CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Wat.

Agree with it being a sidearm but you should want to use everything in a situational manner; there shouldn't be a weapon you actively avoid using (needler doesnt even factor in for this)

Even today, I still find it hilarious how stupidly weak that Needler is. Like, it's one of the worst weapons in any Halo games, and it came from CE.

Fine.

Plasma Pistol then.

What're you talking about? The Plasma Pistol is great.

Wat.

Agree with it being a sidearm but you should want to use everything in a situational manner; there shouldn't be a weapon you actively avoid using (needler doesnt even factor in for this)

The situation in which you utilize a sidearm is that it's your last resort.

You have a utility weapon for a reason.

How sick would it be to have per-weapon stats that showed bullet count for kills.

For instance:

If I have 1200 unassisted kills with the pistol, I'd like to see a histogram showing the number of those kills that are perfect(5 bullets), 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.

I think all precision weapons in Halo should have these stats tracked per weapon.  They are already counting because they have to in order to do the logic for the perfect and last shot medals. 

Sign the petition if you think it should be added.  

I feel like this could be a relevant place to discuss this. Now I know anything where you can leave comments is practically a place of disease and stupidity but here it really shows.

http://youtu.be/s2OYrlR1llM

Their Top 5 games of the year as voted by AH staff using a point system based on where the game was placed in their individual rankings:

5: Fallout 4

4: Batman Arkham Knight

3: Star Wars Battlefront

2: Halo 5

1: Destiny Taken King

Now before anyone asks they were paid to say these things, they now have to say there so they aren't in this case. The only times they were paid for were for a Fallout 4 short and ads for turtle beach's Star Wars headsets.

To the point I want to try and make. The comments hate this list. Star Wars too high, Fallout too low, Taken King shouldn't be there, and no Witcher or Phantom Pain so obviously they are frustrated at AH and hate the video. But at the end of the day those are opinions from non-game critics who as a whole agreed that these games were their favorites and they had the most fun in them this year. Are you really going to hate someone or their opinion just because they found a way to enjoy something you couldn't? Because at the end of the day isn't that what matters?

Sure it sucks you might not find enjoyment in it but you don't have to rain on someone else's parade that does find enjoyment in it.

I like roosterteeth so I have to mention. They also think the list was completely stupid.

Even today, I still find it hilarious how stupidly weak that Needler is. Like, it's one of the worst weapons in any Halo games, and it came from CE.

Weak? Not exactly. It just had a slow wind up time, but shooting it at someone who didn't see you was assured death to them. In the same breath, catching someone off-guard, and purposely unloading the entire clip into them, solely to see the three, if not four to five multiple chain explosions was one of the greatest things ever. 

Weak? Not exactly. It just had a slow wind up time, but shooting it at someone who didn't see you was assured death to them. In the same breath, catching someone off-guard, and purposely unloading the entire clip into them, solely to see the three, if not four to five multiple chain explosions was one of the greatest things ever. 

The Needler is literally countered by walking at an angle slightly offset from straight.

Wat.

Agree with this, entirely. Although, I'd still argue the AR doesn't fill the situational role, past button combos. That's just me.

Batchford, you're the only hold out from the age of "everyone who disagrees with my forum post must suck at Halo and I will shit talk them" age.

You are a true throwback.

That scrub comment was more satire than anything. Majority of the Beyond players I encounter in matchmaking are super mediocre though #shotsfired

• Upvote (+1) 2

Getting really tired of these terrible JIP games where there's almost no point in even playing. 343 needs to adjust this so we're not joining games where it's 100 to 600 in WZ or BTB games where there is a huge difference between the score for example. I joined a BTB game last night on the losing team where it was 30-115 in strongholds. Miraculously, we came back and won 150-140, but 98% of the time you're going to lose that game and we shouldn't be joining games like that in the first place. It's ridiculous.

When did I say that it should?

I'm still waiting on hearing what you meant by

If you want to see a decent AR, look at the H4 AR. It doesn't dominate the precision weapons, but it's a strong CQC weapon that's actually effective at its niche

If you weren't talking about DPS.

not that I disagree but could you explain this more?

The foundational assumption is that we want players in Halo to start with a precision utility weapon, because that is what we have deemed to be the best for demonstrating shooting skill. That said:

1. Multiple "viable" lower-tier weapons becomes a simple matter of who saw who when and with what

2. Spray weapons are random and less skillful

3. There is almost no balance between spray weapons being OP or useless (especially with Halo's kill resolution), it's gonna be one or the other, ergo...

4. ...We want to encourage use of the starting weapon by making it cover all but the most specific niches.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wat.

Why? Why shouldn't there be weapons that you only use as a last resort?

The situation in which you utilize a sidearm is that it's your last resort.

You have a utility weapon for a reason.

In Halo 5, that reason being getting rid of it as soon as possible for something better.

That said, while much less big of a deal, the fact you have to switch to your real weapon every time of spawn is stupid too, and I'm surprised I've never really many people complain about it.

So after hanging out with Teapot and his friends for the night (fun group of ppl btw) I'm starting to like the mobility options even more. Not talking in a game balance sense but there is A LOT of things in these maps you can use SAs with. A bunch of technicalities with using stabilizer, thrust, etc. and the thing is these are pretty hard to do lol. One of teapots friends put it in a good way, these movement options people are discovering are essentially the button combos for h5. They're just instead of being used to kill enemies, used for movement (which can result in killing someone). Also if you need to practice jumps, you should practice on the map named Jumpuzz it teaches a good amount of fundamentals when it comes to the tech people are discovering

Okay but why are they a good thing? Because they are "hard" to do? I still can't think of one good reason being able to fly across the map with sprint, thrust or even these slide combos is improving the game. If anything all these things break the game, IMO. 

Edit: If the average kill times were sub one second, then fine, let us fly across the map. Otherwise, no. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm still waiting on hearing what you meant by

Look at the CE Plasma Rifle. It has a slow kill time, but it's still a very strong weapon for its abilities.

I want the Halo 5 AR to be nerfed by removing its accuracy bonuses and headshot multiplier, which will set its perfect kill time to 1.4 seconds.

However, I'd also like to see it get a buff like faster switching speed or higher melee priority to play up its role as a CQC weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That said, while much less big of a deal, the fact you have to switch to your real weapon every time of spawn is stupid too, and I'm surprised I've never really many people complain about it.

If I get a shit spawn super close to an opponent I'd much rather have my AR out already. It's helped me get a lot of kills and I know I've been killed the same way.