CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm very curious to see if the CE magnum will actually be a projectile weapon or if it will adopt the hitscan properties of most of this game's weapons. I want to see high kill speeds as bad as anyone, but if that thing registers hits from way off center of the target like even the current magnum does it's going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what do we have to do to get a classic playlist? With H1-H3 forge maps, no spartan abilities, no sprint, CE magnum and H2 BR starts.. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So what do we have to do to get a classic playlist? With H1-H3 forge maps, no spartan abilities, no sprint, CE magnum, H2 BR Starts and Fixed Aiming...........

If it turns out the H2 BR is extremely faithful to how it worked before, there are no excuses if they fuck up the CE Magnum.

In the Sprint they seemed to have 1:1 sound, animation, shotlead and behavior. They even asked for an extra two days to make it proper (they turned down using the Halo 5 magnum effects)

So what do we have to do to get a classic playlist? With H1-H3 forge maps, no spartan abilities, no sprint, CE magnum, H2 BR Starts and Fixed Aiming...........

first we walk...

Well, ranked up and found out the jump from SR-144 to SR-145 is 700,000 XP. I'm DONE.

I'm a 146 tough shit  B)

Well, ranked up and found out the jump from SR-144 to SR-145 is 700,000 XP. I'm DONE.

Just wait for the 15 million from 151 to 152. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what do we have to do to get a classic playlist? With H1-H3 forge maps, no spartan abilities, no sprint, CE magnum and H2 BR starts.. 

image.png

Did you get to inheritor in reach?

personal goal of mine at the moment, although since I'm a hero I probably won't get to it any time soon.

It's funny, when Reach came out a lot of people were saying that it was lazy for them to use MP maps as combat areas in campaign. What 343 is doing with remixes and forge maps, and calling them new maps is so much worse. Reusing assets to the maximum and calling it brand new.

The original map count is still 10, after 3 DLC's. I'm really hoping we get a real DLC with content that's genuinely brand new, so the money made from REQ's shows to legitimately benefit the game for once.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's funny, when Reach came out a lot of people were saying that it was lazy for them to use MP maps as combat areas in campaign. What 343 is doing with remixes and forge maps, and calling them new maps is so much worse. Reusing assets to the maximum and calling it brand new.

Is it? One involves reusing the exact same map, possibly removing some assets, or adding more to make the map fit (Like the toilets in Powerhouse), and another simply involves making a map that, while aesthetically similar, plays entirely differently. It's more new than using campaign maps, which "generally" requires nothing more than a skybox change and some asset movement. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is it? One involves reusing the exact same map, possibly removing some assets, or adding more to make the map fit (Like the toilets in Powerhouse), and another simply involves making a map that, while aesthetically similar, plays entirely differently. It's more new than using campaign maps, which "generally" requires nothing more than a skybox change and some asset movement. 

Powerhouse Was the GOAT Map, one of my fav maps in Halo 3V8qFHN.png

Powerhouse Was the GOAT Map, one of my fav maps in Halo 3V8qFHN.png

I was indifferent to it. I played on it, but didn't like or hate it. Unpopular opinion, but I loved Sword Base. XP Probably one of my favorite Reach maps. That and Zealot.

• Downvote (-1) 1

reachs mp maps were not ported from campaign, it was actually the opposite i think, they simply inserted the mp maps into the campaign, remixing is undoubtedly worse since the maps have mostly the same layout with a bit of a twist, so the way they play isnt exactly new and different when compared their counterparts, over growth is really the only remix out of the 5 we have that mostly plays different from its predecessor, truth and regret mostly play the same except regret is slower, eden and empire mostly play the same, all the warzone remixes are mostly the same but with different scenery or lighting effect, and the two new maps were getting dont look all that different either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Inb4 we get stretched versions of classic maps that are cater towards the abilities instead of actually being scaled for true classic settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1