CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Since when were you able to encounter clones of yourself in matchmaking?

If Batchford was a Perfect Dark Simulant, he'd be the MeatSim.

MeatSim: The MeatSim is the least complex sim, scripted to a minimum. It has slower than normal speed, and accuracy under 10%. For a player to be overwhelmed by a MeatSim, many have to be attacking the player at the same time. They were made to be the equivalent of a utterly new player, sweeping from left to right trying to hit its target. Perfect for beginners.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Look at the CE Plasma Rifle. It has a slow kill time, but it's still a very strong weapon for its abilities.

I want the Halo 5 AR to be nerfed by removing its accuracy bonuses and headshot multiplier, which will set its perfect kill time to 1.4 seconds.

However, I'd also like to see it get a buff like faster switching speed or higher melee priority to play up its role as a CQC weapon.

Which would be DPS. Aside from that, what utility functions did the Halo 4 AR have?

If Batchford was a Perfect Dark Simulant, he'd be the MeatSim.

MeatSim: The MeatSim is the least complex sim, scripted to a minimum. It has slower than normal speed, and accuracy under 10%. For a player to be overwhelmed by a MeatSim, many have to be attacking the player at the same time. They were made to be the equivalent of a utterly new player, sweeping from left to right trying to hit its target. Perfect for beginners.

:kappa:

What a filthy casual, is he. :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I preferred the one with a negative K/D.

EDIT: oh my

e2beeb83b33b556e01174593608babbd.png

11 year old me was a fucking rebel man #dinomasterrace

• Upvote (+1) 1

Look at the CE Plasma Rifle. It has a slow kill time, but it's still a very strong weapon for its abilities.

I want the Halo 5 AR to be nerfed by removing its accuracy bonuses and headshot multiplier, which will set its perfect kill time to 1.4 seconds.

However, I'd also like to see it get a buff like faster switching speed or higher melee priority to play up its role as a CQC weapon.

I'd argue we should only see those "buffs" to it if we see the Magnum get buffed. The difference between 1.2 as a perfect kill time, and 1.4 isn't exactly as large as the one between 0.6 and 1.0-1.2. You'd basically open up a can of worms that'd involve constant double melees in the case of the latter, while the former's already a trait on the Magnum, one I'd prefer stay there, since it acts as a subtle buff to the Magnum in its own right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay but why are they a good thing? Because they are "hard" to do? I still can't think of one good reason being able to fly across the map with sprint, thrust or even these slide combos is improving the game. If anything all these things break the game, IMO. 

Edit: If the average kill times were sub one second, then fine, let us fly across the map. Otherwise, no. 

I'm pretty sure I said this in the post, but I did say I'm not talking in a game balance sense, because at least so far in tournament play these SA haven't been used in a way that is really game breaking (TBH I think the Halo community uses the word "breaking" far too loosely for what it should be used for)

Whoever said you could spawn kill with Super slide/SAs  is also being ridiculous. Truth Slayer right now is spawn killing at Carbine, there is literally no reason to burst rush to carbine when they all spawn there when you have 3-4 different angles to shoot enemies at. Nor would you do that in CTF to spawn kill, etc. This game is still a lot of spacing and zoning, you can see that with teams like CLG with Ogre 2 still being all about zoning in this game.

All I'm saying is this, whether you want to say they are unfair or not, they do make this game a lot more execution/technical based than most Halos. Personally I don't really care for the game balance, games can be unfair in certain aspects and still be a lot of fun which at least for me, H5 is. Again all I'm saying is that the game is turning way more execution/technical skill heavy than most Halos (especially H3, Reach, H4 and H2a). It's probably more tech heavy than H2 tbh since all that game had was quad/double shot when it came to anything relatively difficult execution wise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd argue we should only see those "buffs" to it if we see the Magnum get buffed. The difference between 1.2 as a perfect kill time, and 1.4 isn't exactly as large as the one between 0.6 and 1.0-1.2. You'd basically open up a can of worms that'd involve constant double melees in the case of the latter, while the former's already a trait on the Magnum, one I'd prefer stay there, since it acts as a subtle buff to the Magnum in its own right.

In an ideal world, I'd take a 4SK Magnum with a 1.2 second TTK AR without the accuracy bonuses and headshot multipliers.

Fuck that im not going to 1v1 a h3 level 30. Il get 15-0d while were still in the lobby.

Sounds like some dodging here mate

• Upvote (+1) 3

The situation in which you utilize a sidearm is that it's your last resort.You have a utility weapon for a reason.

Duh, but actively avoiding certain weapons is stupid. CE's implementation I don't really have an issue with: it quick camos, double melees, supresses and cleans up kills, and spots camo players. Just personally would like to see spread maybe slightly reduced. Not sure tho if I'd like that better in practice

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fuck that im not going to 1v1 a h3 level 30. Il get 15-0d while were still in the lobby.

Bitch confirmed. 

Sidenote-What are you playing these days? I've attempted Halo 5 but until I find a sensitivity that feels like Halo 1/2 I don't think I'll allow myself to play it.

Lol. Statements like that indicate you either never played OG Halo 1, or your the best Halo 1 player in history that no one knows about.

Search "missingno halo" on Youtube. They will often burn 8-12 rounds on one guy that's 20 feet in front of them.

And once again, no one cares about "potential" kill times of guns. The needler in Halo 3 had a better perfect kill time than the BR. If pros land just two 3 shot kills in a row on OG Halo 1, it's montage material.

Rippons Triple 3 shot on Hang Em still makes me moist.

Which would be DPS. Aside from that, what utility functions did the Halo 4 AR have?

I said that I wanted an AR that was strong in CQC and effective at its niche without dominating precision weapons, not necessarily a copy of the Halo 4 AR.

I was just using it as an example to compare to CE's AR and show how it's much more effective as an actual weapon.

Sounds like some dodging here mate

If I wanted to 1v1 a level 30 id give my dog a controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I wanted to 1v1 a level 30 id give my dog a controller.

Still sounds like dodging. Batchford is better than 90% of the forums I guarantee that

Edit: you're stat checking a kid who was 11 or 12 at the time and didn't practice the game like he does now. His fundamentals got better once he started taking the game more seriously lol

Edit 2: Batchford u still suck 

Duh, but actively avoiding certain weapons is stupid. CE's implementation I don't really have an issue with: it quick camos, double melees, supresses and cleans up kills, and spots camo players. Just personally would like to see spread maybe slightly reduced. Not sure tho if I'd like that better in practice

Just because it's a sidearm doesn't mean it has to perform like shit, e.g. the H2 SMG.

But you can't have two utility weapons.