CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Biggest piss-off on the planet when you wanna Forge, and normally would be able to. Why go fully online when this crap happens, and is prone to happen? Jesus... take some more time and please use P2P fallback code, so if your dedies are screwing up, the player can STILL play the game.

T6ogWJr.png

Next gen just keeps going backwards. If for whatever reason you're playing offline (and there are heaps of reasons), just compare the things you can do on Halo 5 compared to Halo Reach. It's pathetic, and the fact that this shit gets forced on us, including the lack of LAN support, just takes more and more control away from us. When a fucking racing game like NFS  is always online when almost all its content is single player, you know we've het a seriously bad stage.

Halo 5's server-reliance and lack of LAN is easily one of its hugest flaws and and extremely surprised this hasnt been the big deal it shouldve been. We've gone from playing split screen customs and firefight offline to jack shit.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yup I cant get in any playlist either atm.. FeelsBadMan

Did you try Big Team Battle and Warzone? They both work for me, when nothing else works. I wanted to play Arena :(

With @@Moa done as a mod maybe I won't get banned for 2 weeks for using sarcasm.

And I can finally find out if it was him or @@Infinity rapid fire deleting my posts every so often.

(Prediction time: Will this post be deleted or will I be banned again?)

• Upvote (+1) 5

For real though thanks @@Moa for your continued support towards what I believe is one of the best Halo communities out there.

With @@Moa done as a mod maybe I won't get banned for 2 weeks for using sarcasm.

And I can finally find out if it was him or @@Infinity rapid fire deleting my posts every so often.

(Prediction time: Will this post be deleted or will I be banned again?)

The irony in this post

Halo 5's server-reliance and lack of LAN is easily one of its hugest flaws and and extremely surprised this hasnt been the big deal it shouldve been. We've gone from playing split screen customs and firefight offline to jack shit.

Yeah, I really don't get the server reliance. I mean, the MCC had the perfect plan and idea behind it. Dedicated primarily, then P2P in the case the former didn't work. Why this wasn't followed in Halo 5, I have no idea, since these issues wouldn't be happening.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, I really don't get the server reliance. I mean, the MCC had the perfect plan and idea behind it. Dedicated primarily, then P2P in the case the former didn't work. Why this wasn't followed in Halo 5, I have no idea, since these issues wouldn't be happening.

Yeah, except for not adding a host migration system if the host was laggy as fuck or if the host quit. Far from perfect.

Yeah, except for not adding a host migration system if the host was laggy as fuck or if the host quit. Far from perfect.

I spoke on the system in general. The idea of dedicated servers as a primary, and P2P as a fallback, rather than relying on always online crap. Didn't speak to the MCC's system idiosyncrasies, only the idea.

I spoke on the system in general. The idea of dedicated servers as a primary, and P2P as a fallback, rather than relying on always online crap. Didn't speak to the MCC's system idiosyncrasies, only the idea.

I know what you meant, but I had to point it out anyways.

It's almost as if they set MCC up for failure with the system. Lie to customers about dedicated servers and then the obligatory "backup plan" of P2P since they never intended on following through with dedicated servers. Since this was merely seen a backup plan that would supposedly rarely occur, it gave them an out to not include a host migration system. Too perfect.

I just realized that some of the confusing things in Halo 5 actually have a purpose. Things like

• Awful aiming, reminiscent of Halo 3's,

• A redundant sandbox with reskinned versions of the same guns in abundance,

• Strafe acceleration variability,

• Claustrophobic field of view,

• Back-end weapon tuning ability, yet the lack of any changes so far,

clearly leave no other possibility than...

Halo 3: Anniversary on Halo 5's engine!

You know it's true.

:weback:

Not sure if anyone remembers me but when I first came to the halo MLG halo scene I was the guy recording post game stats from H2 live event games. I always loved to break down the games and see not only who had the better plays but also who put that person into position to make those plays. As in who properly is positioning themselves to either be able to call out spawns or put shots just to funnel a couple players where you want. Controlling each aspect of halo is what makes you an all around player. Weapons and power ups are only part of this equation. Controlling positions to help dictate the respawn system are equally, if not more, important.

If this interest you to figure out more about the respawns, and what exactly dictates each respawn then I encourage you to help me with some statistics. I need 4 people for the first trial. I believe this will take about an hour so if you can't remain in the game for its entirety then don't bother. Other requirements are that you can simply take instruction. I will be doing a write up about each map, with stats about respawn percentages. If interested message me here (preferable) or on xbl at NBK TwelveGage

• Upvote (+1) 2

Blops 3 gives me that h3 feel and that is sad.

It has ranked and REAL social.

Tons of features and modes

Most importantly it has that potent feeling of community. It has several very fleshed out social networking features. It has consistent dev interaction(even with the big meany weenies that hurt the dev's feelings).

Thriving population.

5 maps in a row i've had overgrowth, are 343 really proud of this map or something

They increased the weighting since it's new.

5 maps in a row i've had overgrowth, are 343 really proud of this map or something

It's ironic that the lack of voting options was supposed to prevent the same map from being played over and over.

Is anyone against a veto option, at the very least for future titles?

It's ironic that the lack of voting options was supposed to prevent the same map from being played over and over.

Is anyone against a veto option, at the very least for future titles?

I'd really like the halo 3 veto option back, felt that halo reach you could get any map you wish. But this does need some sort of veto system, I know it's a new map but 5 times in a row is a bit much for me, I'm getting bored

• Upvote (+1) 2