CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ninja:

"Halo 5 needs to be amazing."

"The game needs to be more accessible to new players, but needs to have a huge skill gap."

That is what he actually said.

The phrase "the skill gap should be lowered was said", maybe he corrected himself but I heard it. 

Last 2 games I've seen on Ninjas stream have had people quit out.

EDIT: Maybe not.

There needs to be extremely huge punishments for quitters, they ruin games. They need to adapt systems like mobas have where if you quit a game you can't start up a new game for a long period of time.

After watching gameplay, Sprint needs to go.

It's not just the fact that it breaks the game with people getting away but it's just...unnecessary. We already have new movement options that diversify the game. The removal of Sprint and downsizing the maps by a bit would make H5 much more enjoyable to spectate (and most likely play) and would really turn it into more of an arena shooter seeing as that's what H5 was being advertised as.

I completely agree. Sprint is just unnecessary. 

They said that they wanted to find a way to create a new and more interesting way to move around the map in halo and I really feel the Thruster packs do that a lot. And with sprint gone, downsizing the maps would need to happen, which is going to take a lot of work from 343. Halo 5 looks pretty fun, and if it was a sprint-less game with smaller maps, I seriously think that would be a step forward that a lot of people would like. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

KD spread > KD ratio. Why the change?

Its the inverse bro. Two players

Player A: 30-15 2.0 K/D

Player B: 18-3 6.0 K/D

Both went plus 15 but one did way better than the other. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey man, I'm just trying to be a bit realistic here. I have a strong dislike for this as much as the next guy, but is it inherently wrong to try and work with what is given?

It is wrong because it enables the developer. Low sales figures is the only result that will send them a clear message.

The tragic thing is they have zero intention of removing sprint. It will not be going. The game looks like a total clusterfuck. Like a mess of audio and visual noise.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The phrase "the skill gap should be lowered was said", maybe he corrected himself but I heard it. 

Yeah I heard him say that the skill gap should be lowered but that there will always be a gap that separates the pros from the rest.

Maybe he mixed up his words.

I have watched a few matches so far and I don't think I got excited once. This is from a spectator point of view. Obviously I will wait to get my hands on to judge, but right now I do not think I am excited at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There needs to be extremely huge punishments for quitters, they ruin games. They need to adapt systems like mobas have where if you quit a game you can't start up a new game for a long period of time.

Like what?

And How about Boosters do you really want to be forced to play a game because of bans rather then quoting out and finding a new game

I'm watching Ogre2, this should be....interesting....

lol he seems soooo annoyed right now

And I don't think he has sprinted once, lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't watch the IGN stream if you value your sanity. Guys are complimenting sprint and other abilities, while literally missing a full DMR clip on someone who's one shot.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't watch the IGN stream if you value your sanity. Guys are complimenting sprint and other abilities, while literally missing a full DMR clip on someone who's one shot.

They're not good! A Good player can hit a sprinter easily
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Like what?

And How about Boosters do you really want to be forced to play a game because of bans rather then quoting out and finding a new game

Dota has like a 10 minute or so penalty that you can't start searching for another game and in league you can't start searching for another game until the previous game has finished.

I have way, way more games ruined by quitters than boosters so I would be way more worried about them.

Dota has like a 10 minute or so penalty that you can't start searching for another game and in league you can't start searching for another game until the previous game has finished.

I have way, way more games ruined by quitters than boosters so I would be way more worried about them.

Clearly you weren't around for H3 MLG playlist was unplayable because of Boosters

• Downvote (-1) 1