CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm talking about new game type(s), not classic settings in existing game types.

Could we get a classic settings game type playlist in matchmaking?

No sprint, no clamber, no thruster, no ground pound, increased movement & acceleration speed, lower damage resistance, no radar, all h1 forge remakes, pistol starting weapon, and only pistols, rockets, snipers, and shotguns on map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People laugh at the accent since it makes me pronounce words improperly. "Drey-gon" over "Dragon", etc.

HAHA thats exactly the kind of way i was expecting you to talk.

One of these days at some random point in time you need to just put your mic in and start saying every word that makes your canadian become apparent. "Aboot", "dreygon" "pro-cess"

No sprint, no clamber, no thruster, no ground pound, increased movement & acceleration speed, lower damage resistance, no radar, all h1 forge remakes, pistol starting weapon, and only pistols, rockets, snipers, and shotguns on map.

Fixed Aiming

• Upvote (+1) 2

I imagine they'll do something like this when the CE magnum is added.

HAHA thats exactly the kind of way i was expecting you to talk.

One of these days at some random point in time you need to just put your mic in and start saying every word that makes your canadian become apparent. "Aboot", "dreygon" "pro-cess"

Eck. Bruh.

• Downvote (-1) 1

After being in a party with @@Moa for the past few days; I really wish I had his accent. It makes everything he says way better than it generally already is. XP GG tonight. Was fun Warzoning, past the few lag outs.

Be careful tho, you say something weird Once and he'll make sure you never forget.

"Top Middle with Gun"

Fuck you guys.

@@Moa @@Hard Way etc

• Upvote (+1) 2

Be careful tho, you say something weird Once and he'll make sure you never forget.

"Top Middle with Gun"

Fuck you guys.

@@Moa @@Hard Way etc

Your callout game is strong my friend

Eck. Bruh.

do you know how hilarious that would be

The aiming in this game is so fucked up 2 months in and I can't find anything that remotely feels good to me. Why is diagonal aiming 3x as fast as going side to side? Has it always been like this in Halo?

Your callout game is strong my friend

To be fair, I'm hispanic with a strong accent and I called out a dude with a Concussion rifle. Too hispanic for these people apparently.

Was a wonderful night tho hahahaha.

I imagine they'll do something like this when the CE magnum is added.

I would actually come back for that sustain plan. Would stay longer if the aiming was fixed too. 

To be fair, I'm hispanic with a strong accent and I called out a dude with gun. Too hispanic for these people apparently.

Was a wonderful night tho hahahaha.

FTFY

• Upvote (+1) 1

The aiming in this game is so fucked up 2 months in and I can't find anything that remotely feels good to me. Why is diagonal aiming 3x as fast as going side to side? Has it always been like this in Halo?

No it hasn't.

Hey guys, for those all wondering about the problems with the aiming, it's very easy to just test and compare yourself. On Halo 5 and CE just slowly move the stick from center to the edge and pay attention to how the aim speed changes. My observations were this; if you consider Halo CE's curve as a straight line, this is what Halo 5s feels like relative to it:

2ca64117f6.png

The speed at low-tilt is super slow, definitely slower then the other Halo's and is what I think contributes to the sluggishness. This is probably to counter the 'squirrellyness' that Ghost felt, that was never actually there   :ghost: That being said, its slowness makes it feel really unintuitive and if anything more clunky then anything ive ever played on.

The mid-tilt feels pretty normal, nothing very funky goin on there other then being a but slow, but closer to full tilt is where we a see a problem that many other were encountering. Around high-tilt, there's a sudden jump to high speed, which a lot of people mistook for aim acceleration. The default aim settings did have some aim acceleration, but not much at all, the jump in speed being very jerky and wonky for some people, and can really mess you up in close range fights.

Lastly, you'll notice that jump in speed from low-tilt to medium tilt being a very problematic area, where things go from sluggish to to normal.  That's the spot around the stick were a lot of people say their aims go spastic, myself included, during mid range fights when the enemy starts to move around.

This is about as detailed as I can go without getting any hard numbers, and is a good comparison to feel yourself. I really hope they do something about it, but they wont.

Just change your aim acceleration from 3 to 2 and everything will be sorted.....

Not srs.

Seriously though, I have an alt account I use for about 3-4 games when I first get on to warm up my aiming otherwise I get destroyed and drop rank. Diagonal movement feels like I'm holding a bloody fire hose flopping it around in the wind.

I had a guy one shot, top mid Fathom and he was coming out of his base and for the life of me couldn't hit that last shot. Ended up dying from a spartan charge which was like rubbing salt in the wound.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Somebody please help me understand this.  I was playing/streaming on my buddy's alt account that he placed in. I had my main logged in in the background running twitch, but I was playing on the alt.  Everything was running fine for like 6 games.  We go to search again, and I get a connection error, and it boots me to a que screen while it waits for my buddy to finish his game, and it replaced me with a random in his game.  

It was at this point that I could no longer search, or even load a custom on the alt.  I killed the app and reloaded it, but this time my gamertag was my main, despite my dashboard currently being signed in as the alt.  Help me understand how this happened, and how I can avoid it in the future.  I had a nice little stream going tonight, and this totally derailed it.

Edit: Now it won't even let me load twitch on my main.

So I gotta say. Why is there so little love for Breakout? I love the speed of it all and the map designs. 

MAN. More people gotta love Breakout. I gotta go make some Breakout Strongholds and maybe plan for some Breakout Assault. Breakout Grifball. Breakout King of the Hill. Breakout Warzone Assault, BREAKOUT THE FLAMETHROWER.

KDghuZD.png

Played customs on remakes of classic maps today and had a blast. Crazy how almost every map in the entire series has been recreated already. And i got them all lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sigh...I guess the new /r/halo montra is that people who want a classic playlist should go play MCC instead of 343 adding it to everyone's precious Halo 5.

So I gotta say. Why is there so little love for Breakout?

Because it took the awesome premise of a round based game type that succeeds in games like CS or COD and threw it upside down and made a mess of it. It makes me sick thinking about the amount of resources drained making that mode.

Entirely different damage/health system, entirely separate and isolated map/theme, no incentive for map movement (unless it's Gambol), different starting loadout, and a lot more.

I like Breakout (aside from the gimmicks), but its a shame that whoever was behind it didn't understand what makes round-based game types great, because now was a better time than ever to introduce one into Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1