CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If I wanted strict moderation where you aren't allowed to speak your mind just because it might be offensive I'd just stick to Waypoint and never come here.

Not sure why you guys even want the dev's around at this point.  All of Frankie's posts today were total non-answers.  Paragraphs of text that ultimately say nothing that no one else could've told you easily.  Definitely not worth sacrificing free speech over.

It's like "OMG, don't offend the guys who ruined Halo!".

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

If I wanted strict moderation where you aren't allowed to speak your mind just because it might be offensive I'd just stick to Waypoint and never come here.

Not sure why you guys even want the dev's around at this point.  All of Frankie's posts today were total non-answers.  Paragraphs of text that ultimately say nothing that no one else could've told you easily.  Definitely not worth sacrificing free speech over.

My original point was that strict moderation will put to the test the claim that "the devs don't talk to us because we're abrasive."

If we had the best moderation ever, would they really talk to us that much more? I mean, this forum being more inviting to devs doesn't hurt of course, but I feel ultimately they'll hop in and out of here whenever they feel like it - nothing wrong with that of course.

So yeah, I'm 100% for stricter moderation. I'd like to see if it makes a difference, and I'm willing to bet it won't do much. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Take up the challenge @@Moa.

I am impressed to see the amount of shit posting at the minimum when Frankie came by. Sadly I was asleep, so I basically missed this and the whole team whirlwind.

Also to the asshole comments, I can sometimes seem like I am pretentious brat, but I do it because:

1. I want Halo to grow into a big thing.

2. I hate shitposters more than Hitler.

3. Dank memes.

I would hope to see Frankie again when he is on another lunch break.

Also, seriously guys @@CyReN @@Saucey I know clicks give you the money needed to support the site, but step up moderation. I know you are hiring new staff, so that's a start. Just don't hire another @@Infinity     :kappa:

That is all I have to say really. (inb4 but if you look at your post history you were the ultimate shitposter.jpeg)

But Batchford, if you look at your post history you are the ultimate shitposter! (miniKappa)

blavJQv.jpg

:walshy:

The only thing I prefere at Waypoint is that you still can read the banned posts because they only put them into a spoiler. I love the drama.

All the six figure salaries they make and the hundreds of millions of dollars we made Microsoft and they only reply to us once a month on lunchbreak while I'm sitting here on teambeyond at work posting and hoping I don't get caught.

Feelsbadman.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

All the six figure salaries they make and the hundreds of millions of dollars we made Microsoft and they only reply to us once a month on lunchbreak while I'm sitting here on teambeyond at work posting and hoping I don't get caught.

Feelsbadman.

Let's not pretend they are obligated in anyway to post on this forum. I want discussion as much as the next beyonder, but let's be realistic about it.

I know clicks give you the money needed to support the site, but step up moderation. I know you are hiring new staff, so that's a start. Just don't hire another @@Infinity     

Yeah, we should step up moderation.

It seems so convenient that more than three problem-causers randomly stopped posting though...

Frankie used the first negative post to jump ship before he had to answer any serious questions. It was only one guy and it was one post. If that is all it takes to prevent you from communicating with a community that has stood with this series through some of the worst times in halo history, not to mention the long history of weak communication with a developer then i have nothing to say but wow. The man posts on neogaf of all places and one negative post supposedly chased him away? yea ok..continue falling for the fuckery, beyond. 

maybe if he's bored on lunch he'll bless you guys with his presence again...maybe. I've never seen "I was on lunch" when he makes all those posts on neogaf though...maybe they are more worthy than we are...ha

Neogaf is full of buttkissers and people get banned for the most ridiculous things on there. It's no surprise devs for games tend to go there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So yeah, if you quit the build in the pre game lobby it doesn't count as a loss or a quit so you don't get banned.

I'll never play arena breakout or overgrowth again. Thank you god.

This got me banned a few weeks ago, so that's not true.

@@Duji - im not a mod any more my dude.

The sniper in this game is such bullshit. One of the things that pissed me off more than anything. Using it isn't a challenge and getting killed by it is 99% never your fault.

Watched some of the pro players play Halo 3 dubs the other day and not a single one of them came close to hitting a sniper headshot.

I'm not sure if I missed it or not but did you ever say why you stepped down from your roles at TB? Or was it personal reason?

In what universe does switching to the grenade you just picked up automatically make sense?

I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen?

Anyone who's been around the community for a while should be totally unsurprised by how Frankie acted yesterday.

He did it all the time back in the MLG days but I could never call him out on his bullshit because I was a moderator back then.

The thing is historically the guy has always said one thing and shot all the complainers down with his little quips while Bungie and/or 343 are silently doing exactly what the complainers want for the next iteration of the game. Best example I could give you is how Frankie openly mocked people who bitched about the noob combo in Halo 2, even eventually going as far as adding a "Noob Training" gametype to action sack.

Honestly both sides are guilty here. The way the community puts forth negative feedback is not good and the way Frankie responds to negative feedback is not good either, but he has been acting like this forever and has developed a cult of personality around it so he'll never change. No one wins.

Personally if I was Frankie I'd just point the same thing I've personally been pointing out - the game gives you all the tools you need to address it's alleged problems in customs and no one is using it, provide some footage of what you think is a better gametype and I'll at least pretend to take it into consideration.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Personally if I was Frankie I'd just point the same thing I've personally been pointing out - the game gives you all the tools you need to address it's alleged problems in customs and no one is using it, provide some footage of what you think is a better gametype and I'll at least pretend to take it into consideration.

I still find it bizarre that people keep radar on in customs

I still find it bizarre that people keep radar on in customs

It's because people absolutely need to play whatever the ultimate tryhard competitive settings are no matter how dumb they might be

In H3 I spent most of my time playing forge maps and a lot of the games were 1v1 or 2v2 on 1v1 maps and a lot of people agreed that 2v2 using the 1v1 settings was way faster paced and awesome than any 4v4 gametype. In reach I played a ton of 120% speed sprint or evade games when the no bloom patch hit, because we thought the mlg settings were a bunch of campy bullshit and zipping around the map like sanic was what me and the forge kids idea of fun was. If you like the no sprint campy stalemate bullshit so much, then what's stopping you from playing it?

The fact that no one is playing or talking about customs at ALL is the main reason I haven't run out and bought an xbone yet. Maybe if it were $300 for the bundle I'd think about it but at its current price point I'll just wait until Halo 6. In the meantime I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for HCS to start as I occassionally stop by just to remind you guys there are solutions to your problems and you have no ground to stand on until you at least try them

I am impressed to see the amount of shit posting at the minimum when Frankie came by. Sadly I was asleep, so I basically missed this and the whole team whirlwind.

Also to the asshole comments, I can sometimes seem like I am pretentious brat, but I do it because:

1. I want Halo to grow into a big thing.

2. I hate shitposters more than Hitler.

3. Dank memes.

I would hope to see Frankie again when he is on another lunch break.

Also, seriously guys @@CyReN @@Saucey I know clicks give you the money needed to support the site, but step up moderation. I know you are hiring new staff, so that's a start. Just don't hire another @@Infinity     :kappa:

That is all I have to say really. (inb4 but if you look at your post history you were the ultimate shitposter.jpeg)

but if you look at your post history you were the ultimate shitposter.jpeg

Sorry I thought you were, lol.

In the meantime I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for HCS to start as I occassionally stop by just to remind you guys there are solutions to your problems and you have no ground to stand on until you at least try them

That and making snarky jabs at @Cursed Lemon :P