CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Social still uses the same MMR as ranked, meaning if you're a good player, you're gonna match good players.

Halo: Reach has very loose search restrictions, hence why you rarely matched good players compared to Halo 5.

Not just reach. Every other halo game. Hell, every other game in general.

• Upvote (+1) 3

13de3d4697b39757a9d5eb2eeed8ce1c.png

I needed somewhere to post this, so I choose here. Not to brag or anything.

There are times were you don't have a real response to anything and you just have to appreciate some things for what they are.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Wait... what exactly happened in the clip? I don't think it's loading properly for me.  All I see is this:

YeV9Sbq.jpg

:halo:

Composed.gif

MY EYES

For real though, it looks like a @@Snipetality montage.

One day ban for Halo 4 spoilers

You have no power here...

oh

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just a heads up to anyone looking to join the Beyond Spartan company...it looks like there is 1 spot open right now.

That'll be because I left and gave @@Infinity leader. Hopefully he steps up and accepts new people :P

Wait, is @@Moa no longer a mod? He was the best one :bravo:

No, he's not a mod anyMoa.

I'll show myself out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

No, he's not a mod anyMoa.

I'll show myself out.

nzNvEnG.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

Sorry man work got pretty busy for a couple hours.

That's not the function I had requested, but I do believe there's a rocket out there that has early detonation.

What I requested was rather than having the rockets lock onto someone with the hydra and have them automatically target, I thought it would be cool to fire individual rockets, hold the trigger, and guide them with your right stick rather than have the game do it for your. This is the video I showed I had posted and in the youtube descriptions are timestamps and explanations for what I am doing.

So until I actually control one myself it's a bit of speculating. I'd imagine in Halo we wouldn't have such sharp control of the rocket, but it sure beats the Perfect Dark's "Fly by wire" rocket mode.

The skill gap of a weapon like this is so sick. It makes aggressive plays so much more rewarding and clutch. In Halo 5, you don't want to be aggressive with rockets because the maps have a lot of nooks and crannies and rockets have terrible splash damage registration around corners (it's not uncommon for stairs and ledges to straight up eat rockets), and people easily thrust out of the way if you engage them head on. That is, if you don't walk around a corner and get storm rifled to death before you can even turn around and shoot. 

The sandbox needs weapons like this. There's a lot of weapons in Warzone that add a variety that the Arena sandbox needs desperately, but so far, we have no reason to think we'll ever see those used in Arena or competitive... in fact, we'll be lucky to get them in Forge at all.

It's always a bit depressing to think about sheer amount of potential Halo 5 has, and to realize it has been tapped at about 20-30% so far... why is it that in competitive, we're crouching around with ARs or grinding out Elimination with a 2sk BR on linear maps? We've established that none of this works years ago.  -_-

• Upvote (+1) 1

why is it that in competitive, we're crouching around with ARs or grinding out Elimination with a 2sk BR on linear maps? We've established that none of this works years ago.  -_-

Something something default/out the box/elimination gametypes bring in viewers something.

Having thruster having a reset mechanic if you get a kill would encourage more offensive use of that ability, which in turn would help with some of sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 2