Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

TSWC is a troll moron. 

Okay I don't have the time to compile a list of Halo TrollsE8UyM2I.png

I doubt he is though because he's been chasing me all over reddit

Okay I don't have the time to compile a list of Halo TrollsE8UyM2I.png

I doubt he is though because he's been chasing me all over reddit

That's exactly why he's a troll moron. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because that's exactly what it is – niche. My response was actually directed more towards @@MultiLockOn, and less GoldPro because I know how talented of a Forger he is, and I wouldn't want to see his maps designed and solely focused on something that won't receive as much recognition.

All these edgy subsets of competitive settings have never done any good for anyone outside of the niche group. I think the top priority should be trying to get 343 to change the base game to be more competitive. Light Rifle Starts, Promod with modded Spartan sizes, AGL Brad forging lifts on Adrift, #BlockTheLifts... what did all of that amount to? It's just silly to me.

Do I think that Gold Pro settings will be inevitably more competitive than default Halo 5? Absolutely. But I think it is a terrible misallocation of our Community's influence to be putting time into niche settings that only small groups of people will play.

TL;DR: I support the niche settings but I don't think we should be trying to have some revolution again, because it will never succeed.

SMH this whole predicament reminds me of this song.

Lets just allow for @@MultiLockOn to decide for himself the types of maps that he wants to make. Also you're fooling yourself if you think that we can convince 343 to do something even remotely meaningful with the team arena(HCS) settings. It's almost been three months since Halo 5 came out and we can't even convince them to remove motion track/radar and breakout from the team arena(HCS) settings. 

You think that it's a waste of time for talented individuals to be investing their energy into making more ideal competitive settings and forge maps for our niche competitive community? Well I think that it's a waste of energy trying to convince 343 to make the base game of Halo 5 more competitive when we know deep down inside ourselves that it's fruitless. We have the ability to make more ideal maps and settings for competitive play without having to rely on 343, lets not take this for granted and end up squandering this opportunity. Who cares if the Gold Pro settings don't appeal to the masses and only satisfies our niche community's competitive fix.

Also I don't think that many Halo 5 forgers are going to get the recognition that they deserve for their body of work due to the fact that the bare-bones file sharing system naturally limits their reach. We desperately need a proper file sharing system similar to what Halo Reach has and a custom game browser. 
  • Upvote (+1) 2

9e583250a66a1dd68740998d1278491b.png

I've been searching by myself to make sure I wouldn't win too much. Lo and behold, I managed to get to a point where I can't find games and my search times out/resets.

Matchmaking parameters are stupid. Social is stupid. Just show me the rank so at least I feel like I achieved something after becoming unable to find games.

This shit is a prime example of sweeping the problems under the rug. I don't get what's up with 343 telling us "we're working on social!" and it turns out to be a big lie and just an UI change and an API toggle. This playlist is no different from the other ranked ones. People just get tricked by the 10 placement matches giving a false impression of "random" skill matchmaking, and then most high level players lose interest before the ranks kick in.

So sick of not being able to do what I want to do on this game.

I cant remember the last time I jumped onto Halo social and just enjoyed myself care free and stress free

Well.. just lost in the first round of the Beyond tourney without playing a match. Opponent reported a no show too early and I couldn't report a ticket to challenge his dispute because there was no option. We messaged each other agreeing to replay it since he realized he reported it too early. Since you can't send in a ticket after a match has been disputed I messaged Beyond staff on Twitter explaining the situation, one of them said "We can't reverse the decision once it's been pushed".....

and that is my story... rip dreams... too bad I'm not a pro or they probably would've helped me... or it's something stupid with their site that literally doesn't allow them to change it... or they are lazy... and even if it's something with the site they should change/fix that...... oh well...

I'm salty  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

So sick of not being able to do what I want to do on this game.

LOL, yeah Halo went from the game that had so many options, a place for everyone to be, to your typical limited AAA fps game with a few options and tweaks.

