CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The world will freeze once Beyond hears your voice on Xbox Live.

Let's hope you don't get an icy reception.

After dealing with cringetacular kids using Star Wars puns to hit on her, I can only imagine what basement dwellers would come out of hiding if that happened
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm convinced you're a dude. 

If so, he's been executing this social experiment with rock solid consistency.  Probably because, if it were the case, it'd be too funny to stop doing.

If so, he's been executing this social experiment with rock solid consistency.  Probably because, if it were the case, it'd be too funny to stop doing.

Someone tell killmachine to call Catfish the TV show. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's exactly what a dude would say.

Hey guys chris from halofollower here

Is the ice princess who we think he/she/it is

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know if anyone's watching the Genesis Melee tourney but we need hype and viewer counts like that for the HCS.

We need that community that can settle on what type of game they want to see broadcast
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know if anyone's watching the Genesis Melee tourney but we need hype and viewer counts like that for the HCS.

Max views for HCS is gonna be 10k
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We got 25k if i recall in season 2

Maybe around there for champs?

I'll say 25k-40k. Maybe up to 50-60k since there's big money. But nothing special afterwards.

I'll say 25k-40k. Maybe up to 50-60k since there's big money. But nothing special afterwards.

Yeah.

In their haste to prove they "knew eSports" 343 forgot you have to BUILD that audience up first

Didn't speak a single word, outside of text. Excuse my silence. :P

You mean the person who has girl in their gamertag and uses stereotypical girl words/pictures and trys to make it apparent shes a girl at every opportunity doesn't use a mic to prove she's a girl even though the Xbox One came with one? 10+ years of internet forums and gaming and this still doesn't surprise me.

I won't continue because you said it bothers you, but people will always be suspicious in scenarios like this.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You mean the person who has girl in their gamertag and uses stereotypical girl words/pictures and trys to make it apparent shes a girl at every opportunity doesn't use a mic to prove she's a girl even though the Xbox One came with one? 10+ years of internet forums and gaming and this still doesn't surprise me.

I won't continue because you said it bothers you, but people will always be suspicious in scenarios like this.

nothing odd about having 'girl' in a username.

We live in an odd world where if you dont have a direct way of revealing your gender, youre automatically a dude.

I'm inclined to agree, the skepticism is justified when there's that much restraint, though I wouldn't consider myself skeptical, I just understand that sentiment.

I would feel pretty confident in assuming a big reason she doesn't talk online is evident right here in this thread. Were Princess not in her username, gender would be a non-issue. Now, imagine the kind of gender based harassment she's likely to experience from people she doesn't interact with on a semi-regular basis. You could argue she for removal of "girl" or "princess" from her name, sure... but I bet this is easier to deal with than the harassment I imagine resulting from using her mic on XBL. Either way, she shouldn't have to sacrifice her identity to prevent harassment. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not coming in to white night. But if she says she/(maybe he) is a girls just accept it and move on. Gender in no way affects the topics of Halo 5 or how we should discuss Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 4