CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

But that would mean that the "new gametype" they dedicated so much time and money, is crap and not accepted. They keep forcing it down our throats.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But that would mean that the "new gametype" they dedicated so much time and money, is crap and not accepted. They keep forcing it down our throats.

But Josh said........

we need more social also, it's not fair on my teammates that I get raided and they lose rank 

It's very long, as long or longer than Reach's. Spartan charge makes it 3x that giving the range of an energy sword.

I just played Reach. I'd say Reach's is about 2/3 - 3/4 of Halo 5's. It also feels really hard to trade melee's in 5. Like we both hit the melee button but nothing happens on one our ends.

Playing some community breakout yesterday, am I crazy or did they change the amount of ammo in the DMR pickup on these maps? There was no ammo in reserve, I just had one full mag and IIRC I could reload the DMR on gambol originally. 

I only want 4 things....4 things that I think are realistic asks.

1) Social playlist options (just a couple)

2) Breakout (and all iterations) removed from Arena/Competitive and replaced with bomb or ball (depending which comes first)

3) A real fix to make aiming like the beta or previous halos

4) More maps / forge creations added to MM.

That's it and I would be content. I obviously have other things i want to see changed (Radar, Weapon balancing, etc) but these four would at least keep me playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played quite a bit of the community breakout playlist over the weekend because I like to see what the community can create.  There are some really great maps in the playlist that need to be turned into regular arena maps. I think a lot of them would be really fun for regular arena strongholds, flag, and slayer.

edit:  I absolutely love this one:
apparition-3-a8c4bdce58ed4809a988c3ea28e

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was watching an MLG game of Halo 5 this morning. Died when I saw " @@Vetoed " on the leaderboard for Blue Team. I may be late to the party, but congratulations, man. Also, big shout out to @@Batchford for a similar feat. You sure did well, and went far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

:flames:  :flames:  :intensifies:   :intensifies:  BATCHFORD :intensifies:    :intensifies:   :flames:  :flames:

:simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :simms:  :apg:  :apg:  :apg:  :apg:  :ghost: :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:  :intensifies:

:flames:  :flames:  :intensifies:   :intensifies:  BATCHFORD :intensifies:    :intensifies:   :flames:  :flames:

Delivering tbag justice on stream since 2016

Speaking of Breakout; I played the Community Breakout playlist. It was hilariously enjoyable, to be honest, and I was able to play it solo, which is a first for any Arena playlist in months. Whoever made Highrise, I love you. And whoever utilized green colors on their maps, you're amazing. I still have yet to play on Simulation, but I can't wait to do so. Love the Pit, and what I saw on the stream was more than enough to interest me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We had a dialogue with pros about Breakout (early in HWC, before Xmas break) and the feedback was split. A number of pros on top seeded teams said they wanted to keep it on the circuit, in part because they had put in the time to practice with competition in mind. There was not a majority in favor of removing. That said, we remain open to revisiting in future (post-HWC) and making changes based on feedback. Up to and including removing/replacing the mode for competitive play.

Fair enough.

breakout stuff

Are there any plans to test or include other game modes under a breakout setting? This is loosely based off of how Shadowrun had a couple of variations in their game such as extraction, attrition, and raid. I understand this can be very confusing for players to figure out the discrepancies in the modes, but I think it would add some variety to breakout and POSSIBLY allow for some different strategies.

I'm not saying any of these are the greatest, nor are they all my ideas, but here are a few for now. I can honestly think of quite a bit of pros and cons to each of these game variations. I do tend to enjoy breakout as a mode, but I also find that it's hard to play multiple times in a row.

Instead of a flag, make it an oddball that needs to be held for about 10 seconds. I think the ball plays a bigger emphasis in making sure your team has eyes on it. If the enemy pulled flag and fell on altitude, you might not be worried, but if they can quickly grab ball and fall back that's a big priority for your team to stop.