100% they designed the game to played a certain way and now it's struggling to offer the flexibility previous Halo games have had.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yo are the servers down again???

I did get a Warzone match, but at the same time I've been disconnected and unable to find a match before and after that several times.

There's definitely something going on.

"So sick of not being able to do what I want to do in this game."  I'm so sick of not being able to play it in the first place.  Not even the MCC has these issues.

Edit:  Just got put into a match, but took awhile.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I cant remember the last time I jumped onto Halo social and just enjoyed myself care free and stress free

I've been trying, but it turns out that if I have the slightest eye-hand coordination, I end up carrying my team and we win, then I get punished for it. It looks like I'm supposed to run bottom mid all game, let people kill me and derank to keep getting matches.

There's like an awful "everyone wins except the actual winners" mentality going on in 343's game design and it's driving me insane.

What am I even supposed to do if I can't even play social alone? Warzone? I have to admit I get tired of dropping 60 bombs over the course of 15 to 20 mins just to end up losing. I don't want to commit this much time to a single loss when I know it's over about 5 minutes in. Then there's the whole "use this very limited and cool weapon! Oh sorry we spawned you in front of a tank or in a sniper's sightline, better luck next time!" frustrating BS going on all the time. You consider going back for the weapon you just lost, then realize that shit despawns before you even respawn.

Everything is like... so backwards.

• Upvote (+1) 4

While his points don't make sense, neither do the '343 is holding back content' statements

I agree, however at least those '343 is holding back content' conspiracy comments on reddit get downvoted to hell.

The opposite, however, are praised.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/418gwc/people_complain_about_missing_gametypes_only/

Holy fucking redundant damage control. This is ReadyUpLive level cringe.

I wonder if he's the guy who constantly tweets about Halo 5 only having four gametypes on the Grifball Hub Twitter.

Like after every community update it is constantly "HALO 5 ONLY HAS FOUR GAMETYPES, THREE MONTHS IN."

At least their community has the satisfaction of knowing that Grifball is on the way. We have no idea what we're getting, if ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been trying, but it turns out that if I have the slightest eye-hand coordination, I end up carrying my team and we win, then I get punished for it. It looks like I'm supposed to run bottom mid all game, let people kill me and derank to keep getting matches.

There's like an awful "everyone wins except the actual winners" mentality going on in 343's game design and it's driving me insane.

What am I even supposed to do if I can't even play social alone? Warzone? I have to admit I get tired of dropping 60 bombs over the course of 15 to 20 mins just to end up losing. I don't want to commit this much time to a single loss when I know it's over about 5 minutes in. Then there's the whole "use this very limited and cool weapon! Oh sorry we spawned you in front of a tank or in a sniper's sightline, better luck next time!" frustrating BS going on all the time. You consider going back for the weapon you just lost, then realize that shit despawns before you even respawn.

Everything is like... so backwards.

Warzone is just...eugh.  I play it for the req points, and I use the term "play" loosely because I'm just half-assing it while browsing Beyond at the same time (yet still somehow managing to be in the top 33% of my team).  Fails to keep my interest and nothing you do really matters.

I've considered just being one of those afk whores with their left thumbstick taped forward.

While his points don't make sense, neither do the '343 is holding back content' statements

You think there is a coincidence that Halo launched without all this content and 343 is doing a "free monthly dlc" thing?

Despite the 3 year development time, things like forge, social, and standard gametypes are just barely getting finished by the deadline after 3 years of work and are being added ASAP, which happens to be in perfect month long intervals?

Come on man. There are 2 objective gametypes for 4vs4 arena.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is were I got into an argument, and this just came in.

8713c66c57cc627c10984eb68e4e6715.png

Am i insane?

Yeah Halo 5 has low aim assist (I don't think it tops Halo 1 for lowest) but it doesn't matter since guns have bullet magnetism on par with – if not higher than – Halo 2 with insane lag compensation under a near perfect netcode and on dedicated servers.

• Upvote (+1) 5