CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Fayvn's videos are very good and laid out in a good manner. He is still pretty new but he states what he believes in and then gives detailed examples as too why he believes that. You can't really argue with the way he presents his stuff, maybe his tone of voice but his formatting for his arguments is spot on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

tldr killmachine and bdobbins are the biggest scrublords of the Halo community

If scrubs means not playing Halo 12 hours a day i shall take the title of scrub

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't really argue with the way he presents his stuff, maybe his tone of voice but his formatting for his arguments is spot on.

That's what I've been trying to say. For me, it alllllll has to do with tone and "sometimes" how these Youtubers present their points, vocally. Not attacking either Youtuber in this context; just saying. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's what I've been trying to say. For me, it alllllll has to do with tone and "sometimes" how these Youtubers present their points, vocally. Not attacking either Youtuber in this context; just saying.

May be you dislike how he scripts his videos; he follows the script rigidly. Lemon comes off more casual and off the cuff. Not that one is necessarily better than the other.

Fayvn Favyn Favre

I cant wait until he quits making videos only to come back a few years later. Twice.

May be you dislike how he scripts his videos; he follows the script rigidly. Lemon comes off more casual and off the cuff. Not that one is necessarily better than the other.

Again, it's their voice tone. I said that. Lemon's casualness is basically perfect in the way that he did it. And he once again, didn't need an attitude or cynical mindset/tone to say what he needed to.

Hi there :)

Firstly just wanted to say I take no disrespect in your initial post. And everyone's entitled to an opinion, and if you don't like the way I present my arguments then that's 100% ok. I believe the video referenced was a cursed lemon video, and I don't blame you for enjoying it I think he's excellent.

But just to defend myself a bit. If I were to "take notes" from Cursed Lemon and do things more like he does, then why watch me? If I don't bring anything different or "present" my content in a way that I feel helps me differentiate myself from other youtubers then there's no point in watching me. I become a clone.

I try to look at things from an analytical standpoint. Take a topic and attack it from new directions and explain it in ways that maybe people haven't thought of it yet. Am I negative? Yes. But I feel like I at least give my negative viewpoints credence.

I haven't been perfect. But I've also been doing this for a very short time, and I've tried to do a few different styles, some I've liked more than others.

I'd encourage you to try one of my newer videos if you haven't seen my stuff in a while, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

if I could describe lemons style, it would be laid back, sarcastic, yet informed and objective as well as humorous, your videos are analytical but clearly give off a very passionate vibe, like hearing you talk about the lack of content and getting angry at what 343 was doing(is still doing), I think this makes it seem like you care a lot, which is important. There's really not much you have to change, clearly you've carved out a style that works for you at this point.

SF is a much smaller deal though, I don't think it has strict PR plans, profit expectations and growth agendas..

I believe we're at a point, where tripple A Halo games do more harm then good..MS should split them up, do several Spin-offs with diffrent gameplay for a much smaller potential player base but have a better interaction with those who play the game so the game can actually cater to a specific group of players.

Too bad this is not fit in with the "everybody-has-to-like-everything"-mentality of todays market..

Street fighter v most definitely has all of that or at least close. It's just they have been relatively clear on their philosophy for the game. SF4 was a highly defensive SF game with a universal mechanic that made parts of the game flawed, capcom has been saying they want this game to be a lot about aggressive behavior, neutral based and the characters being unique from each other very evidently.

You have to understand that this game is either going to make or break the Fighting Game Community. If it's unanimous that SFV is trash compared to SF4 then the community will be much weaker than it used to be or everyone will keep playing SF4 which capcom really, really does not want.

It's just unlike 343, Capcoms competitive user base and ever growing interest in eSports/competitive scene is just much stronger/intelligent than 343i.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hi there :)

Firstly just wanted to say I take no disrespect in your initial post. And everyone's entitled to an opinion, and if you don't like the way I present my arguments then that's 100% ok. I believe the video referenced was a cursed lemon video, and I don't blame you for enjoying it I think he's excellent.

But just to defend myself a bit. If I were to "take notes" from Cursed Lemon and do things more like he does, then why watch me? If I don't bring anything different or "present" my content in a way that I feel helps me differentiate myself from other youtubers then there's no point in watching me. I become a clone.