Take a bit of attrition from Shadowrun and create a more slayer based mode that also puts importance on picking up OBJ. Neither team needs to score the flag, but the one who holds it at the end of the round wins the game. Who knows if this will create the same clutch moments that happened in SR, but I've seen plenty of clutch moments this way. In this mode for SR theres a lot of things that effect the outcome of the round. OBJ is top priority, but you can win by eliminating the team as well. They accomplished this by giving teams more money for holding flag. Then it went by kills, then money earned, so money would be irrelevant.

Have a stronghold come up in an exposed area that requires a player to convert, then require another 10 seconds to win or something like that. The opening plays might be very similar to oddball but the OBJ would be differently.

I also have another game mode for breakout that is soooo far out there that it'd just get laughed at if I posted it lol. I'll send that in a PM.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are there any plans to test or include other game modes under a breakout setting? This is loosely based off of how Shadowrun had a couple of variations in their game such as extraction, attrition, and raid. I understand this can be very confusing for players to figure out the discrepancies in the modes, but I think it would add some variety to breakout and POSSIBLY allow for some different strategies.

I'm not saying any of these are the greatest, nor are they all my ideas, but here are a few for now. I can honestly think of quite a bit of pros and cons to each of these game variations. I do tend to enjoy breakout as a mode, but I also find that it's hard to play multiple times in a row.

Instead of a flag, make it an oddball that needs to be held for about 10 seconds. I think the ball plays a bigger emphasis in making sure your team has eyes on it. If the enemy pulled flag and fell on altitude, you might not be worried, but if they can quickly grab ball and fall back that's a big priority for your team to stop.

Take a bit of attrition from Shadowrun and create a more slayer based mode that also puts importance on picking up OBJ. Neither team needs to score the flag, but the one who holds it at the end of the round wins the game. Who knows if this will create the same clutch moments that happened in SR, but I've seen plenty of clutch moments this way. In this mode for SR theres a lot of things that effect the outcome of the round. OBJ is top priority, but you can win by eliminating the team as well. They accomplished this by giving teams more money for holding flag. Then it went by kills, then money earned, so money would be irrelevant.

Have a stronghold come up in an exposed area that requires a player to convert, then require another 10 seconds to win or something like that. The opening plays might be very similar to oddball but the OBJ would be differently.

I also have another game mode for breakout that is soooo far out there that it'd just get laughed at if I posted it lol. I'll send that in a PM.

Breakout with a Stronghold is already possible with the new settings we have been given. I made a proof of concept for it, but never got to formally test it.

We had a dialogue with pros about Breakout (early in HWC, before Xmas break) and the feedback was split. A number of pros on top seeded teams said they wanted to keep it on the circuit, in part because they had put in the time to practice with competition in mind. There was not a majority in favor of removing. That said, we remain open to revisiting in future (post-HWC) and making changes based on feedback. Up to and including removing/replacing the mode for competitive play.

No one is trying to force anything down your throat. The mode continues to perform well and is popular with the H5 player base despite any vocal opposition here. It's certainly not "crap" and we won't consider it a failure if it is changed/removed for competitive play.

Have you guys considered adding an option to switch sides every round, or every X amount of rounds, to allow for assymetric maps and more variety in strategy?

We had a dialogue with pros about Breakout (early in HWC, before Xmas break) and the feedback was split. A number of pros on top seeded teams said they wanted to keep it on the circuit, in part because they had put in the time to practice with competition in mind. There was not a majority in favor of removing. That said, we remain open to revisiting in future (post-HWC) and making changes based on feedback. Up to and including removing/replacing the mode for competitive play.

No one is trying to force anything down your throat. The mode continues to perform well and is popular with the H5 player base despite any vocal opposition here. It's certainly not "crap"  and we won't consider it a failure if it is changed/removed for competitive play.

Please add bomb or ball  :walshy:

I just hope we can get some ball modes into whatever comes after the Halo World Champs.