CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

A lot of colors in H3/ODST were crushed in TMCC because the brightness setting is equal to the "Very High" setting on the 360 versions. Since there's no toggle option in TMCC, your stuck with that unnecessarily high brightness. Especially sucks at nighttime when your exploring in ODST, looks much more vibrant on the 360.

Halo 4 might be the same way, not too sure.

Also that "depth of field" effect on those Eden screenshots were from the skybox itself. It has a "fog" effect that you only really notice if you're paying attention to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

REQ Weapons in Arena  :wutface:

But in Arena customs?  :flames:  :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 2

That thread hurt my brain.  The OP was saying loadouts made the game more like UT, among other things.

@@EagleBurn had a fascinating theory on Halo and the community post-Guardians. If only I could find a direct quote...

Basically, if people like Guardians, then 343 will continue to create SA's, random ass weapon balancing and shitty maps.

If people dislike it, then the4 happens again.

We (but also the entire Halo fanbase, imo) get screwed either way.

So now, I don't know whether to be horrified that the community might want a worse game than Guardians to happen, or pissed off at Eagle for making me all paranoid and shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But in Arena customs?  :flames:  :flames:

I would so play a gametype with the Answer being a starting weapon. It'd be insane

@@EagleBurn had a fascinating theory on Halo and the community post-Guardians. If only I could find a direct quote...

Basically, if people like Guardians, then 343 will continue to create SA's, random ass weapon balancing and shitty maps.

If people dislike it, then the4 happens again.

We (but also the entire Halo fanbase, imo) get screwed either way.

So now, I don't know whether to be horrified that the community might want a worse game than Guardians to happen, or pissed off at Eagle for making me all paranoid and shit.

People can argue all they want but 343 realizes they made a lot of mistakes with Halo 4 and I just don't see them going back to that. 

They made a lot of mistakes with Halo 4, MCC, and Halo 5...so I don't know how much "learning" they've done.

I mean sure, you can say they went the 3 steps forward 2 steps back route but there are improvements from 4 to 5.

They made a lot of mistakes with Halo 4, MCC, and Halo 5...so I don't know how much "learning" they've done.

Different mistakes most of the time, though.

Don't forget HCE Anniversary where they decided to make more reach MP instead of including real HCE MP.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Read this part and got real excited:

Then this...

Then I let out a very loud sigh.

Why would I want to save 100 different variants of slayer or CTF?

Gotta prep for all of those Infection variants coming soon™  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Then this...

If you forge a lot you can easily rack up a lot of different maps. 40 wasn't really enough.

I can tell you now from my own experience of helping hire engineering positions, never be afraid of applying for something when you are only missing 3-5 years of experience from what is listed.  If you go into an interview and know your stuff, you are likely to still get hired.   

What languages do you know?  What is your fav?

That's actually exactly how I got my current job. They were looking for someone with 1-3 years experience at my current job and I got it anyway. You're definitely right on that man. When I was still working for MLG along with two other jobs when I was in school, somebody who came into a bookstore I worked at shared that advice with me. Changed my whole perspective. That's when I actually started getting interviews. I literally share that advice with every person I know now.

In order from most to least experience is: 

• C++
  • PHP
  • CMake scripting
  • Bash/Batch scripting
  • Lua
  • JavaScript
    • jQuery
  • InnoSetup
  • HTML/CSS
  • XML (I write functions in C++ for parsing XML structures)
  • C#
  • Visual Basic
  • Python

My favorite is kind of tie between C++ and PHP for sure. C++ is by far my best language for sure, but I love PHP for the simple fact you can just break all the rules of C++ to make things work as far as scripting/website development goes haha. If I had to pick my least favorite, assuredly Python. I cannot stand white-space delimited languages after working with Python lol.

Then this...

LITERALLY had the same exact reaction. I wonder what the process is about getting some new gametypes. I currently don't even attempt to compete because I personally don't like the game anymore. However, I would still at least like to see the best possible games/settings for the community I'm involved in. There really should be a KotH/Oddball in this game. 

I think KotH would work great. I'm up in the air about Oddball right now though because the ability to thrust with an objective worries me. I don't think it's that harmful in CTF, but for a gametype like Oddball focused on chasing an objective so to speak, it just adds an unnecessary addition. On the other side, everyone else has it so I can see that side of it too I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you forge a lot you can easily rack up a lot of different maps. 40 wasn't really enough.

I'm not questioning that. In fact, the limit should be much higher than 100. Hell, it was 100 on H3/360 when we relied on local storage and mediocre hardware. Even Reach took it to 1000 while still counting on local storage and the same hardware as H3. It's a bit very pitiful that we can't do better in 2016.

But putting that aside, I just found it ironic that 343 made an announcement about letting people save 100 gametype variants when there aren't more than 4 base gametypes to edit. 

It's kind of like letting us bookmark films to watch later on when we can't launch them if they aren't in our recent films anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 is going to have 100,000+ viewers on Twitch later today.

I mean sure, you can say they went the 3 steps forward 2 steps back route but there are improvements from 4 to 5.

There's no paper trail showing that they've learned from their mistakes. It's like they've got Halo in a Boggle tray, where what goes right and what goes wrong are just completely random.

• Upvote (+1) 5

How do you know?

Why

AGDQ. If you've been on twitch the past couple of days and noticed really obscure games with 150,000+ viewers, this is the reason why. ProAceJoker is going to be doing a campaign speedrun.

• Upvote (+1) 1