CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can't agree with you more Vetoed. The main problem is the radar right now, and it's exacerbating other issues most notably automatics and spartan charge.

It should be removed but at the very least it needs its range extended. This is the first change they should have made before going to 6 player FFA....

It's painful how close the game is to being solid.

Dual wield, probably.

It would have been good in Reach had they put an OS on a map or two.

I just remembered the disturbing lack of powerups in vanilla Reach. Dunno about post TU Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Autos were fine in all the Bungie Halo's. Nobody likes getting insta-killed by some ***** with an auto from mid-range.

I was always a fan of the AR post-patch in Halo 4. Didn't feel too OP and I think a BR/DMR could still kill faster.

The AR in past games just felt useless, minus CE I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But this is exactly why it's perfect - it fit its role in the sandbox properly.

It was a sidearm, a REAL sidearm. It was meant for cleanup kills or emergency use when you burnt a pistol clip (which was either because you just killed two people or you suck), and it had a wide cone but an extremely high fire rate which significantly cut down on the influence of the bullet spread as far as being able to deal constant damage. Its range and DPS are absolutely nominal for its place.

It's not supposed to contend with the rest of the sandbox, that's not why it's there.

Yeah, an insane cone and with the massive ammo pool, very low damage per round compared to say, the Magnum, or Plasma Rifle, unless you were RIGHT next to the guy, where you were assured more than a few rounds would hit. Range was "fine", but the damage it caused on top of accuracy were just ass. 

Partial opinionated point (Stressing that); but I don't exactly consider a weapon that I drop for everything except button combos to be "fine" in terms of sandbox. It sure as hell doesn't cause an imbalance, like the AR of today, but it's for all intents and purposes, effectively useless in actual combat. Also, "burning" a Magnum clip? In CE? Pfffft, you have the opportunity for four perfect kills with that Magnum. If you end up burning through those rounds somehow on what is generally, at most two opponents, then an AR sure as hell won't help in terms of emergency use.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a weapon you start with, though, and you already have a utility weapon in your possession. Can you imagine what H1 would be like if the AR had the same efficacy as the magnum?

The AR does not exist for people who suck with the magnum to be able to otherwise contend. That's precisely how we end up with situations like H5.

I didn't say at all it should be like/have the same efficiency the Magnum. I was just saying, compared to it, it absolutely SUCKS, while the Plasma Rifle has a VERY good chance at demolishing, provided it's used properly. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't say at all it should be like/have the same efficiency the Magnum. I was just saying, compared to it, it absolutely SUCKS, while the Plasma Rifle has a VERY good chance at demolishing, provided it's used properly. 

The AR in CE also has a good chance at demolishing if used properly. 

Also, the MCC version of CE plays so much differently than LAN on the OG Xbox and I think a lot of you are basing your opinions off of the MCC version where the AR isn't nearly as effective. Same with the shotgun. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I feel like this could be a relevant place to discuss this. Now I know anything where you can leave comments is practically a place of disease and stupidity but here it really shows.

Their Top 5 games of the year as voted by AH staff using a point system based on where the game was placed in their individual rankings:

5: Fallout 4

4: Batman Arkham Knight

3: Star Wars Battlefront

2: Halo 5

1: Destiny Taken King

Now before anyone asks they were paid to say these things, they now have to say there so they aren't in this case. The only times they were paid for were for a Fallout 4 short and ads for turtle beach's Star Wars headsets.

To the point I want to try and make. The comments hate this list. Star Wars too high, Fallout too low, Taken King shouldn't be there, and no Witcher or Phantom Pain so obviously they are frustrated at AH and hate the video. But at the end of the day those are opinions from non-game critics who as a whole agreed that these games were their favorites and they had the most fun in them this year. Are you really going to hate someone or their opinion just because they found a way to enjoy something you couldn't? Because at the end of the day isn't that what matters?

Sure it sucks you might not find enjoyment in it but you don't have to rain on someone else's parade that does find enjoyment in it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Except it was basically useless to fight with, at any range. I mean, sure, you could do the double melee/quick camo things with it, but you'd be putting yourself at a severe disadvantage by even switching to it in actual combat due to the insane reticle size and damage output. Compare it to the Plasma Rifle of CE which was to me, was truly perfect for an automatic weapon in Halo, compared to its relative sandbox. Had less damage than the utility, but offered things like the stun-lock effect.

the ar killed in a second flat, and had double melee, it was far from useless, it's rof easily compensated for its inaccuracy, which didn't really matter since it's a close range weapon.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Also, the MCC version of CE plays so much differently than LAN on the OG Xbox and I think a lot of you are basing your opinions off of the MCC version where the AR isn't nearly as effective. Same with the shotgun. 