I try to look at things from an analytical standpoint. Take a topic and attack it from new directions and explain it in ways that maybe people haven't thought of it yet. Am I negative? Yes. But I feel like I at least give my negative viewpoints credence.

I haven't been perfect. But I've also been doing this for a very short time, and I've tried to do a few different styles, some I've liked more than others.

I'd encourage you to try one of my newer videos if you haven't seen my stuff in a while, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

I might skeet past a fair bit of this paragraph, but I feel the need to, solely to make my point a little more obvious, since I know I can make mixed messages, or say things I may not entirely mean in a certain context. For one, do note I'm not trying to attack you, or any other Youtuber who presents their points in certain ways. I know differing people having differing ways of handling things, and I know/admit I shot a little early in terms of saying "take notes", because I shouldn't be generally trying to condense how people say certain things on a platform like Youtube, where people thrive on being individual personalities.

I also must be clear on this: I GET your arguments. I have nothing against them. At all. If anything, I'm essentially completely indifferent to them at this point, and I'm only speaking towards how you actually present it, with your voice, not what you write, or say, content wise. It's only the overall tone of negativity that bothers me, not the actual point of the video, in most cases. And of course, that's entirely subjective. However, I REALLY feel like people mix up my dislike for how something's presented, and the content itself.

Maple Syrupland sends its greetings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The short answer is PC players have it awesome.

The CSGO community bitched, moaned, and complained and ESL said they would even use the new update. And guess what Valve rolled back the the shitty update and fixed a broken gun. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/valve-rolls-back-csgo-rifle-and-pistol-changes/

Say what you want about bitching and complaining, but as far as the PC community goes there have been significant changes to some games because of it. I don't think the same can be said for the Halo community and 343i. Granted its not all perfect on the PC side but its definitely more than what console communities get. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I might skeet past a fair bit of this paragraph, but I feel the need to, solely to make my point a little more obvious, since I know I can make mixed messages, or say things I may not entirely mean in a certain context. For one, do note I'm not trying to attack you, or any other Youtuber who presents their points in certain ways. I know differing people having differing ways of handling things, and I know/admit I shot a little early in terms of saying "take notes", because I shouldn't be generally trying to condense how people say certain things on a platform like Youtube, where people thrive on being individual personalities.

I also must be clear on this: I GET your arguments. I have nothing against them. At all. If anything, I'm essentially completely indifferent to them at this point, and I'm only speaking towards how you actually present it, with your voice, not what you write, or say, content wise. It's only the overall tone of negativity that bothers me, not the actual point of the video, in most cases. And of course, that's entirely subjective. However, I REALLY feel like people mix up my dislike for how something's presented, and the content itself.

Maple Syrupland sends its greetings.

I totally get it. No worries. I'm glad you checked them out to begin with :)

The CSGO community bitched, moaned, and complained and ESL said they would even use the new update. And guess what Valve rolled back the the shitty update and fixed a broken gun. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/valve-rolls-back-csgo-rifle-and-pistol-changes/

Say what you want about bitching and complaining, but as far as the PC community goes there have been significant changes to some games because of it. I don't think the same can be said for the Halo community and 343i. Granted its not all perfect on the PC side but its definitely more than what console communities get. 

maxresdefault.jpg

"Master race", right?

I totally get it. No worries. I'm glad you checked them out to begin with :)

Everyone deserves a chance to be heard. In the same breath, I'm not saying you're undeserving anymore. Hopefully, future Youtube life is prosperous in terms of a growing fanbase, for you.

I shouldn't have played Halo 1 last night, because Halo 5's aiming feels even worse now. It's like someone took a hammer and smashed my hand to bits.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I shouldn't have played Halo 1 last night, because Halo 5's aiming feels even worse now. It's like someone took a hammer and smashed my hand to bits.

I shouldn't have played Halo 1's and then Halo 5's story last week. It's like someone took the campaign and dropped a galactically proportioned shit on it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ugh...having one of those nights where the last shot just never feels like it's registering.  Costing me a lot of deaths.  Frustrating. 

Ugh...having one of those nights where the last shot just never feels like it's registering. Costing me a lot of deaths. Frustrating.

You probably know this but you just gotta get past the mental game bruh. Don't be greedy for kills like you desperately need them, they'll come and also shoot the last shot like the others. Last one is the same as the rest mathematically