CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

the reason it worked in ce was because on xbox it was a lan based multiplayer, halo 3 runs into problems every now and again because it's online, and the net code is just poorly made, the spread really isn't the problem, the netcode being unreliable is a far more pressing issue.

Meh, spread was part of the issue. I showed a video here a while back of me shooting a still target within RRR. One bullet somehow missed, due to spread, despite being within that range.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know it did, and I was leading my shots, just fine in the situation I'd laid out, which is why I have an issue with it in the first place. CE had the same thing; projectiles, and it worked wonders, whereas H3 soiled it.

Mcc ce doesn't use projectile just in case you're basing it off that.

I have no doubt that network connections improve the condition of H3, but the flat fact is that other Halos did not have this problem at any noticeable capacity.

I see your point now. Agreed.

Meh, spread was part of the issue. I showed a video here a while back of me shooting a still target within RRR. One bullet somehow missed, due to spread, despite being within that range.

the extent of the spread was part of the issue, it just wasn't the worst part. To bring back up the comparison between 3 and 5, they both have similar issues but with different causes, players potentially being rewarded kills they shouldn't have/ players not getting the kills they deserve.

Nah, Naded and the Sudds arguing over that random ass comment on the former's son was. XP

Nah. I meant douchey in how it was edited, like

"I'm here to show you Halo 3 pro tips " *echo* PRO TIPS* along with the constant shaking of the camera and the annoying ass snap cuts, Michae J Fox is an actor not a director

"I'm here to show you Halo 3 pro tips " *echo* PRO TIPS* along with the constant shaking of the camera and the annoying ass snap cuts, Michae J Fox is an actor not a director

"Josh Butterballs from Stupid Obvious Information Magazine here to show you some exclusive Halo 3: Reach tips!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Josh Butterballs from Stupid Obvious Information Magazine here to show you some exclusive Halo 3: Reach tips!"

"Now watch as I pick up the Battle Gun here, one of the most important tips in Halo 3 is to aim for the head. One, two...oh I wasn't trying that time"

It was a video during the adrenaline-filled-mountain-dew-chugging-13-year-old-dominated age of online video gaming.

Those were dark times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you hated that video then you're definitely going to hate this one  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are busy every saturday?  :holmes:

Sadly. Something always comes up or I end up going out of town for the weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was a video during the adrenaline-filled-mountain-dew-chugging-13-year-old-dominated age of online video gaming.

Those were dark times.

I LOVE it, its a hilarious relic of the past when that shit was actually considered "cool"

Its like 80's PSAs: so out of the date but so hilarious

• Upvote (+1) 1

I LOVE it, its a hilarious relic of the past when that shit was actually considered "cool"

Its like 80's PSAs: so out of the date but so hilarious

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Now watch as I pick up the Battle Gun here, one of the most important tips in Halo 3 is to aim for the head. One, two...oh I wasn't trying that time"

You actually got it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like how it's completely acceptable to call 343 incompetent, clueless and liars 99% of the time and that no one would have given even the slightest fuck about my (granted, not the brightest, but still pretty harmless) comment if it weren't for the presence of a 343 employee.

That's because it isn't acceptable in the first place.

The Perfect Kill %'s according to the research I have been doing have all been around 5% roughly. Even with some pro's I checked, you don't see anything higher than 10%. 

I don't see this as a problem, some games people might land more Perfects than others. The only weapons that so far I feel violates the %'s I've been seeing are the DMR and the BR. Both have way too much magnetism at range.

Now, does that really imply that getting a perfect 5 shot is really difficult? It sounds to me like the pros are just unable to finish more than 10% of the fights they start without help...