CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What's really scary is if the shooting with rifles is as hard as people say it is and the movement abilities/automatics are as powerful as people say the balance is going to be completely horrible. 

Why would anyone ever get into a tough firefight with the BR or pistol when they can just sprint/thruster away and re-engage later with ground pound and sprint and melees or the SMG, AR... etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please tell me he didn't actually say that? Christ almighty I thought my friend said weird shit when he's in his honeymoon phase....

He did indeed say that, along with a whole bunch of other nonsense.

Just like H4, his opinions are wrong and help lead to the downfall of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's like you're trying to offer me shit but you add various sweets or sours to balance the flavor when I've told you a thousand times I don't want shit no matter how you make it taste. Sprint doesn't work in Halo so stop accepting whatever permutations get thrown at us.

Hey man, I'm just trying to be a bit realistic here. I have a strong dislike for this as much as the next guy, but is it inherently wrong to try and work with what is given? 

It said '' Week One: Assault Rifle starts''

I get it, but why is that necessary? That implies that players need to test the starting loadouts. We should be several Halo games beyond the point where people are entertaining starting without a viable precision weapon. This isn't something that needs to be beta tested. This isn't something that should still be a point of contention. Starting with a precision utility weapon is better than starting with an automatic. That's just how it works in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If sprint gets removed, slide and shoulder charge will also have to be removed. Let's just hope 343 is willing to do that..

Lessen melee lunge and make Shoulder charge Thurster + Melee 

What do you think?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Announcer before: Double Kill

Announcer now: *weird ass sensual sounding* Double Keel

I get it, but why is that necessary? That implies that players need to test the starting loadouts. We should be several Halo games beyond the point where people are entertaining starting without a viable precision weapon. This isn't something that needs to be beta tested. This isn't something that should still be a point of contention. Starting with a precision utility weapon is better than starting with an automatic. That's just how it works in Halo.

Agreed but that's not how 343 feels

They're the ones who gave us SMG/AR starts in MCC

Announcer before: Double Kill

Announcer now: *weird ass sensual sounding* Double Keel

The more I play the CE playlist the more I miss the announcer from that.

I've read some comments on here referencing Ninja's stream saying that he's making negative remarks about the game (about sprint and stuff). I'd like to know what stream those people are watching? He couldn't love the game, sprint, abilities, etc. any more lol.

Just actually add BxR/BxB and remove shoulder charge IMO.  :wub:

We already got the medal, now all we need is the actual thing! C'mon Frankie you know you want too.  :)

Ninja:

"Halo 5 needs to be amazing."

"The game needs to be more accessible to new players, but needs to have a huge skill gap."

That is what he actually said.

• Upvote (+1) 1

SmG breaking shields in Mid Range just what the fuck

Watching some streams and some people are having the hardest time aiming lol

Decreased Auto aim is perfect

Ninja:

"Halo 5 needs to be amazing."

"The game needs to be more accessible to new players, but needs to have a huge skill gap."

That is what he actually said.

Makes sense I believe that this is what they have done with Halo 5

I've read some comments on here referencing Ninja's stream saying that he's making negative remarks about the game (about sprint and stuff). I'd like to know what stream those people are watching? He couldn't love the game, sprint, abilities, etc. any more lol.

He is like a teenage girl with his emotions. At first he was very negative, 10 minutes later he was super positive, I predict we will see him depressed soon enough. He just seems really unstable as a person at times.

We should also be past trying to shove sprint into halo, but that doesn't stop 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Watching some streams and some people are having the hardest time aiming lol

I love how you can always tell what tier of suck a person is in a FPS, the bottom most tier are those who can't aim and move and shoot at the same time. Virgin-thumbs lol.

People will continue quitting out until real consequences are actually enforced for quitting. Like a 24 hour ban

So here's what I think you could potentially do with Halo 5 if you buy it....

Take the disc, go to the zoo. Climb into the elephant exhibit and find yourself a nice big turd, place it on top, and watch it disappear.