CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Also, can we get 8 man FFA back?

They should fix the spawns and the on map weapon layout first. And give the top 50% a win on their service record.

The search restrictions are also still bad. Not being able to find games at high levels and playing on US servers 90% of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They should fix the spawns and the on map weapon layout first. And give the top 50% a win on their service record.

The search restrictions are also still bad. Not being able to find games at high levels and playing on US servers 90% of the time.

All FFA needs is:

Fixed Spawns

25M Radar

Give top 4 Win on Service Record

Tweaked Weapon Layout

8 Man

Then we are looking real nice and pretty.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All FFA needs is:

Fixed Spawns

25M Radar

Give top 4 Win on Service Record

Tweaked Weapon Layout

8 Man

Then we are looking real nice and pretty.

but where will we fit the memes with an extra 2 people on the map

Yes, even 20fps Reach has more comfortable aiming.

I go from Halo 5 to literally any other Halo (even numb and effortless H2) and it feels like taking the handbrake off. Like lifting off finger weights. Like untying the knot. Like removing the handcuffs. Like unloading a trailer.

I seriously don't understand how people are struggling so much with it.

The aiming just feels slightly heavier than other Halos to me. Although that's not really a bad thing.

"I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1440p" and "I can't tell a difference in aiming between Halo 5 and the other Halos" is the same thing in my opinion. Equally as unbelievable to me. Can someone who plays in nothing but 720p have a good time? Sure, but it's still terrible. Same concept.

What? 720p is objectively worse than 1440p, H5's aiming is not objectively worse than any other game, it's just different.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Also gotta love how 343 was purposefully deceptive pre-release yet again. They promised however many free DLC maps post launch... Yet seemingly forgot to include that they're all forge maps or "remixes". Translation: too lazy to make an actual map. Absolutely toxic, disgusting company. I haven't even played this game since blops 3 came out, just needed to vent about this disgrace of a company... How bout them MCC updates guys? Lmao

Lol, jeez.

They're not all forge maps or remixes, the free DLC cycle isn't done get.

Truth, Fathom, Colliseum, Plaza, Eden... All absolute trash?

Truth is technically a remake of middy stretched out for parkour, so that's not really a unique 343 map. Fathom is a bridge, 2 rooms and a hallway. Eden and Colliseum are okay, but have far too much clutter/geometry and plaza could easily pass as a COD map. But with that said, none of these are even close to the same level of bad that Overgrowth is.

Truth is technically a remake of middy stretched out for parkour, so that's not really a unique 343 map. Fathom is a bridge, 2 rooms and a hallway. Eden and Colliseum are okay, but have far too much clutter/geometry and plaza could easily pass as a COD map. But with that said, none of these are even close to the same level of bad that Overgrowth is.

True, it's still a good map though and it has some fairly major differences.

If you're going to simplify it like that you can make any map sound bad: "Narrows is a bridge with some man cannons"

I've never had any issues with the clutter and I don't see how that makes Plaza a bad map, it still plays well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate Truth to bits.They made the bases and top mid incredibly defensive, as well as the elbows and p1/car1. So many engagements are just shooting from afar at eachother, with escape incredibly easy at every structure. The grav lift pockets at p and car, Blue and Red pocket, elbow cover, the ledges/nooks at the front of each base. It's so defensive.

The only thing worth pushing is camo and sword (on the same map :wutface:), each team having the BR at each base makes it super easy to just sit back and cover the hotspots because it's range shits on the spawning weapons on this maps long ass sightlines. The most powerful positions in p2 and car2 are luckily pretty open, but the ridiculous nades in this game make pushing enemies out of it way too easy.

And getting to top mid straight from the base off spawn is just ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Completely off topic, but did anyone here play The Division alpha? How was it? Thinking of replacing Halo as my main game.

I did and avoid that game at all costs. It has the typical grindy MMO/drop elements that addict you to it, then they're going to slap ridiculously priced DLC that will be pretty much required to buy if you want to continue to play the game. On top of that, the gameplay is meh and the concept of the factions isn't interesting. It's just another Ubisoft game with a lot of promises.

It's Ubisoft's answer to Activision's Destiny, except the concept is a lot more boring.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't wait what 343 does next :kappa:

On serious note, has there been any improvements besides Forge ? My xbox live just ended and been stuck on Computer games & Halo 2 Campaign.

I did and avoid that game at all costs. It has the typical grindy MMO/drop elements that addict you to it, then they're going to slap ridiculously priced DLC that will be pretty much required to buy if you want to continue to play the game. On top of that, the gameplay is meh and the concept of the factions isn't interesting. It's just another Ubisoft game with a lot of promises.

It's Ubisoft's answer to Activision's Destiny, except the concept is a lot more boring.

@@Zeezbruh

firefights felt extremly boring due to enemies beeing dumb bullet sponges, dark zones are way too grindy and if you finally reached a level at which you can finde good loot, you still have to survive the obligatory group of other players that just tries to kill every other player in the area during their extraction

I did like the atmosphere though but that pretty much all there is..

If you like Destiny you will probably enjoy The Division but I don't see it as a replacement for anything else than Destiny

343: "yo, what kinda maps u want"

Halo players: "just fuck my shit up fam"

343: "say no more, I got u"

Not even sure how this got me to laugh so much. Time for bed.

if we go 8 man ffa back NO one would be able to find games at the high onyx / champ level for most of the day.

6 man ffa is superior anyway because it takes some thinking.

everyone hated 8 man ffa and complained about it lol

if we go 8 man ffa back NO one would be able to find games at the high onyx / champ level for most of the day.

Well that's not remotely true. 

Just like previous Halo titles, playlists can have a maximum player counter - previously 8 in FFAs case, and a minimum player count.

If only six players can be found, the game will start.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My biggest thing with FFA is how my service record looks like I have no thumbs with a less than 50% w/l.

Cause stats are super important.