CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Reach TU is a dream to play compared to Halo 5. I'm no advocate for armor abilities or bloom, but that stuff is much more tolerable and manageable than all the bullshit that's in Halo 5. Other than dedicated servers and ranking system, I can't think of one thing that Halo 5 improves from Reach TU. Gimmicks are just one big reason why many have moved on from Halo 5.

Reach ZBNS was actually pretty great. I say this in hindsight, after Halo 4 and 5. I'd give anything to go back to something resembling ZBNS settings. It's just unfortunate that all of these small "tweaks" and changes come too late after the game's release.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach TU is a dream to play compared to Halo 5. I'm no advocate for armor abilities or bloom, but that stuff is much more tolerable and manageable than all the bullshit that's in Halo 5. Other than dedicated servers and ranking system, I can't think of one thing that Halo 5 improves from Reach TU. Gimmicks are just one big reason why many have moved on from Halo 5.

Yeah, you're talking about a Title Update. Released long after the game launched. Partially unfair to the two month old H5. Speak vanilla, as that's the fairest one could get in comparing the two.

Anyhow, while this may be subjective, but I'd much rather have someone use thrust to move away from combat, rather than someone have the ability to become invincible, allowing his allies to come over, while you wait, which in turn, destroys the game's pacing and leads to a frustrating free pass. To me, it's much more managable to move closer to a thrusting opponent to engage them again, rather than being able to do literally nothing but wait with AL.

I'd also much rather have someone possess thruster use, than have unlimited personal active camo. Or a jetpack. Allowing people to spawn with a powerup that'd normally be fought over, isn't "manageable", nor is it tolerable when people use that to camp with power weapons obtained on the map. It's arguably more bullshit than someone having the ability to retreat. That may be just my viewpoint, though. :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

The base game of Halo 5 is not as shit as 4 and had more thought put into it than Reach.

Can we agree?

EemsaKT.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reach ZBNS was actually pretty great. I say this in hindsight, after Halo 4 and 5. I'd give anything to go back to something resembling ZBNS settings. It's just unfortunate that all of these small "tweaks" and changes come too late after the game's release.

I still play Halo Reach BTB to get my Halo fix. It's DMR start and TU, so I still find it enjoyable enough. I used to say that I hated Reach though and swore up and down that when Halo 4 would drop, I'd never play it again. And when MCC dropped, I thought for sure I had played my last game of Reach, but nope lol. With every 343 Halo title, I have learned to appreciate Reach more and more. For me, the positives about the game far outweigh the negatives.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HALO 3 BTB FO' DAYZZZZ

# :weback: # :weback: # :weback: # :weback:

this looks so much funner than Halo 5 BTB it's not even funny

• Upvote (+1) 9

I still play Halo Reach BTB to get my Halo fix. It's DMR start and TU, so I still find it enjoyable enough. I used to say that I hated Reach though and swore up and down that when Halo 4 would drop, I'd never play it again. And when MCC dropped, I thought for sure I had played my last game of Reach, but nope lol. With every 343 Halo title, I have learned to appreciate Reach more and more. For me, the positives about the game far outweigh the negatives.

Yeah I've been feeling the same. I used to wonder how people could stand to hop into "dead" games into a playlist w/ 100 or less players. Now when I really feel like Halo, I boot up Reach and hop into MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, you're talking about a Title Update. Released long after the game launched. Partially unfair to the two month old H5. Speak vanilla, as that's the fairest one could get in comparing the two.

Anyhow, while this may be subjective, but I'd much rather have someone use thrust to move away from combat, rather than someone have the ability to become invincible, allowing his allies to come over, while you wait, which in turn, destroys the game's pacing and leads to a frustrating free pass. To me, it's much more managable to move closer to a thrusting opponent to engage them again, rather than being able to do literally nothing but wait with AL.

I'd also much rather have someone possess thruster use, than have unlimited personal active camo. Or a jetpack. Allowing people to spawn with a powerup that'd normally be fought over, isn't "manageable", nor is it tolerable when people use that to camp with power weapons obtained on the map. It's arguably more bullshit than someone having the ability to retreat. That may be just my viewpoint, though. :P

There is a long history of what works and what doesn't work in Halo. We shouldn't need a title update for the game to be enjoyable and I see the huge issues with Halo 5 as being just as unfixable as Halo 4's.

As far as armor lock goes, I'd much rather deal with that then someone having Spartan charge, ground pound, thruster, clamber, sprint, and overpowered autos. I rarely have problems with TU armor lock. Most of the time, I'll just toss 2 frags. The first to knock them out of armor lock and the second to finish them.

For me, the bullshit in Reach is manageable. If someone has the jump on me using jetpack, I can usually sprint for cover and take them on when recharged. If someone has camo(not unlimited btw), I'll see the radar jam and will either look close for them, shoot/nade in the general direction, or get away until they are visible. It's so much less stressful to deal with everybody having just one gimmick.

HALO 3 BTB FO' DAYZZZZ

Is this the same guy who started work on a remake as soon as Forge came out and was streaming it?

HALO 3 BTB FO' DAYZZZZ

In the face of actually competent design, I am speechless.

Can we have this Sandtrap remake implemented in BTB? And while we're at it, can the invisible ranks be made visible again, so at least people have some sort of reward after reaching the point where it's impossible to find games?

Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 6

how it plays, how it's designed etc. popularity is good for gauging people's reaction to a product and that's pretty much it.

Is population really a measure of popularity though? I would argue game sales are the measure of "popularity" while population is the result of the opinion on the game's quality that fans of that game have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

an idea that i had yesterday for warzone, 

i think it would be cool to have a core damage stat of some kind. Maybe a % of damage done to it in the carnage report. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is population really a measure of popularity though? I would argue game sales are the measure of "popularity" while population is the result of the opinion on the game's quality that fans of that game have.

In this context, "units sold" only tells you what people thought of the last game. xD

an idea that i had yesterday for warzone, 

i think it would be cool to have a core damage stat of some kind. Maybe a % of damage done to it in the carnage report. 

That'd be cool. actually. Would show who really did the heavy lifting in terms of core damage.

Question for @@Cursed Lemon.

Would you like to see fall damage in future titles?

I've always been completely ambivalent to fall damage in Halo. In fact, it's a good example of modern Halo thinking - adding something to the game that technically requires some amount of skill to do (in this case negating by crouching), but ultimately fails to enrich the experience.

In or out, I don't care much.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I love me some btb but I don't understand the love for sandtrap. The map had no flow to it and the weapon placements seemed very random.

That'd be cool. actually. Would show who really did the heavy lifting in terms of core damage.

They cant put medals in post game report, what makes you think they would be able to that

The thing that pissed me off with your post was saying "your Halo".

I read "your" as "competitive community". Halo is amazing because there is so many different communities that have been forged because of it. 343 don't want to post here mainly because they view Team Beyond as a bunch of elitist pricks who think that the competitive community is the only viable option.

Sure, we may be smarter about game mechanics than the casuals, but that doesn't give you a ticket to shit on them.

It's probably too late for this site to get devs posting on it again. I have not been posting about it as much mainly due to all the posters sitting in their high chair bickering when they don't know anything at all that's happening in 343 Industries. It's also why I don't say anything constructive here anymore, as I feel it falls on deaf ears.

It's sad for me to say this, as I used to love this place. 

tldr no community owns Halo, and anyone who thinks that is delusional

So you're mad because you took my post out of context and made assumptions. Not my issue man. This is how I feel, 5 years of bullshit ( unnecessary bullshit at that ) has made my taste buds sour. Sorry if you don't like it. I'm not kissing asses  when what we love is constantly shit on.