CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Frankie

How would you rate 343's community interaction? Especially in regards to what the halo community was used to with bungie.

Obviously not Frankie but their community interaction is pretty decent on Reddit. Bravo is on there pretty frequently and responds to issues, forge creation threads, ideas pretty often. As well as Unyshek.  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Obviously not Frankie but their community interaction is pretty decent on Reddit. Bravo is on there pretty frequently and responds to issues, forge creation threads, ideas pretty often. As well as Unyshek.  :)

Tom French is awesome with dev interaction.

Obviously not Frankie but their community interaction is pretty decent on Reddit. Bravo is on there pretty frequently and responds to issues, forge creation threads, ideas pretty often. As well as Unyshek.   :)

Accidental neg, sorry :( will fix when I'm not poor anymore.

Edit: I do want more transparency from 343. I appreciate whenever an employee does make an attempt to answer questions, but I would really appreciate more transparency without the need for questions. I want community articles on Waypoint that explore the decisions behind Halo 5, as well as more clarity with teasers. As an example, the picture of a ball that was shown in an article: are we getting assault? Are we getting a Grifball a la Halo 4 that can't be used as assault? Is it oddball? Why aren't medals in the after action report? Is that something that can be worked in later/is planned? 

I really do like when anyone answers questions, I just wish questions didn't need to be asked.

Yeah but not things that this community wants answered typically. They usually give feedback on things like QOL updates, server issues, UI stuff, and maybe some basic gameplay things. You don't see much "Please do something about the automatics" or "Breakout should not be in HCS" or "Pros shouldn't be playing for 2 million dollars with radar on".

Beyond's primary concerns do not overlap with the average r/halo poster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Frankie

curious question, would you guys consider doing something like the CTE programm that DICE is offering with BF4?

meant as a general question towards current of future game releases of your studio

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys were not asking the right questions, we got a dev here and we're wasting our time on trivial nonsense.

So @@Frankie....WHAT...is your favorite color?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Accidental neg, sorry :( will fix when I'm not poor anymore.

No worries :P Not too concerned about internet points.

Yeah but not things that this community wants answered typically. They usually give feedback on things like QOL updates, server issues, UI stuff, and maybe some basic gameplay things. You don't see much "Please do something about the automatics" or "Breakout should not be in HCS" or "Pros shouldn't be playing for 2 million dollars with radar on".

Beyond's primary concerns do not overlap with the average r/halo poster.

Is that not community interaction though? He didn't ask about community interaction on Teambeyond. Just community interaction in general. They do a decent job on the side that you mentioned but I do agree there's work to be done with interaction on the competitive side of things. 

I love how when a dev stops by half the people here turn into forum police.

It's almost like they're trying to be respectful and want to have a decent conversation with the developer, instead of being passive aggressive and making jabs whenever possible.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It's almost like they're trying to be respectful and want to have a decent conversation with the developer, instead of being passive aggressive and making jabs whenever possible.

Its almost like you're not a mod and its not up to you to tell people how to post.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 19

Its almost like you're not a mod and its not up to you to tell people how to post.

I feel like it's everyone's job to tell you how to follow rules, not just the moderators. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like it's everyone's job to tell you how to follow rules, not just the moderators.

Since when is being passive aggressive against the rules?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Meh I only care about results, and they are not coming at a pace I haven't already seen. Just more "words" and not enough details.

I can open up CS:GO an see the DEVs apologizing for fucking up, Information about banning unethical tournament players, population statistics, and a neat Visual upgrade.

qG5b9Eq.jpg

Ehhh... Valve's "results" are hardly something I would point to as a positive example. They are the kings of doing things no one asked for and only interacting when shit hits the fan.

Not to mention their explanation on the perma ban of iBP and others came a YEAR after the fact. They let these guys cling to a little shred of hope they would be unbanned for a year... I'm not down playing the significance of match fixing but they could have said it much much earlier.

The population counter is nice though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since when is being passive aggressive against the rules?

June 2013 last time I checked.

II. RESPECT OF OTHERS

We have a zero-tolerance policy in regards to harassment.

You may not threaten, attack, or demean others.

You may not "bait" other users into poor behavior.

Passive-aggressiveness is absolutely not allowed.

Debates and arguments should be mature and insightful.

Constructive criticism is allowed - outright bashing is not.

Bashing or attacking of the game, developer, staff, sponsors, etc. is not allowed.

Arguing with staff publicly about moderation will not be tolerated.

Reputation should be used to acknowledge the quality of a post.

Excessive and unwarranted negative reputation will not be tolerated.

Bashing or harassing Beyond or Staff on social media/sites can result in a ban.

Bashing or mocking Premium features can result in a ban.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Frankie

How would you rate 343's community interaction? 

i think their community interaction is amazing even though they lack on a few fronts

- they should be more involved with the YT community (not RUL and HF but montage makers and forge people)

- they should tweet out pros streams on the official halo twitter

they don't do a lot to grow the community imo, those two things would be huge and bring more people into halo

it's surprisingly easy to get a response from a 343 employee on twitter and they have a large presence on twitter as a company, so you can talk to the forge guy, you can talk to the pro team guys, you can talk to bs angel, you can talk to kiki, quinn, che cho, etc etc

that part of 343 is undeniably awesome

• Downvote (-1) 2

No worries :P Not too concerned about internet points.

Is that not community interaction though? He didn't ask about community interaction on Teambeyond. Just community interaction in general. They do a decent job on the side that you mentioned but I do agree there's work to be done with interaction on the competitive side of things. 

I thought the root of what he was getting at was here on Beyond, as we don't really have much contact with 343. I don't think anyone questions (or at least shouldn't) 343's correspondence with most major communities on the internet, especially reddit.

We happen to be very picky here though. It may be for good reason, but it is much harder to satisfy our needs than it is to satisfy the needs of your average fan on r/halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not trying to defend that type of behavior, but when you have dozens, probably even hundreds of posts that are constructive and get ignored, much less considered, I can't help but understand why some people don't feel like posting essay #147: why sprint is bad and radar is terrible.