CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Go play a game where 10% of your shots drop and tell me how that works out for you.

Its no worse than people hitting 40% more than they should.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thats the whole point of my argument.

If 10% of your shots are disappearing, then it's a pretty big problem.

The Battle Rifle fires 12 shots. 10% of that is 1.2, which rounds up to 2 shots.

That's an extra burst that you have to fire, not taking account the random spread and projectile leading.

If 10% of your shots are disappearing, then it's a pretty big problem.

The Battle Rifle fires 12 shots. 10% of that is 1.2, which rounds up to 2 shots.

That's an extra burst that you have to fire, not taking account the random spread and projectile leading.

Not nearly that many shots get dropped on LAN, I was just giving a number that was consistent. 85-90% is a consistent percentage.

Not nearly that many shots get dropped on LAN, I was just giving a number that was consistent. 85-90% is a consistent percentage.

It's unacceptable that bullets are getting dropped in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its no worse than people hitting 40% more than they should.

The contention was that H3's registration was perfectly acceptable on LAN.

It was not.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The contention was that H3's registration was perfectly acceptable on LAN.

It was not.

No if you payed attention, the contention was the H3 had a shooting skill gap that Halo 5 doesn't. And I still stand by that statement. Nowhere did I say it was perfectly anything. No Halo game has been perfect, not even your precious CE.

No if you payed attention, the contention was the H3 had a shooting skill gap that Halo 5 doesn't.

While we're at it, we might as well say Reach has a shooting skill gap because lol!bloom.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No if you payed attention, the contention was the H3 had a shooting skill gap that Halo 5 doesn't. And I still stand by that statement. Nowhere did I say it was perfectly anything. No Halo game has been perfect, not even your precious CE.

Halo 3 drops shots like no other Halo.

That is the topic of discussion here.

So your comparing an online game, to a game that was based on LAN, and upset because you don't get the same result.

I'm comparing an online game, to a game based on LAN, and a bunch of other titles based on online play. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No if you payed attention, the contention was the H3 had a shooting skill gap that Halo 5 doesn't. And I still stand by that statement. 

You're still wrong. I have no idea how you're measuring skill gap. If it's merely % of shots missed, then of course Halo 3 wins. Netcode + spread does that.

And yet it still has a shooting skill gap that Halo 5 doesn't.

And yet it still has a shooting skill gap that Halo 5 doesn't.

What in the world makes you think I'm interested in defending Halo 5?

• Upvote (+1) 3

What was so imperfect about CE? I honestly can't think of one thing.

Just curious, but have you LAN'd H3 at all in the recent year? Any time I've LAN'd it I haven't had any shots not register unless the modem we're using overheats because it's sitting in between four 360's.

However, when we moved to online and play matchmaking it was a completely different story. Shot's would not register some of the time depending on the host. Granted we were playing on wireless, but still.

Maybe everyone just has a bitter taste in their mouths from the actual H3 days back in 07-10 when a lot of people still didn't have good internet. I don't know about you guys, but I had some shit ass internet back then. It was only recently that I got better internet. The last year of H3 and the entirety of Reach I played on a 3 or 4down 1up connection.

What in the world makes you think I'm interested in defending Halo 5?

Thats the whole point of my rant is Halo 5s ridiculously easy aiming.

Halo 3 punishes players who have good aim. Just think about that for a minute.

Given how random it was that you'd 4 someone in H3, gonna disagree.

That game had projectiles instead of hitscan so you had to lead your shots. 

T2 explains it pretty well

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 5's easy aiming is much more preferable to Halo 3's shitty netcode.

Think about it for a moment.

With Halo 3, you're taking away something that someone earned. But when that happens is up to chance.

With Halo 5, you're giving someone something they didn't deserve. However, at least everyone gets this benefit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That game had projectiles instead of hitscan so you had to lead your shots. 

I know it did, and I was leading my shots, just fine in the situation I'd laid out, which is why I have an issue with it in the first place. CE had the same thing; projectiles, and it worked wonders, whereas H3 soiled it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just curious, but have you LAN'd H3 at all in the recent year? Any time I've LAN'd it I haven't had any shots not register unless the modem we're using overheats because it's sitting in between four 360's.

However, when we moved to online and play matchmaking it was a completely different story. Shot's would not register some of the time depending on the host. Granted we were playing on wireless, but still.

Maybe everyone just has a bitter taste in their mouths from the actual H3 days back in 07-10 when a lot of people still didn't have good internet. I don't know about you guys, but I had some shit ass internet back then. It was only recently that I got better internet. The last year of H3 and the entirety of Reach I played on a 3 or 4down 1up connection.

I have no doubt that network connections improve the condition of H3, but the flat fact is that other Halos did not have this problem at any noticeable capacity.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know it did, and I was leading my shots, just fine in the situation I'd laid out, which is why I have an issue with it in the first place. CE had the same thing; projectiles, and it worked wonders, whereas H3 soiled it.

the reason it worked in ce was because on xbox it was a lan based multiplayer, halo 3 runs into problems every now and again because it's online, and the net code is just poorly made, the spread really isn't the problem, the netcode being unreliable is a far more pressing issue.

What was so imperfect about CE? I honestly can't think of one thing.

CE isn't perfect doe. It didn't have online play like 2. Then it would be perfect.
  • Downvote (-1) 1