CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because I do. I'm not guessing or anything, that would be stupid and, like you said, naive. 

"Ugh man. I wish I could post on beyond. It just makes me toooo saad when I do, so I can't"

Do you think they would post if we get Butters to only read them the good posts from here?

• Upvote (+1) 4

"Ugh man. I wish I could post on beyond. It just makes me toooo saad when I do, so I can't"

Do you think they would post if we get Butters to only read them the good posts from here?

You're missing my point entirely. I'm just gonna move on.

You're missing my point entirely. I'm just gonna move on.

It was a joke. I get it. You heard some super cereal insider information through batchford probably. I don't care. If they had a interest in posting here they would.

It was a joke. I get it. You heard some super cereal insider information through batchford probably. I don't care. If they had a interest in posting here they would.

No, but it doesn't matter where I hear it from, its straight from the source.

Its honestly sad and frustrating. The community, just like Halo, mirrors its potential and how we're not living up to it. 

All it seems like I've been getting in mm lately is breakout, it's driving me crazy.  I had a 3 hour ban earlier and now i just don't play it. Makes it tough to rank up.

Sorry if anyone is stuck on the same team as I am, but I can't play this crap.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Its honestly sad and frustrating. The community, just like Halo, mirrors its potential and how we're not living up to it. 

No it doesn't. That's not how communities work.

It's like screaming "fuck you" off into the grand canyon and getting upset when you hear "fuck you" echoing back. We are echoing back everything that 343 says with their actions. To act like we're holding back the franchise is hysterical

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No it doesn't. That's not how communities work.

It's like screaming "fuck you" off into the grand canyon and getting upset when you hear "fuck you" echoing back. We are echoing back everything that 343 says with their actions. To act like we're holding back the franchise is hysterical

Do you honestly believe I'm talking about that right now?

I was talking about how developers don't want to post here. NOT the game being bad because us... like, wut?

Don't know where you got that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All it seems like I've been getting in mm lately is breakout, it's driving me crazy.  I had a 3 hour ban earlier and now i just don't play it. Makes it tough to rank up.

Sorry if anyone is stuck on the same team as I am, but I can't play this crap.

Play Team Slayer then.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I make this suggestion:

I wonder if 343i ever looked into making certain spartan abilities (thrusters, sprinting) more offensive by allowing you to shoot your gun during it.

Might help with things for Halo 6.

Then I go see The Hateful Eight with my grandfather and come back to 6 pages of awesome? All because of this suggestion?

:weback: :weback:

EDIT: I agree with @@Cursed Lemon. Sorry @@Moa

EDIT 2: Jesus that got intense. Wish I had something to input towards that argument but everyone really talked about everything.

Do you honestly believe I'm talking about that right now?

I was talking about how developers don't want to post here. NOT the game being bad because us... like, wut?

Don't know where you got that.

Holding back the franchise because if we were nicer they totally would listen to what we have to say. Not talking about the quality of the games in general

Holding back the franchise because if we were nicer they totally would listen to what we have to say. Not talking about the quality of the games in general

I'm simply talking about dev interaction here.

What the devs and us do if we got better dev interaction here is anybody's guess.

Halo 4 in general was just a giant mess and had so much wrong with it. I feel like Halo 5 has a lot better footing and while some of the abilities have issues, they can work if offensive options are implemented.

And are we really saying Halo 5 flopped lol?

Yes? The sales are not impressive in comparison to other Halo games and the population has dropped hard, maybe even more-so than Halo 4 percentage wise. And no, I don't care that Bravo said "lol just stop worrying and talking about it" on reddit. I care about the data that we have in front of us, which isn't much, but all of them say the same thing and it's not something 343 wants us to know.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Damn I hope this thread's last few pages are being discussed at 343i sometime soon, great stuff. 

Unfortunately, I'm of the opinion that while they do in fact read and discuss things talked about on this site they will ultimately do whatever they think is best for Halo and that includes sprint as an absolute baseline and will never be removed which will guarantee the continued decline of Halo in sales and popularity. Even if a bunch of people say they love sprint and it made Halo better. Those are the same people that defended Armor Lock and just about anything and everything the developers have ever done or will ever do. I've been around long enough to see it happen around five times now. 

lol, you actually buy into this?

