CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't like the childish spartan animations at the end of a match. It's nitpicking, but it doesn't feel professional, not one bit. Other than that, I will refrain from posting opinions until it decides to finish downloading.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"The halo that had the most support was the simplest halo. Halo 1, 2 , 3 .. They were simple to understand. When they started to introduced sprint and amour abilities thats when the community started to decrease. Every button does something weird and differnet. It isnt simple like it used to be, thats what people want" - Snip3down

But the majority of the community want Sprint and other abilities.

Timing issues caused the population to decrease.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

take out sprint and thruster and i think halo 5 looks pretty good. and shrink the maps after taking out sprint and thruster

Wait, aren't pros supposed to be scrimming today? 

They are streaming a quick search in twitch will get you to see a bunch

Y'all complaining about AR starts should learn how to use the pistol. It's the fastest killing utility, if you make all your shots.

I'd like to know where this data comes from...

Forgot the /s tag, mate. People will take that seriously.

Honestly I think the only thing that can save Halo at this point is microtransactions, as crazy as that sounds. A game with microtransactions can last a lot longer and forces the developers to make changes to please the long term players. Halo keeps trying to pick up a new fan base to make money on initial sales, but then all of those kids quit for the next COD game, the game dies. If they had microtransactions and had to rely on the dedicated community to make money the game would evolve into what it should have been. This 2 year life cycle on games will never produce a legit competitive title.

Another thing that needs to happen is the dedicated Halo community needs to speak with their wallets. People always say "don't judge it until you play it". Then we will play the beta and say "Sprint and ADS needs to go". Then the retail game will come and other things will have been changed and people will say "don't judge it until you play it". And then we will buy the game and it will still be trash. Look at Counter Strike, I bet if Valve said they were putting sprint and ADS in CS not a single dedicated CS player would pay for that trash. But the Halo community just continues to throw money at a burning franchise when the company making the game is making no real efforts to put out the fire.

The poll made by Ghostayame on waypoint says otherwise.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Been playing for a few hours, game has one of the best skill gaps we've seen in ages. Few things to complain about, but overall, the abilities are incredibly well balanced. 

Matched Flamesword searching with Diesel and Enable for a while, like 3-4 games straight and they gave me all my losses so far, despite me doing really good.

I'm having tons of fun though. Could play this game for ages.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is anyone else's beta constantly hanging while installing? I can't get above 64%

I was hanging around 73% for awhile, its just bumped up to 74%, but moving really slow.

It is peak time for internet usage around me though. So yeah.

Only just tuned in, trying to be positive about this game but it just doesn't look fun imo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ogre 2 is getting destroyed at mid range from ARs and SMGs. I hate this.

Bro Fucking ADS BS is reducing the Spread of the Automatics I FUCKING DESPISE THAT

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why doesn't 343 just make a different game within the Halo universe if they want to add all this pointless bullshit. If you want to make a different game then make a different game. Just stop making these gimmicky modern mashed together fps nightmares and slapping the Halo name on it. This game will be dead by Feb 2016 I guarantee it.

i dont think so.

i hate the sprint+thruster though.

however the ranking looks very good. they are gonna have top 200 leaderboards for each hopper.

Link to the poll? Just want to see

Can someone link him to the poll. I'm on my phone with hardly and data service. Saucey posted the results on here in a different thread the other day.