CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Oh yes, off topic posts are kosher, until someone brings up MCC.

It's different when we have a thread with over 2000 fucking pages dedicated to the MCC. We can go off topic sometimes but as long as things go back to normal and things aren't TOO off-topic in a somewhat timely manner there's no issue.

It's different when we have a thread with over 2000 fucking pages dedicated to the MCC. We can go off topic sometimes but as long as things go back to normal and things aren't TOO off-topic in a somewhat timely manner there's no issue.

Also, "Halo 5 sucks, -page of MCC complaints-" is not discussion about Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's one post, with legitimate concerns addressed to 343 employee who frequently visits this thread. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch for. There are people who have huge off topic conversations in this thread every day. I'm not going to cry about it though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I find BTB games easy in Halo 5, I have no idea what you're talking about.  :ghost:

Good for you. I cant find any BTB games at all most of the time because my social rank is too high.

Good for you. I cant find any BTB games at all most of the time because my social rank is too high.

Forgot about that. Fortunately I don't have to worry about that because I was a Platinum scrub.

I would like to see that fixed as well.

And add in options for matchmaking. Things like:

• Prioritize Skill
  • Prioritize Search Time
  • Prioritize Mic Use (This is huge for me)
  • Prioritize Location

These would literally solve majority of our issues with matchmaking.

Forgot about that. Fortunately I don't have to worry about that because I was a Platinum scrub.

I would like to see that fixed as well.

And add in options for matchmaking. Things like:

• Prioritize Skill
  • Prioritize Search Time
  • Prioritize Mic Use (This is huge for me)
  • Prioritize Location

How would you make the mic thing work?

How about Team Arena forces you to go into game chat? Or some ranked playlist that REQUIRES you to be in it?

May not be popular but I think its a good idea for at least one playlist

They could possibly make it work like CoD, with Search and Destroy. Halo: Reach also had a search preference for team speak, if I'm not mistaken.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I were 343i/Microsoft, I would collect the relevant data to see who was using their mics more often in-game. Then I would use some algorithm to prioritize those players over no-mics and party chatters.

Halo 3/Reach already had that option available if I remember correctly, I imagine the technology is different nowadays but a similar system to that would be fine.

Somewhat unrelated: How would you guys feel if certain playlists didn't allow for party chat? That way you get that communicative team feeling much more often. Think Halo 3 before party chat.

EDIT: @ @ already beat me to those suggestions. This is why I'm a platinum scrub.

They could possibly make it work like CoD, with Search and Destroy. Halo: Reach also had a search preference for team speak, if I'm not mistaken.

Preferences barely worked, Anyone can say "I prefer quiet players" and then breathe onto their fuckin mic the whole game.

If you want people to talk you have to force it.

How about Team Arena forces you to go into game chat? Or some ranked playlist that REQUIRES you to be in it?

May not be popular but I think its a good idea for at least one playlist

Call of Duty did this and it just made people talk less. Heck, I straight up avoided those playlists because I just wanted to play Search & Destroy in peace.

They don't do this any more, do they?

Preferences barely worked, Anyone can say "I prefer quiet players" and then breathe onto their fuckin mic the whole game.

If you want people to talk you have to force it.

So, the S&D way is the best way. Did Halo ever have something like this in the past?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Call of Duty did this and it just made people talk less. Heck, I straight up avoided those playlists because I just wanted to play Search & Destroy in peace.

Difference is Halo has ranked playlists; and considering how sweaty these players are, I can see it being way more used than COD's
  • Upvote (+1) 1

mute_button2.jpg

Black Ops 3 has no Party Chat restrictions in the public playlists, not sure about Arena.

I think it's worth a shot. Similar to Holiday Doubles, they could just add-in a temporary switch to a random playlist (like Team Arena) to see if players enjoy or hate this change.

So why do y'all hate the Rig? Its actually not that bad and Strongholds works really well on it.

Gotta be completely honest, only reason I hate I seem to dislike it is because of the "UNSC Industrial" design. Makes me subconsciously not want to play on it.

Regret, while inferior to Truth, had an amazing aesthetic in the Beta, and actually made me like playing it more than Truth.

EDIT: Skybox is dope though. Would like to see a forge canvas like it.

• Upvote (+1) 1