We are EXACTLY how you would expect any large gaming community to behave. We have the full spectrum here: undying optimists, Negative Nancys, shills, nostalgia-junkies, etc etc. There are literally no surprises.

lol, you actually buy into this?

We are EXACTLY how you would expect any large gaming community to behave. We have the full spectrum here: undying optimists, Negative Nancys, shills, nostalgia-junkies, etc etc. There are literally no surprises.

how many users do we have on here, I always had this feeling we were bigger than we cared to admit.

how many users do we have on here, I always had this feeling we were bigger than we cared to admit.

Going by how many upvotes this post got, I'd have to say ~200 active people, at the most.

mHGXxvI.png

Edit. If we go by Sal1ent's upvotes, we hover around at least 60, maybe 100 on average.

You honestly think that fan feedback had absolutely no effect on H4 to H5?

Really?

Also you're talking rubbish if you think 343 haven't been listening to feedback for H5.

- Orion removed

- SWAT settings modified

- FFA set to 6 players (I know some people don't like this but SO many people were asking for it)

- JIP removed from BTB

- Social playlists added

- Arena Breakout replacing Team Arena

Sure some of these things should have been that way from the start but saying they haven't responded to feedback is rubbish.

Those are all purely from highly popular and regurgitated Reddit posts. Not one piece of feedback exclusive to this forum has ever been implemented, with the exception of Vetoed's great post on FFA, which in itself was also a popular reddit post.

I reflect the feelings of Lemon, and regardless of whether they pay attention to our discussions, our expressions of discontent have been fruitless. For all the problems we've had with this game (a fucking lot of them) there have been numerous solutions been layed forth here. The horrible sandbox problems, the map problems, ranking problems, feature problems, design problems, content problems, technical problems. Fucking everything, just like any good community forum should. That's the sort of shit that should be payed attention to, but fuck if I know It actually means anything. So far the only benefit we've gotten from this discussion is fucking green internet points.

Which seems to be the trend. Great suggestion, discussion and agreeance, green internet points, down the backlog to the next suggection and discussion, like a positive and completely unfullfilling cycle.

From the looks of it, it was definitely your tone that got you a bunch of downvotes.

In your last deleted thread, you apparently had a holocaust comparison somewhere in there, and may have insulted the Reddit community.

The term nuclear holocaust has nothing to do with WWII. Its not a forbidden word. It has other meanings and different contexts.

This is exactly what I meant when I said there is no difference between that place and waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Suggestions and criticism are two very separate things. 

Tom French is the exception to the rule. He is the standard of dev engagement. He has taken on every ounce of criticism from the forge community and given a meaningful reply when possible, even with new forge being an incredible achievement and heads and above the best forge experience. He is everything we want Josh or the other leads to be. 

I know it sounds nice to put all the eggs in the same basket, but when it comes to forge, it's the only apple in the barrel that's not rotten. I'm not sure how much attention you've payed to forge but its only up from here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the end does it really matter if josh holmes or people like him post here? They never engage in real discussion. They're never willing to back off thier original stance and they clearly don't give two shits about the REAL issues this community has in regards to the halo franchise.

If they decide to post, thats cool. If not, cool. I personally look at them just like any other poster. Nothing productive is going to come out of the discussions. Were just halo fans talking halo for the sake of talking halo.

The term nuclear holocaust has nothing to do with WWII. Its not a forbidden word. It has other meanings.

This is exactly what I meant when I said there is no difference between that place and waypoint.

Yeah... The fact that you're still badmouthing r/halo pretty much proves that you were in the wrong with your post.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah... The fact that you're still badmouthing r/halo pretty much proves that you were in the wrong with your post.

Im not bad mouthing anyone. I just said its like waypoint after saying 343 should be posting on waypoint. Which would imply I think both places are fine.

You're the one "badmouthing" the waypoint community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Give me a break here. With all due respect to r/Halo, it's not a place to go to if you want to discuss gameplay or anything deep about the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Give me a break here. With all due respect to r/Halo, it's not a place to go to if you want to discuss gameplay or anything deep about the game.

So tell me, exactly why isn't r/halo a good place to go for those discussions?

So tell me, exactly why isn't r/halo a good place to go for those discussions?

Because the users either don't care, or don't know enough to make a sound argument.