CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Given how random it was that you'd 4 someone in H3, gonna disagree.

It wasn't that random on a decent connection. I'm going to get neg bombed for this but I'd take H3 and all its flaws over anything but CE.
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It really wasn't that random at the range that you would be in for most 1 on 1 engagements. I'll agree that past like 30-40 meters is when spread starts to play a bigger role in shot's not connecting.

It was, though. Played some Halo 3 recently and was in a 1v1 with a person. Nearly died since one bullet in my final fourth burst didn't connect and I was maybe 10-15 feet away. Was leading my shots slightly and everything, but still nearly got slammed by random hit detection

It wasn't that random on a decent connection. 

Except, it was. I have a very good connection and I still get bullshitted in the game, due to the random spread that happens.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was, though. Played some Halo 3 recently and was in a 1v1 with a person. Nearly died since one bullet in my final fourth burst didn't connect and I was maybe 10-15 feet away. Was leading my shots slightly and everything, but still nearly got slammed by random hit detection

Except, it was. I have a very good connection and I still get bullshitted in the game, due to the random spread that happens.

Preach.

I really want to know what the hell was going on at Bungie HQ during Halo 3's development. So many poor design decisions, on top of the fact that the game FELT horrible to play.

I can derive some kind of enjoyment from every other Halo game, including Reach/4 (4 less so...), but I can't stand playing Halo 3. What's the point of a shooter in which your bullets don't go where you aim? That's not even touching on the map design or sandbox.

That game triggers me like nothing else.

May be an error on your part? Idk, I've always had a different outcome than you have unless I'm playing foreigners. In H3, as ******** as this sounds, in order to get consistent headshot's you want to aim for the neck/upper chest. If you aim for the head then the spread is going to fuck you over big time.

Halo 3's problem isn't the spread, it's the netcode itself. It drops bullets when it feels like it.

Yeah, on LAN the game plays beautifully aside from the spread, which I will say it is still one of the main issues with the game. But it doesn't play in as that big of a factor as people play it up to be.

There's nothing like bloodshotting someone with the sniper in H3 when you're on a multi-kill.

Just because you have a good connection didn't mean the host did. H3 wasn't perfect but consistent on LAN. There was at least a shooting gap in that game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just because you have a good connection didn't mean the host did. H3 wasn't perfect but consistent on LAN. There was at least a shooting gap in that game.

Can we stop rewriting history plz

• Upvote (+1) 5

Preach.

I really want to know what the hell was going on at Bungie HQ during Halo 3's development. So many poor design decisions, on top of the fact that the game FELT horrible to play.

You make it sound like Bungie employees are able to hit a moving target with a BR without missing.

For them it made no difference, they were missing one way or another. BR spread, poor hit detection or poor accuracy. They just figured the random spread was in line with the rest of the useless sandbox.

May be an error on your part? In H3, as ******** as this sounds, in order to get consistent headshot's you want to aim for the neck/upper chest. If you aim for the head then the spread is going to fuck you over big time.

It wasn't an error on my part at all. Was the game entirely. And yes, that sounds really BS'ish. I should have to aim for the chest to consistently get head shots or else I get fucked over by spread? I shouldn't have to do that with a precision weapon, let alone a utility weapon. In CE, 2, Reach, 4 and 5 I can aim for the head, or the body, with a precision weapon, without generally getting screwed over by spread/bloom, assuming I don't spam my trigger. Halo 3 just feels broken in that regard.

Not really. There'd be a shooting skillgap if everything was consistent, and bullets weren't randomly dropped, or missed. CE had a shooting skillgap. Halo 3 had frustration.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You make it sound like Bungie employees are able to hit a moving target with a BR without missing.

For them it made no difference, they were missing one way or another. BR spread, poor hit detection or poor accuracy. They just figured the random spread was in line with the rest of the useless sandbox.

I love your sig btw. We should make it forum policy to have you post at least once in every page of this thread so the lurkers over @ 343 are constantly reminded about the sniper's absurd bullet magnetism.

It wasn't an error on my part at all. Was the game entirely. And yes, that sounds really BS'ish. I should have to aim for the chest to consistently get head shots or else I get fucked over by spread? I shouldn't have to do that with a precision weapon, let alone a utility weapon. In CE, 2, Reach, 4 and 5 I can aim for the head, or the body, with a precision weapon, without generally getting screwed over by spread/bloom, assuming I don't spam my trigger. Halo 3 just feels broken in that regard.

Not really. There'd be a shooting skillgap if everything was consistent, and bullets weren't randomly dropped, or missed. CE had a shooting skillgap. Halo 3 had frustration.

Well TECHNICALLY you aim above the head in CE

Well TECHNICALLY you aim above the head in CE

But you're not forced to. I don't aim above the head constantly in CE. I aim for the body and snap my reticle up to the head for the final shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 shotting in 3 is much more common in the mlg settings, other than that you have to be close range to be able to consistently do it.

Can we stop rewriting history plz

Do you even know what consistent means? Because I'm pretty sure if 85-90% of the shots that should connect do connect then that is consistent.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do you even know what consistent means? Because I'm pretty sure if 85-90% of the shots that should connect do connect then that is consistent.

In Halo 5, 100% of the shots connect, even the ones that don't.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

So your comparing an online game, to a game that was based on LAN, and upset because you don't get the same result.

Go play a game where 10% of your shots drop and tell me how that works out for you.

• Upvote (+1) 4