CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You can just see the bullshit of those shots with that magnetism.

Anyhow, get legitimately REQ'T. All three of you. 

nice photoshop

storm rifles, assault rifles, smg, inconsistent promethean shotguns, radar, breakout, arena breakout, overgrowth, sniper magnetism, noob combos, maps, storm rifles, assault rifles, smg, inconsistent promethean shotguns, radar, breakout, arena breakout, overgrowth, sniper magnetism, noob combos, maps, storm rifles, assault rifles, smg, inconsistent promethean shotguns, radar, breakout, arena breakout, overgrowth, sniper magnetism, noob combos, maps, storm rifles, assault rifles, smg, inconsistent promethean shotguns, radar, breakout, arena breakout, overgrowth, sniper magnetism, noob combos, maps

and stuff

People laugh at the accent since it makes me pronounce words improperly. "Drey-gon" over "Dragon", etc.

It isn't. It's an amazing experience, though. Same for @@Batchford.

we all know the best accents are east coast accents, wawter, cawps, Ayss hole, it's great.

Because it took the awesome premise of a round based game type that succeeds in games like CS or COD and threw it upside down and made a mess of it. It makes me sick thinking about the amount of resources drained making that mode.

Entirely different damage/health system, entirely separate and isolated map/theme, no incentive for map movement (unless it's Gambol), different starting loadout, and a lot more.

I like Breakout (aside from the gimmicks), but its a shame that whoever was behind it didn't understand what makes round-based game types great, because now was a better time than ever to introduce one into Halo.

What if they added camo to every map?

I also think the mode would play better if you scored the flag at your own base.  That would do a much better job of forcing movement.

I also think the mode would play better if you scored the flag at your own base. That would do a much better job of forcing movement.

I was thinking the same thing. Would definitely be interested to see how breakout played if you had to bring the flag back to your own base. Would definitely have to get rid of grenades in that scenario though.

That looks like a horrible version of Derelict.

I also think the mode would play better if you scored the flag at your own base.  That would do a much better job of forcing movement.

Camo, Rockets, Sniper, literally anything that actually incentivizes movement and can turn the tides of a round. Gambol has the most dynamic Breakout gameplay and would be even better if there was something more worthwhile on Shotgun side.

As for the Flag, I really don't think bringing the Flag back would be a good change. If anything it might just make things more gimmicky. A true elimination game type is asymmetric (Defenders vs. Attackers; attackers lose the round if they don't complete the objective), and Breakout is obviously very symmetrical.

I think the Flag does a good job for its purpose right now. It's a secondary objective that relieves stalemates, but the entire mode would have to be reworked to implement a primary objective.

Ok, I was writing a fucking essay and then clicked something by accident and everything was gone. :( So here I am, trying it again without as much patience.

Just pointing out something obvious:

Why are we forced to have AR starts and Radar in the competitive playlist? (Team Arena) So it is the same as the vanilla/casual settings and easier to switch from one to another and adapt is what we told right?

- But then we have Arena Breakout in it which doesnt even get played at tourneys.

- We have regular Breakout in tourneys which uses different shields, NO radar and has its own maps that are just played in reg. Breakout.

- On top of that, reg. Breakout even has a different starting weapon. (SMG instead or the AR)

- Breakout can have the SMG, BTB/SWAT can have the BR and in Warzone you can choose whatever you want. So why are we forced to use the AR in our competitive playlist?

- It is ok for Breakout/SWAT to have no radar. It is ok for BTB and Warzone to have a bigger radar. But we are forced to use the small radar in Arena? Why? The pros have to adapt from radar to no radar, back to radar at the tourneys because of Breakout. Casuals, or everybody in general has to switch between no radar, small radar and big radar while going through playlists.

Also, why do we even have radar when there arent any social/casual playlist where casuals could come from?

- We are forced to use the same weapon layout from 4v4 in 2v2 and FFA even thoough it clearly doesnt work. For Strongholds they changed almost the whole weapon layout and its ok. So why isnt it for 2v2 and FFA?

TL;DR: Can we finally remove radar from our competitive playlist and maybe make it pistol only starts with less easier to use riffles on the map?

I would prefere something like this for the moment:

- Team Arena/Competitive: No radar, Pistol only, less riffles on the map (BR, SMG, SR, DMR), remove Breakout

- Breakout: No radar, Pistol only

- Team Doubles: No radar, Pistol/AR, fitting weapon layout

- Team Snipers: No radar, Sniper only

- Team SWAT: No radar, Pistol, DMR, BR

- Team Slayer: Classic 25m radar, Pistol/AR

- Team Social: Classic 25m radar, Pistol AR

- FFA: Classic 25m radar, Pistol/AR, fitting weapon layout

- BTB: Classic 25m radar, BR/AR

- Warzone: Classic 25m Radar, Pistol/AR (REQs)

And please let us have a 4 shot pistol, danke.

• Upvote (+1) 7

That looks like a horrible version of Derelict.

We were just running FFAs on some of the map remakes. Some of them were pretty good (Citadel H3) but others just didn't work in Halo 5's sandbox at all. Derelict was one of them.

We were just running FFAs on some of the map remakes. Some of them were pretty good (Citadel H3) but others just didn't work in Halo 5's sandbox at all. Derelict was one of them.

I would love for a Derelict remake where you could not clamber to top floor, and Camo at bottom mid.

bad stuff

I'd watch out, some people are pretty sensitive about the h5 weapons/maps lol.

I'd watch out, some people are pretty sensitive about the h5 weapons/maps lol.

I think nobody is sensitive, people usually agree with his points that the weapon balance needs tweaked. Not sure where you are pulling sensitive from.

GG's last night to the Beyond fam. You guys are really pushing the boundaries of competitive Warzone, pioneers I tell you.   :kappa:

Mantis KillTac on Spire was worth it though.  B)

GGs.

Want to be an asshat playing defense in Warzone Assault on Summit? Just continuously have your team spawn warthogs in the base nonstop. That was ridiculous. 

I think nobody is sensitive, people usually agree with his points that the weapon balance needs tweaked. Not sure where you are pulling sensitive from.

R/halo and waypoint. Not to shit on them but almost everyone universally praises H5's balance

R/halo and waypoint. Not to shit on them but almost everyone universally praises H5's balance

Pretty much everyone praises the weapon balance except for on here honestly.

Edit: Brad with the neg as always.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Speak of the devil, at least it's being discussed? Definitely looks like more are on the "it's balanced" side of the fence. 

96f50f17fdcbaa1dcabbd44c5308144f.png

Derelict with clamber? oh god.....nope.

So my commute to work was denied by icy roads and I've got a new gaming monitor. Anyone getting any groups going today?