CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"Mcc is playable despite all the whining"

Yup, you can definitely sit in lobbies and play with your thumbs for 4 hours and not find a game.

Tell that to my little cousin that Mcc is "playable".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

[MCC] is definitely playable despite all the whining.  H4 is oddly good in MCC; H3 and H1 are not ideal but still a lot of fun.

I think you're forgetting the part where it actually wasn't playable at all and launched regardless.

And the 6 or so months leading up to ranks.

And the next months after that leading up to the realization that ranks did nothing whatsoever for skill-based matchmaking and were just a glorified progression system based off Halo 2's ranks.

MCC was easily the biggest recent flub in terms of video game releases. Coming from a AAA studio funded by Microsoft, no less. All the hype surrounding a remake of Halo 2 only made it even worse.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yup, you can definitely sit in lobbies and play with your thumbs for 4 hours and not find a game.

You (specifically you) can't even get games in Halo 5. =P

• Upvote (+1) 1

You (specifically you) can't even get games in Halo 5. =P

im getting double fucked now, it never ends

Gotta love it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure how 343 can force people to stop playing H5 and go back to MCC ... the game is over a year old, player population is low

I think you're forgetting the part where it actually wasn't playable at all and launched regardless.

And the 6 or so months leading up to ranks.

And the next months after that leading up to the realization that ranks did nothing whatsoever for skill-based matchmaking and were just a glorified progression system based off Halo 2's ranks.

MCC was easily the biggest recent flub in terms of video game releases. Coming from a AAA studio funded by Microsoft, no less. All the hype surrounding a remake of Halo 2 only made it even worse.

playable now, obviously not playable at launch.  I can find games in about half the playlists

Which is perfectly fine if you're creating a non-competitive experience, a la Borderlands, Fallout, Bioshock, etc.

Not so much if you're going to be running two-million-dollar tournies.

But if they just want a shit ton of variety why not make the pistol an equal to the other rifles?

I liked it when every weapon has a DISTINCT role, none of this LightRifle/DMR/BR/Magnum/Carbine and AR/SMG/Suppressor/Storm Rifle nonsense. It's easier to balance.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The fact that it requires feedback to understand how 36 sniper shots and 16 rockets after 6 minutes of Eden 2v2 is a problem makes me depressed about sandbox and map balance. The map is asymmetrical, has giant sight lines, AND nothing of interest on red side.

Oh, I didn't even get to talk about the shotgun.

Then there's maps like Empire with its storm rifles, SMGs, shotguns and OS in the worst position on the map. Or Overgrowth, which stacks camo+shotgun in the same spot (and a sword because we don't want people to be unable to counter the shotgun right?)

I would hope that requiring "feedback" is just a bad joke to get extra time for the Forge team to code weapon pads that support ammo changes.

Either way, we have a forum available to communicate and we should take advantage of it. What might seem like common sense to us might not be so for other aspects of the community. The more we get our word out and back it with good data/facts, the better chance we have to enact change.

Destiny wouldn't be the game it is now if its community didn't use the right avenues of communication to get the word out there. Part of our effort shouldn't be to just sit in Beyond and commit the same old circle-jerk of posting and praying for a dev to come on OUR turf. Same with the Feedback Survey emails. If you're a part of this community and you're vocal about improving Halo 5, it would be disingenuous of you to not utilize what is out there. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has the administration here ever thought about creating an official team beyond halo 5 feedback thread?

Where everyone is allowed 1 post and it can't be a reply to someone elses' post. That way everyone gets to post thier big h5 bit and its all in one focused, easily digestable place.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just finished my feedback posts on the Social/Doubles/Arena PW threads on Waypoint. Highly recommend you guys jump in there and post some feedback. There's barely any whatsoever and might be a good way to get some constructive feedback to ears at 343.

How? The links in thier weekly update don't even work

Every time I muster up the courage to play Arena I get Arena Breakout and/or parties matching me and 3 randoms. Warzone is still the way to go I see lol.

Yep no party restrictions is the reason I stopped playing halo5 again. Try to get back into h5 the past couple days but it's just unplayable unless you get a to4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@MultiLockOn is always in forge and I have no idea what hes working on...

You better be making a map that will blow my mind

It's just a map with geometry that spells out "WHAT UP FUCC-BOIs" from the top.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Either way, we have a forum available to communicate and we should take advantage of it. What might seem like common sense to us might not be so for other aspects of the community. The more we get our word out and back it with good data/facts, the better chance we have to enact change.

Destiny wouldn't be the game it is now if its community didn't use the right avenues of communication to get the word out there. Part of our effort shouldn't be to just sit in Beyond and commit the same old circle-jerk of posting and praying for a dev to come on OUR turf. Same with the Feedback Survey emails. If you're a part of this community and you're vocal about improving Halo 5, it would be disingenuous of you to not utilize what is out there. 

I'm 100% sure different people at 343 have seen all the general resurfacing feedback about Halo 5, whether it's on here, Twitter, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube videos or wherever else. I know for a fact they're always looking, even when we think they're not. But what 343 chooses to do with the feedback is beyond me. At least, by not directly responding to it, they're not accountable for its implementation.

We've had various ways of communicating with 343 for a long time, and that has never been a problem. The problem is how, as soon as Halo 5 dropped, they actually opted out of posting on competitive forums when we used to be able to have decent back-and-forth conversations with them. It was their best way of getting meaningful and educated feedback for the game and they chose to leave it behind. Despite how ruthless people can be at times, most of it isn't ill-intended at all.

Don't go believing that they actually intend to have back-and-forth conversations on Waypoint forums. It's not a better way of communicating that we can do anywhere else despite how "official" it is. It is, however, a good way for users to get blacklisted or banned if they're a bit too critical or choose bad wording.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep no party restrictions is the reason I stopped playing halo5 again. Try to get back into h5 the past couple days but it's just unplayable unless you get a to4.

Exactly. Every time I get a sliver of hope and think "maybe it's not as bad as I remember" it's as bad as I remember. All they have to do is add restrictions to the Team Arena playlist only as a start and see what happens. There's no merit to ranks that you can achieve by beating randoms.

Don't go believing that they actually intend to have back-and-forth conversations on Waypoint forums. It's not a better way of communicating that we can do anywhere else despite how "official" it is. It is, however, a good way for users to get blacklisted or banned if they're a bit too critical or choose bad wording.

I'm not looking for a back and forth, I'm aware that they are listening. I'm just utilizing the avenues of communication they themselves have opened. Whether that leads to anything happening or not is irrelevant as to where I'm concerned. I just want to spread the word on issues with Halo 5. If doing so leads to changes then I'm happy to say I helped. If nothing happens, then I'll keep playing the game because I enjoy it.

It's just a map with geometry that spells out "WHAT UP FUCC-BOIs" from the top.

remember, there are no rules when forging your own map...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

remember, there are no rules when forging your own map...

BUT WHEN DO WE DRAW THE LINE BETWEEN HOW GOOD A MAP IS TO WATCH AND HOW GOOD IT IS TO PLAY

• Upvote (+1) 1