I remembered my first time playing CE on MCC I wanted to learn how to play better and I found a video over some guy explaining the Halo CE sandbox. He went out of his way to say that the AR was an extremely useful weapon when used correctly, he stated that 90% of your kills are going to be with your pistol, but the other 10% is using your AR at the right times.

The CE AR was viable, once you closed the distance, got the first few shots in, and had a decent strafe you could get kills even if you didn't really play the game like a madman 24/7. 

I feel like this could be a relevant place to discuss this. Now I know anything where you can leave comments is practically a place of disease and stupidity but here it really shows.

Their Top 5 games of the year as voted by AH staff using a point system based on where the game was placed in their individual rankings:

Now before anyone asks they were paid to say these things, they now have to say there so they aren't in this case. The only times they were paid for were for a Fallout 4 short and ads for turtle beach's Star Wars headsets.

To the point I want to try and make. The comments hate this list. Star Wars too high, Fallout too low, Taken King shouldn't be there, and no Witcher or Phantom Pain so obviously they are frustrated at AH and hate the video. But at the end of the day those are opinions from non-game critics who as a whole agreed that these games were their favorites and they had the most fun in them this year. Are you really going to hate someone or their opinion just because they found a way to enjoy something you couldn't? Because at the end of the day isn't that what matters?

Sure it sucks you might not find enjoyment in it but you don't have to rain on someone else's parade that does find enjoyment in it.

They can make whatever list they want but keep in mind that these are the Rooster Teeth guys who obviously are going to have a strong bias towards anything Bungie or Halo. 

I do to, my favorite game of all time across all platforms is Halo CE followed by MGS2. So no, I'm not upset at this list, just understand who made it. 

Edit: They are also far more casual players than a lot of us here in the fact that they enjoy a more laid back and casual experience, hence why Battlefront is there. They also don't play many PC games or Batman sure as shit wouldn't be on there. 

Eh, I've played both, OG CE and MCC CE, and still consider the AR to be trash, compared to the Magnum, or PR, of course, excluding combos. Maybe I'm biased with my lack of time just spending time using it more consistently, but any time that I did, or at least, attempted to, I was just demolished, even while tapping the trigger to avoid degrading accuracy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 drama aside, that is one terrible list.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eh, I've played both, OG CE and MCC CE, and still consider the AR to be trash, compared to the Magnum, or PR, of course, excluding combos. Maybe I'm biased with my lack of time just spending time using it more consistently, but any time that I did, or at least, attempted to, I was just demolished, even while tapping the trigger to avoid degrading accuracy. 

The AR is SUPPOSED to be trash when compared to the utility weapon. That does not mean it's useless and has no place. The sniper rifle could be considered trash against a highly skilled pistol user, doesn't mean the sniper still couldn't beat the pistol player if used properly. 

The AR having a farther and longer range melee isn't as trivial as some people claim, same with quick camo ability. If you had camo you knew to drop your pistol instead for a power weapon. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

@@BigShow36

You play with bigsauce, would he be proud of the current AR? We should STILL be referring to AR kills as giving someone the bigsauce.

Sauce doesn't play much of anything anymore; he got a girlfriend.

It's not supposed to compete toe-to-toe with the pistol. It's a much easier weapon to use and therefore doesn't have the same slaying ability (that's balance). It has niche uses, but it's not a primary weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They can make whatever list they want but keep in mind that these are the Rooster Teeth guys who obviously are going to have a strong bias towards anything Bungie or Halo.

I do to, my favorite game of all time across all platforms is Halo CE followed by MGS2. So no, I'm not upset at this list, just understand who made it.

Edit: They are also far more casual players than a lot of us here in the fact that they enjoy a more laid back and casual experience, hence why Battlefront is there. They also don't play many PC games or Batman sure as shit wouldn't be on there.

many of them are pc centric, it's just that they also had access to consoles and were able to play it and judge its contents. But yeah, they are casual gamers through and through, the only game they're really good at on a decent level is minecraft.

Sauce doesn't play much of anything anymore; he got a girlfriend.

Hey, I live with my girlfriend, he just needs to lay down the law and tell her to go buy him more Doritos and Mt Dew because he's playing video games all day every once in awhile.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe a bit random topic: But you can't use "Bungie" for maps and Gametypes as it says that there was an "Error encountered while saving"  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are doing the same as Halo 4, going completely off the radar for a good 4-5 week period over xmas

• Upvote (+1) 2

People who think the Halo CE AR is weak need to start getting Camo more often.  :kappa:

No, I was unable to beat pistol users with the AR, it's trash and needs a buff to H5 levels. 

Not trying to mean here. This is a serious question.

How the hell did Josh Holmes become creative director of the Halo franchise when his past work includes a mediocre turok remake and old sports games? Was there really nobody more qualified out there? Maybe someone with you know, experience with multi player shooters?

• Upvote (+1) 7