CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So, went on Reach to play "something" since Halo 5 won't work. While the update fixed the slowdown issues, holy Christ did the 30FPS burn my eyes. 

Still pretty big frame rate slowdown issues post update on the Xbox One. I had to go back to the 360 version.

ive given up on xbone reach, I'm perfectly fine with playing it on my 360.

Was still choppy as balls on the 360. Went back to it after a long time of playing the MCC and H5, and couldn't stand it. Dunno why I thought I could here.

Was still choppy as balls on the 360. Went back to it after a long time of playing the MCC and H5, and couldn't stand it. Dunno why I thought I could here.

Choppy because the frames would meld together whenever you moved. Game was solid 30 on the 360

Choppy because the frames would meld together whenever you moved. Game was solid 30 on the 360

yeah, I've seen a constant 20 something fps, that was good on my old PC, reach for me was never that bad unless I overloaded a forge map with like a billion killballs in one area.

Not sure where to post this but I think devs look here more so I'll post it here, mods can delete it though if it's a problem. Spoiler added for people who don't like wall of texts

@@Frankie 

@@Sal1ent

I was discussing this with some people about how you guys are managing the competitive scene for halo. Before I start this though, I do thank you guys for making things like the qualifiers possible, it means I can compete from my house and as someone who doesn't have a lot of money, it works well with my situation which is great. This is my first Halo where I'm actively competing and the game is fun (with the exception of a few things I find flawed with the game/gametypes) to compete for overall. Not to mention compared to h4 and H2a, this game has a lot more competition than either of those games by a good margin I would say.

Basically, the one positive Halo has (not necessarily saying it does it any better than other games, I only follow Fighting Games and some Halo on the side so idk anything) is in-person attendance for events. Regionals arena is the size of a CVS store so attendance will be really small, X Games people get a 2 week notice and IIRC Worlds we don't even know where it is. I'm not one to really rant on you guys about your mistakes on the game but they seem...odd. There isn't any open LAN events, only invitational events. We don't have much viewers and 343i keeps promoting events that are invitational (besides the ladder). We have no open LAN events and we have no crowd hype for any events. I'm not saying take the quals away, they're good but we really need some open LAN events because there is no sense of community these days. Daytona had about 48 teams with almost no promotion yet maxed out players, I'm 100% sure we could have a lot more players for open LAN events that were more promoted and way more hype for the events. Anyone remember MLG Cbus 2012? That shit was hype as hell, we were louder than Starcraft 2 when they had 3x the attendees. 

Halo is in the same playground essentially as the FGC, where viewers aren't as big as the big esports but their in-person competitor attendance is pretty high relatively (at least back in the day). Obviously we're not going to hit Reach cbus or h3 numbers right off the bat or maybe ever, but we shouldn't really be promoting this big esports ideology you keep doing when we 1) do not have the viewers and 2) have a relatively weak esport game to begin with. You cant be doing all these things CoD or LoL does right off the bat when the competitive scene is much weaker currently. You need to start from simple areas and build up from there. Hit the hot spots Halo has and build a community again

Basically as someone who competes these are the flaws I see right now with the direction you are going with HWC:

1) No notices on what's happening. Not sure if we have a location yet for Worlds so not a lot of people can reserve some plane tickets early. We didn't even know X Games were happening until now

2) Almost no sense of community. Anyone who has went to an MLG event or any sort of competitor oriented event where the large margin of attendees are competitors themselves can tell you how awesome it is to have a community who has the same interests as you. Heck even for these invitational events we cant even attend to watch

3) Anyone who is not a pro has nothing of interest to do after Worlds. we mentioned in an off hand tweet (this should not be the way to announce things. Transparency is a big thing in working with the competitive scene) that there is some pro league. That's cool, but what does the average team do? What's the point of improving my game? There isn't any tournaments coming up, maybe some random online event but there isn't any tournament coming up in a few months that makes me want to go "OK it's time to practice for 2 months and show everyone up at this tournament". Literally nothing for AMs to do, I have no incentive to level up my game. I assure you a lot of actual competitors don't care that much for their MM rank besides ranking up to where they can get some OK practice. Everyone knows MM habits are a thing anyways so they're not the best helper. 

Competitive gaming is getting a bit bigger but you need to work on average players wanting to actually compete, you have some decent ideas (I think quals overall is good but could maybe use some better execution maybe) but there's a lot of things that are just for top 16 or top 8 teams and that's it.

TL;DR- Average joe has nothing to do and no sense of a community

Not entirely sure why I posted this but I already wrote too much so here you go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, went on Reach to play "something" since Halo 5 won't work. While the update fixed the slowdown issues, holy Christ did the 30FPS burn my eyes. 

I did the same. Reach was more of a slideshow than sitting in the halo 5 menus

Man I missed all this drama. 

So much disrespect to Frankie and the rest of the 343 crew. It's no wonder why they never post here. 

If we could only implement some of these ideas into the forum, surely they would stick around this time!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I did the same. Reach was more of a slideshow than sitting in the halo 5 menus

Exactly. I don't get how we played on it 5+ years ago, because """""30"""""FPS is torture.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They should really try to fix the placement matches.

I'm tired of getting placed platinum after I go +20 and winning every game because I'm getting unlucky with who I get matched up against. You'd think that after going +23 against plat people they'd match me up against diamond people to see if I do well but nooo they just want me to keep playing platinum people.

I tried everything on like 15 dif new accounts to see what it would take to get diamond or onxy and I just couldn't get it. 

I tried doing ALL the obj in CTF and strongholds and go super positive

I tried to have really good accuracy avg around 75-80% 

I tried ending the games as fast as possible to see if that helped

I even tried to do average on my 1st placement game since I thought it might of seen I went +40 on my first game and since I did +30 on my next game it thought I did bad against them.

But no nothing helped at all. It seems it is all based on luck on who you get matched up against in platinum. You should not have to get lucky to get placed diamond+

Or, create a great Halo game.

A great Halo game has already been created, they're trying something new...

Exactly. I don't get how we played on it 5+ years ago, because """""30"""""FPS is torture.

Crazy how reach is 30 FPS and I can still aim in it better than in Halo 5.

In a sense it annoys me that I can't go back to 30 FPS Reach or H3 ... these games are ruined now for me lol.  H5 or MCC are the only realistic options

Reach is just fine on the 360. Hell, I'd rather play the choppy Xbox One version over Halo 5.

A great Halo game has already been created, they're trying something new...

Poor Halo games are nothing new either. We already have Halo 4 and MCC lol

In a sense it annoys me that I can't go back to 30 FPS Reach or H3 ... these games are ruined now for me lol. H5 or MCC are the only realistic options

Stuntman is doing insane things for halo pc. I can't wait to give it a go once I get a new pc.

Crazy how reach is 30 FPS and I can still aim in it better than in Halo 5.

Okay? Irrelevant to what I spoke on, entirely, but okay.

In a sense it annoys me that I can't go back to 30 FPS Reach or H3 ... these games are ruined now for me lol.  H5 or MCC are the only realistic options

Oh, I know that feel sometimes. Love Halo 4's DLC options, such as Prefect armor and the like, but I can't play the game due to the framerates.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay? Irrelevant to what I spoke on, entirely, but okay.

Oh, I know that feel sometimes. Love Halo 4's DLC options, such as Prefect armor and the like, but I can't play the game due to the framerates.

I wasnt trying to make a relevance, q7n7s7m.png

Just bringing up the bad H5 aiming topic