CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

People watching should try to play it first before giving it a final decision.

I have been saying this forever, but I will say this again here. This could very well be a fun game, but I can tell from watching that this game is NOT a halo game except by name. This game has next to nothing in common with halo ce-halo 3.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

People watching should try to play it first before giving it a final decision.

Definitely, by no means have I have any final judgements but it looks really bad. You can tell a lot with your eyes. At the very least it doesnt look like a Halo game

• Upvote (+1) 4

What if.... What if you could only ever sprint in a straight line? Any slight movement in any direction causes you to stop. Therefore, no running around a corner to get away, you're literally a sitting duck for skilled players as you can't like, zig zag to avoid shots. It'd make sprint circumstantial in a possible situation for instance, that maybe your teammate has died and the power weapon they held is straight ahead so you have a chance to possibly make it before the opponent, and not OP since you can't run around corners or turn in ANY direction in the SLIGHTEST. Oh, and maybe there's a 2 second or so down time before you actually start sprinting. Choosing to sprint will sacrifice 2 seconds of being able to do anything productive besides running in a straight line. Idk, just spitballing here.

I think that if they're gonna have sprint it needs to be very limited. Only let you use it if you have full shields. Then it'd only be used to get into battles quicker and not out of them.

What if.... What if you could only ever sprint in a straight line? Any slight movement in any direction causes you to stop. Therefore, no running around a corner to get away, you're literally a sitting duck for skilled players as you can't like, zig zag to avoid shots. It'd make sprint circumstantial in a possible situation for instance, that maybe your teammate has died and the power weapon they held is straight ahead so you have a chance to possibly make it before the opponent, and not OP since you can't run around corners or turn in ANY direction in the SLIGHTEST.  Oh, and maybe there's a 2 second or so down time before you actually start sprinting. Choosing to sprint will sacrifice 2 seconds of being able to do anything productive besides running in a straight line. Idk, just spitballing here.

It's like you're trying to offer me shit but you add various sweets or sours to balance the flavor when I've told you a thousand times I don't want shit no matter how you make it taste. Sprint doesn't work in Halo so stop accepting whatever permutations get thrown at us.

Also, 343 claims to understand halo and the competitived side of it, yet here we are still with assault rifle starts.

im pretty sure they are changing the starts every week

"We need Halo 5 to be amazing"- Ninja

"We need to lessen the skill gap"-Ninja

Aiight man

Please tell me he didn't actually say that? Christ almighty I thought my friend said weird shit when he's in his honeymoon phase....

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, 343 claims to understand halo and the competitived side of it, yet here we are still with assault rifle starts.

I believe they're changing this as time goes on in the Beta.

Mikwen said that but it seems strange to me considering the DMR's role in the sandbox...

I have been saying this forever, but I will say this again here. This could very well be a fun game, but I can tell from watching that this game is NOT a halo game except by name. This game has next to nothing in common with halo ce-halo 3.

Remove sprint 

Fix Announcer

Get Rid of the DudeBro non sense

These will make Halo 5 one of the best Halos up there with Halo 1-3

Aiight man

Just went full potato

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aiight man

He said the game needs to be accessible to new players, but still needs to have a large skillgap (Larger than other Halo games)

Pretty sure he misspoke when he said "We need to lessen the skillgap" and meant lessen the entry barrier. Personally I think Halo is fine in terms of friendliness to new players, but games like Cod are so easy to jump into and I think that is what he meant.

EDIT: Lmao, gotta love how taking quotes out of context can be so damaging. If you were watching his stream you would know that he was NOT advocating lessening the skillgap at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

in 343s defense. Each week of the beta will have different weapon starts. 

It said '' Week One: Assault Rifle starts''

I haven't seen anything about that, but IMO this is what you are advertising to everyone should be the basic settings

I'm pretty sure Midship won't play anything like what we remember from H2/H3. You can sprint bottom mid and clamber up to top mid through the hole, essentially allowing you to go from a basement spawn to a power position in under 5 seconds.

Then you have the Sprint-Thrust from those elevated positions in front of you Objective to top mid and then a Sprint jump into the enemy base. Basically getting you from your base to their base in under 10 seconds. This will ruin CTF.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just looked at Ninja's stream, was watching Heinz. Seriously, not to be disrespectful, but kid needs to stop talking.

He says that sprint has been nerfed a ton. Yet than right after that says that he realizes he has been running around a map for a long time and he is still 1 shot. What!?!? That is exactly the reason sprint HASN'T been nerfed enough. If you can run around a map 1 shot without getting killed, sprint is an issue.  <_< 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I've played two games, here are some pros and cons:

Pros:

I like how they show K/D in the scoreboard. Great addition to keep track of teammates and yourself during the game

I like how it shows you percentage of health and shields in kill cam. Really cool

Game works a lot better than MCC, I found my two matches fairly quickly

ADS doesn't annoy me as much as people complained. I don't mind it for people who are new to the series, and I don't need to use it

Cons:

It takes way too long to kill people. You get into a firefight, and then they just dodge and run away with sprint. If you chase them, your shields are down, and you are pretty much guaranteed to get killed by one of their teammates.

The maps are way too big. Midship is huge, and there are a lot of places to run and hide to.

The announcer is way over the top and just ridiculous. Way too many unnecessary medals, I picked up the sniper and had 2 medals per kill.

The post game spartan stance is pretty cheesy and unnecessary. Just makes the time between games longer.

• Upvote (+1) 2