CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So I was just reading all of Frankie's stuff. Yeah, the insult wasn't what we needed. The subsequent overreaction and next 3-4+ pages being dedicated mostly to that comment was embarrassing and did a pretty nice job at drawing attention to it. Maybe next time there should be less panic and retaliatory shit talk, and more discussion.

Damned upvote quota.

Agreed. The best way to deal with offhand assholery is to forget it exists, especially when TB is desperate to see something solved and 343 is in the business of solving things. Time is money, and every discussion between a supplier and a consumer is a business arrangement, not a political statement, artistic outlet, expression of comradery or rivalry, emotionally fueled name calling session. Everyone will be better off if we treat 343 like costumer's asking about a product instead of frenemies' we really don't know how to handle.

They make something we buy. That is the extent of the discussion. Insults do nothing to advance anyone's agenda, the customer's included, and become literal wastes of space clogging up what could be successful discourse, and further recollection upon them just makes what should be a damn easy process awkward as hell.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I win the powerball, DEADASS I will buy out 343 and force them to make the best Halo game ever  :beyond:

As cool as that would be... I doubt Microsoft would sell their game studio for the amount of $ you'd actually get, and if they did, you definitely wouldn't have $ to develop a AAA title. That $1.5b it's currently at, is actually worth about $930m BEFORE taxes. And if you take it all in one payment, those taxes are MASSIVE. You probably walk away with around $5-600m, but you'd get annual, yearly rape on the taxes for that $ (according to a few of my American friends). You're definitely rich as fuck, but not buy Halo franchise rich. Most people just take their lottery winnings in annual payments over 30 years too. Less taxes, and if you die, it's still paid out to your estate & those who have claim on it, i.e, your family. That would be one extremely awesome person if they did manage to do it though. I'd High five them/you if i walked past them/you on the street.

#JustSaying 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Intriguing.

Damn new canvases is awesome. Hopefully something that looks like Sanghelios!

Structure pieces coming are awesome as well. Would be cool to see Forge pieces added to the repertoire of items that come each month. Monthly forge updates would be awesome.

Don't you think the collective over sensitivness of 343 is an issue?

Gives off the impression to me that at times they are looking for a reason to exit critical, difficult, but yet productive conversations about their product with invested consumers. Of course, this is just my own view, but it sucks that it comes off that way

I don't get it.

You know that the guys who talk to us will usually leave when you start being asses, and then you'll complain as soon as they don't talk. Yet when they finally come back to try the whole interaction thing again, you'll be asses again.

I'm not going to stick around if someone is accusing me of killing Halo, or saying I'm terrible at my job or whatever other insult is thrown around here when a developer posts, I'm likely just going to leave and maybe come back in a few months time to see if it has stopped.

If you want people to stick around, then it's simple. Just don't be an ass. No one is asking to to kiss ass or say Halo 5 is the best thing ever - just don't be an ass. 

Back in elementary school we had this one teacher who didn't let us go outside for recess until EVERY SINGLE kid was quiet. There was always one or two who just couldn't shut the fuck up and we would often lose a few minutes of recess because of these losers. Was the rest of the class mad at them? Absolutely! Did we think it was lame that few had the power to ruin it for the VAST majority? Yes, because it's bullshit.

Now of course Frankie doesn't owe us anything and can come and go as he pleases, but I think your post here is incredibly silly, especially considering how we were generally well behaved when Frankie showed up. save for one or two shit posts, which were unanimously and categorically dismissed as such.

This is a large forum and there are bound to be stupid posts, as with any large group of people. Your post would make sense if it were a sizable chunk of people who were acting like dicks, but alas I only saw a few. Your expectations are way, way too high for this forum, which is fine, but why not show it through stricter moderation? I'm 100% for shitposters receiving instant temporary bans. I think there are a few reasons why Frankie prefers NeoGAF over this forum, and I'm betting that stricter moderation is one of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Funny, 10 sites before Frankie came into the discussion, everybody flames 343 and no one cares shit about the flame.

As soon as Franky comes in and post something, everybody tries to be polite and respectful or what is it? One guy flamed 343 and everyone defend 343 and flame this one guy.

Where is the logic?

They deserve all the hate they get. Every single piece of it.

Didnt even bought the game cause i got enough of this 343 bullshit. And thx god i did not buy this game.

Before the game released everybody did a 180 degree and was hyped as fuck. As soon as it was out everyboy flames the game constantly.

No Maps, shit Maps, shit pistol, Aim is bullshit, Story is bullshit, no content and what so ever.

Now again a dev comes into the discussion, says nothing relevant and again talks about the one guy who flames only to find a excuse to leave the forum again cause Frankie likes to be either a dick or to run away.

I'd say he was saying some relevant stuff, but it scares me that we lose interaction and everyone else loses their shit because of a single comment. The reaction from both parties was more telling than the comment, honestly.

Acting like a solid community doesn't mean bashing and dedicating pages to drama. It means that, as a good community, we understand that no matter how much work we do on improving, you won't stop every negative comment, and we ignore the issue because we're secure enough to know that it was a pretty isolated incident. Hyping it up like some huge drama makes this entire place look "insecure" in a word, and is precisely what lesser-respected communities do on a regular basis.

I really don't think we have a chance at too much more meaningful communication after that. I mean, I'm pretty sure that was the first time we got dev info regarding weapons. I won't put blame onto any one party, but if everything was shut down that fast over a short insult that, to be honest, wasn't even charged or threatening, that's a sign of things to come. Or not come.

I can't even bring myself to care about this franchise anymore. Today really brought some issues regarding interaction between the dev and the community that I doubt will go away.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I win the powerball, DEADASS I will buy out 343 and force them to make the best Halo game ever  :beyond:

so you're going to buy out Microsoft with a little over a billion? gl

and if I win the lottery, I'm going to make my own studio and make a Halo clone and make Microsoft regret every dollar they invested into 343

• Upvote (+1) 6

and if I win the lottery, I'm going to make my own studio and make a Halo clone and make Microsoft regret every dollar they invested into 343

Please hire me. I will gladly join you. Making a game would be so much fun.

So, went on Reach to play "something" since Halo 5 won't work. While the update fixed the slowdown issues, holy Christ did the 30FPS burn my eyes. 

I doubt that it's truly 30 FPS. 

Quit stealing my life's ambition.

I don't think it is either. 24FPS and maybe slightly above. Point stands, it's horrible for gameplay.

ive given up on xbone reach, I'm perfectly fine with playing it on my 360.

So sick of XBL server issues...

I pay 5.99 a month to in theory help upkeep the servers

The amount of times they've gone down is clearly telling me thats not the case, but if I stop paying for XBL, I'll stop being able to play Halo -_-

• Upvote (+1) 1