CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

We're still talking about this?

Most interesting thing that happened in this thread for like a month ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not like we have much to look forward to.

Speak for yourself I'm waiting for dem dank req packs bro.

@@Sal1ent you said 11% of people not wanting sprint is significant enough to warrant making it an option/toggle to remove it in Halo 5.

If 11% is significant enough could we please have a classic playlist for all the players who can't find people in Halo 3/Reach on 360, who don't want to play MCC cause it's broken, who don't want to play Reach backwards compatibility cause it's broken, who don't want to play team arena cause of autos/radar/breakout especially since you include gametypes like Arena Breakout/overgrowth which won't even be on the circuit?

Like what are the 11% of people who aren't playing for $2M+ supposed to play if everything's broken or offline?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Speak for yourself I'm waiting for dem dank req packs bro.

I'd just like to go on record saying that not one, NOT ONE, of the helmets I've seen in the REQ packs I've opened would I ever consider wearing for even a second.

As for the armor, I can hardly even differentiate.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd just like to go on record saying that not one, NOT ONE, of the helmets I've seen in the REQ packs I've opened would I ever consider wearing for even a second.

As for the armor, I can hardly even differentiate.

it's mostly bad, the only set I like is noble, but even that armor isn't as good as the reach interpretation.

Halo 5 was apparently the best selling exclusive of 2015 and the 15th best selling game overall in the UK. Physical copies at least.

Not bad for the lesser selling console.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone who's been around the community for a while should be totally unsurprised by how Frankie acted yesterday.

He did it all the time back in the MLG days but I could never call him out on his bullshit because I was a moderator back then.

The thing is historically the guy has always said one thing and shot all the complainers down with his little quips while Bungie and/or 343 are silently doing exactly what the complainers want for the next iteration of the game. Best example I could give you is how Frankie openly mocked people who bitched about the noob combo in Halo 2, even eventually going as far as adding a "Noob Training" gametype to action sack.

Honestly both sides are guilty here. The way the community puts forth negative feedback is not good and the way Frankie responds to negative feedback is not good either, but he has been acting like this forever and has developed a cult of personality around it so he'll never change. No one wins.

Personally if I was Frankie I'd just point the same thing I've personally been pointing out - the game gives you all the tools you need to address it's alleged problems in customs and no one is using it, provide some footage of what you think is a better gametype and I'll at least pretend to take it into consideration.

Oh, you can fix aiming and tweak bullet magnetism and damage on weapons now?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I personally recommend everyone to read this:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/to-the-people-defending-halo-5-s-monthly-updates/9ece9d57-4921-4a3d-b105-8722fae59e7c/posts

Its nothing really new but the guy summed up well why I am disappointed with Halo 5. Looks like Waypoint seems to agree as well. (exept for the few "if you dont like it play CoD or MCC whiteknights)

WARNING its pure negativity and truth, so if you cant handle that...

first reply: "lol i'm not reading that wall"

it's only a couple 5-6 sentence paragraphs... people are the worst....

thanks for sharing

it's mostly bad, the only set I like is noble, but even that armor isn't as good as the reach interpretation.

It's Reaches euro-western realism vs 343's far-east fantasy. Reaches was more functionally accurate and considered, 343's is more congested, overzelous and fabricated.

It's Reaches euro-western realism vs 343's far-east fantasy. Reaches was more functionally accurate and considered, 343's is more congested, overzelous and fabricated.

reach just fits with the rest of halo, 343 halo is so far removed its fucking annoying.

I personally recommend everyone to read this:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/to-the-people-defending-halo-5-s-monthly-updates/9ece9d57-4921-4a3d-b105-8722fae59e7c/posts

Its nothing really new but the guy summed up well why I am disappointed with Halo 5. Looks like Waypoint seems to agree as well. (exept for the few "if you dont like it play CoD or MCC whiteknights)

WARNING its pure negativity and truth, so if you cant handle that...

Great post, a solid summary of what we have & havent gotten from this game. I try to bring it up when I can, but some people still seem to struggle to realise how substantial the lock of content in this game is. Downright pathetic at launch, and even now severely lacking compared to past Halo games.

0dc3cba8f8.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's Reaches euro-western realism vs 343's far-east fantasy.

I'd say there're many armor sets that 343i's designed that fit the idea of "western realism" or just realism in general. Things like Air Assault, Recruit, Soldier, Enforcer, MK IV-VI. Centurion, Helljumper, Nightfall, etc. I get some are stylized, and personally, I like it for the visual diversity, but not "all" of 343i's designs are exactly far east.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Great post, a solid summary of what we have & havent gotten from this game. I try to bring it up when I can, but some people still seem to struggle to realise how substantial the lock of content in this game is. Downright pathetic at launch, and even now severely lacking compared to past Halo games.

0dc3cba8f8.png

So what your saying is. If it had content. It would be a great game?

I'd say there're many armor sets that 343i's designed that fit the idea of "western realism" or just realism in general. Things like Air Assault, Recruit, Soldier, Enforcer, MK IV-VI. Centurion, Helljumper, Nightfall, etc. I get some are stylized, and personally, I like it for the visual diversity, but not "all" of 343i's designs are exactly far east.

And then you get shit like Seeker and Tracer or Goblin. Art style SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

The beta gave me a masaive headache. That was awful. Full game is better but still, shit looks ugly.

And then you get shit like Seeker and Tracer or Goblin. Art style SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

The beta gave me a masaive headache. That was awful. Full game is better but still, shit looks ugly.

Still loved the beta more than the final game to a point, due to the UI and color selection.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5's art is terribly charmless IMO, but the beta UI was delicious.

It really was. We had a nice cool blue hue, over bland white and black, a verrrrry nice sidebar with your friends on it, ala MCC, or Reach and the UI for armor wasn't horribly clunky. Simply evolving this design into a more streamlined experience would've been perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 1