4. SWAT
  5. Big Team Battle
  6. Holiday Social
  7. Warzone Assault
  8. Breakout
  9. Holiday Doubles
  10. Free for All

It would seem quite the stretch to call the playlist ranked 8th (of 10) 'popular,' would it not?

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Sal1ent

I love everything about H5, except for the aiming.

I know it's a long shot but is there a chance 343 is working on a fix for the aiming (make it more similar to previous Halos or even the H5 beta) considering all of the complaints still hanging in the air? I love the game to death and try to grind it for all its worth but I've reached a point where I rage quit every other game because of the aiming. I feel that getting a monitor would solve my issues (reducing input lag which would effectively decrease the clunky feel), but I shouldn't have to buy a monitor in order to play the game. Also, there's no getting used to it, and the recent update did minimal work to solve the issue. I've tried playing for hundreds of hours on different settings following many different guidelines to no avail, the aiming still feels bad. This issue needs to be solved, and if 343 won't address it then that is absolutely outrageous. 

Adding skins, armor, new maps, new gamemodes, that's all great. More content for game that already exceeds its value (with forge and custom games). But none of that matters if the game feels totally clunky, and this is coming from a hard-core, longtime fan.

• Upvote (+1) 4