CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Speaking of WZ, whenever I get to a certain win percentage I lose and have never gotten past it. It's happened at least 15-20 times and it's very weird. I don't know if there are hidden ranks or maybe I'm cursed, but I'm baffled by it. For example, my latest game of a regular WZ game at that spot, only 1 teammate went positive and over half didn't get past single digit kills and we lost of course.

It's either that, or we're waiting months between new map drops. 

The game would be in much worse shape, content wise, if they were trying to make brand new maps. 

I have no doubt actual new maps are on the way, but remixes are fine for now.

How much time/resources do you think it would take to make a remix compared to a new map? I wouldn't mind trading 2-3 remixes for a new map

Aren't these maps already made? Why would it take months when they could have focused on 5 new free maps instead of 15 free DJ Khaled remixed maps?

What I learned tonight?

Don't play halo 5 drunk and don't be such a bitch.

Going from a 2ms monitor to 6ms is actually very noticeable.

How much time/resources do you think it would take to make a remix compared to a new map? I wouldn't mind trading 2-3 remixes for a new map

Aren't these maps already made? Why would it take months when they could have focused on 5 new free maps instead of 15 free DJ Khaled remixed maps?

Okay, Overgrowth sucked, let's get over it. But it looked and played ENTIRELY different from Plaza.

Are you seriously saying you'd like to cut 1/3 of the DLC maps and space them out over months at a time just to have 0% reused geometry?

And no, the maps are not already made.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I've been thinking about the DLC plan and figuring out what we'll get in each content update:

6 Warzone Maps (3 Assault, 3 Standard)

12 Arena Maps (6 Forged, 6 Standard (4 Remixed, 2 Originals)

+ Anything additional they can create (they did say 18"+")

• DLC 1 (Shadow & Light): BTB (Arena #1-4), REQs
  • DLC 2 (Cartog's Gift): Forge, Noctus (Warzone #1), Overgrowth (Arena #5), Entombed/Antifreeze (Arena #6-7)
  • DLC 3 (Infinity's Memery): Urban (Warzone #2), Riptide (Arena #8)

Assuming this pattern of 1 Arena/1 Warzone continues...

DLC's 4-8 (Feb thru. June) could each have 1 Warzone and 1 Arena map, let's say.

We'd get Warzone maps #3-6, and Arena maps #9-12, but that still leaves two maps for the final update.

From this I'm going to assume they will either throw in additional Forge maps (Breakout, if I had to guess) to fill the remaining hole in the final DLC, or they will spread the content out a bit more. For example, for the February update introduce Oddball and an Arena map, but exclude Warzone. Or vice versa, with Grifball and a Warzone map.

Seems like we can roughly expect one of each map a month though, and at least two of the Arena maps should hopefully be originals.

and before anyone goes 'wow 2 arena maps nice mem', I'd just like to remind you that you paid for Assembly and Ghost Town in Halo 3.

Okay, Overgrowth sucked, let's get over it. But it looked and played ENTIRELY different from Plaza.

Are you seriously saying you'd like to cut 1/3 of the DLC maps and space them out over months at a time just to have 0% reused geometry?

And no, the maps are not already made.

Chances of a new map being good > chances of a shit map remixed being good is what i'm thinking.

Either way we have pretty shit maps, I'm not convinced either way bro actually but I would choose 5 news maps if I had a choice just cause of the chances of 1 of them being good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What I learned tonight?

Don't play halo 5 drunk and don't be such a bitch.

Going from a 2ms monitor to 6ms is actually very noticeable.

rofl. you were so mad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i don't care that paid for maps like assembly or anchor 9, because in the end those maps were actually brand new and didn't look just like every other one, or play even remotely the same, most of these remixes for the most part play reminiscent to their counter parts, they share most of the same geometry but with a twist, just because these remixes are free doesn't mean it's fucking acceptable, it's lazy no matter if it's free or not.

It blows my mind that 343 can literally remake maps already in halo 5s map pool and get away with it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So for that Achilles armor set... 

"With the release of the Infinity’s Armory update, there will be two Spartan Company Mastery Commendations. The first is getting to level 3 in all of the Kill Commendations. This awards you with the Achilles Armor. The second Mastery Commendation is awarded for getting all Kill Commendations to level 5. This awards all members of the Company the Achilles Helmet. "

Looks like I'm going to have to do my part and start grinding Warzone. That's where the beyond company is slacking

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/commendations/spartan-companies/beyond%20entertainment

So for that Achilles armor set...

"With the release of the Infinity’s Armory update, there will be two Spartan Company Mastery Commendations. The first is getting to level 3 in all of the Kill Commendations. This awards you with the Achilles Armor. The second Mastery Commendation is awarded for getting all Kill Commendations to level 5. This awards all members of the Company the Achilles Helmet. "

Looks like I'm going to have to do my part and start grinding Warzone. That's where the beyond company is slacking

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/commendations/spartan-companies/beyond%20entertainment

To help out the squad, I'll be hunting marines :)

Remixes suck because the maps we have right now suck. If I was any high ranking 343 employee, the first thing I'd do is put a stop to the remixes. I don't care how much they play different or the same, most people don't like them.

With all the negative reactions about remixes, you'd think they would just say 'fuck it, the players don't like them, no more".

Are they really pinching pennies this hard? I believe the saying goes "penny smart, dollar stupid".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remixes suck because the maps we have right now suck. If I was any high ranking 343 employee, the first thing I'd do is put a stop to the remixes. I don't care how much they play different or the same, most people don't like them.

With all the negative reactions about remixes, you'd think they would just say 'fuck it, the players don't like them, no more".

Are they really pinching pennies this hard? I believe the saying goes "penny smart, dollar stupid".

If they want to keep doing remixes, fine as long as they're forge maps, that way they don't waste resources on making a map that is mostly the same but kind of different, over giving us all new maps.

If they want to keep doing remixes, fine as long as they're forge maps, that way they don't waste resources on making a map that is mostly the same but kind of different, over giving us all new maps.

They aren't forged maps and they are exactly what you just described. Whether they are good or bad, I'd just put a stop to them altogether based on people's reaction to them.

They aren't forged maps and they are exactly what you just described. Whether they are good or bad, I'd just put a stop to them altogether based on people's reaction to them.

I'm saying that if 343 wants to continue doing it, itd be better if they were forge maps, obviously they're not forge maps now, I'd personally love remixes to just go, but if they were strictly forged I wouldn't really give a shit.

Edit: seriously why the fuck am I getting pop ups for an iPhone 7 on this sight constantly while on mobile?

Rocket party is literally the biggest waste of time I've ever experienced in Halo

I have finally been able to enjoy arena...somewhat.

The trick is to accept the inevitability that I am going to lose nearly every game and never rank up because of the horrible matchmaking paring system that 343 has created.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have finally been able to enjoy arena...somewhat.

The trick is to accept the inevitability that I am going to lose nearly every game and never rank up because of the horrible matchmaking paring system that 343 has created.

You are half way to Diamond 6 with a 54% Win Percentage. That literally sounds like a perfect matching system to me.

Don't come to the forums when you are raging after a match, its a common trend. A perfect system will give you a 50% Win Percent

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1