CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If you want to discuss r/halo, you're doing it in the wrong place.

Back to Halo 5, please.

I'll be brutally honest in saying Forge's simple blocks are a godsend, now. They look amazing, and have saved me so much headache in terms of how things look.

I've noticed that with most primitives one side will be completely flat while the other will have all these random details in the form of bends and crevices, and you can usually make things smooth by just flipping the pieces around.

Though I still don't understand why they insist on creating these random details in the first place.

I've noticed that with most primitives one side will be completely flat while the other will have all these random details in the form of bends and crevices, and you can usually make things smooth by just flipping the pieces around.

Though I still don't understand why they insist on creating these random details in the first place.

Maybe just for the visual style in the case that someone would WANT said detail. I dunno.

Alright why would they show off the grav hammer in the arena update from like early october if it isn't even coming until after January

• Upvote (+1) 2

Look at the presentation. Kevin Franklin basically admits out loud that because of those numbers, they took a heavier approach to BTB-style gameplay, which likely ended up with the creation of Warzone. Nevermind the fact that it was likely the complete and total failure on their part to craft a palpable 4v4 experience that likely led to the drop in the numbers of those playlists

Anecdotal evidence but I never played BTB more than maybe 1% of my games H2-HR.

My wife started with Reach and she absolutely refused to play BTB. None of my friends liked the list either, even though there were 6 of us total and it would actually make it easier to play together.

It's all we played in Halo 4. Not because it was good but because the enormous Halo 4 maps were a better fit, the Armor Abilities were less important, Sprint was less of an issue and even ordinance drops aren't so bad with that many players.

BTB actually helped "water-down" all the garbage in Halo 4. Still bad, but bearable.

But hey Kevin, if 6,000 of the 10,000 players in Halo 4 prefer Infinity BTB... better make that the entire focus of the multiplayer dev team.

Alright why would they show off the grav hammer in the arena update from like early october if it isn't even coming until after January

Same reason they put "ranks coming soon" in every MCC playlist at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sure shows the gravity of the situation in terms of content in game to that, which is advertised.

CX3GeSfUAAAV9aN.png

I'm sorry. I had to. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Sure shows the gravity of the situation in terms of content in game to that, which is advertised.

-_- I thought you were done with this phase

Guess we cant be friends anymore

CX3GeSfUAAAV9aN.png

I'm sorry. I had to. :kappa:

LOL i saw this on your twitter timeline and i was wondering who you replied with it to...guess I figured it out

wsm10.jpg

I swear to god, I'll come back just to ban you.

:)

Just taking a break guys. Still going to be active and posting dank memes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear to god, I'll come back just to ban you.

:)

Just taking a break guys. Still going to be active and posting dank memes.

Without moa as our fearless memelord, who will stop the immersion shitposts?

I'd like to point out I was VIP for all of five minutes before Princess noticed.

I'd like to point out I was VIP for all of five minutes before Princess noticed.

lore kids notice retcons faster than anyone else

• Upvote (+1) 6

-_- I thought you were done with this phase

Guess we cant be friends anymore

I wasn't done, I only cut down on it, since people hated it. Although, that was part of the fun. XP That "UGH, GODDAMMIT" type reactions just made it. Could sense the facepalms.

We'll be friends again once you see my final Forge product, without it being a messy shell. c: Only a few days of work shall be needed.

Edit: Also, to your sig; it takes a special kind of person to not capitalize part their own name.

We'll be friends again once you see my final Forge product, without it being a messy shell. c: Only a few days of work shall be needed.

Remind me to invade your Forge lobby in eight hours so I can crash my Xbox because you somehow welded 64 lights together.

Me and my buddy HaloMaggot are wondering what do you guys here at Beyond think about grenade launching in montages? I know it's big in the montage kid community but we wanna know what the competitive fans think about them.

Me and my buddy HaloMaggot are wondering what do you guys here at Beyond think about grenade launching in montages? I know it's big in the montage kid community but we wanna know what the competitive fans think about them.

Pretty cool, nice change of pace. I recall seeing them a lot in H2 1v1 montages.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty cool, nice change of pace. I recall seeing them a lot in H2 1v1 montages.

Yeah they were amazing back then. Sadly the H3 beta was the last game to have true launching in it.  Still no idea why Bungie/343 took out one of the most fun and innovative thing in Halo montages. 

But as you can see from the clip you can somewhat do it in H5.

Yeah they were amazing back then. Sadly the H3 beta was the last game to have true launching in it.  Still no idea why Bungie/343 took out one of the most fun and innovative thing in Halo montages. 

But as you can see from the clip you can somewhat do it in H5.

Wasn't it possible in Halo 3 with Spiker grenades?

• Upvote (+1) 1