CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So basically, you don't have shit. 

But yeah, let's ignore that the top-rated post in this site's history is a long, thoughtful, civil, and well-constructed dialogue on the negative aspects of sprint directed specifically at Josh, that was never quoted and whose existence was never even acknowledged once by the intended recipient. Let's do that. 

Yeah, that's it Lemon. I don't have shit. Being told multiple times by Holmes that developers read these forums and that our posts, thoughts, etc are passed along is just that.

Just because you've made one great post doesn't excuse every single shit one you've made and continue to make since November 2014.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So basically, you don't have shit. 

But yeah, let's ignore that the top-rated post in this site's history is a long, thoughtful, civil, and well-constructed dialogue on the negative aspects of sprint directed specifically at Josh, that was never quoted and whose existence was never even acknowledged once by the intended recipient. Let's do that. 

Let's be honest. No matter what you won't be pleased

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone should make a chart of how much copies each halo game sold and the average users online for the first year or so.

Then we can see the stats side by side

EDIT: I googled and found this

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Halo

CE       5.5million

2          8+million

3          12million

Reach  9million

4          9.5million

5          *

*Halo 5 made history as the biggest Halo launch with 400m in sales

As far as Microsoft is concerned general sales of the game is great. So they wont see any need to revert back to the OG formula without sprint etc

In my opinion they are attracting more casuals to the game. Who see all the fancy stuff and buy the game. But dont stick around to play the multiplayer a whole pile or watch Streams.

Well there is this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B69vf4Yf74CqX3ZUQUk1cWlFbms/view

We already know Halo 5 sold significantly less than Halo 4 as well as having a weaker population. A gimmick filled Halo 6 will do even worse than Halo 5, so maybe there will be hope for Halo 7 returning to it's roots...or maybe Microsoft will just end the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn. That just shows the longevity of Halo 2 and Halo 3. It retained users. Reach had huge numbers at the start for the sheer fact it was coming off of the halo 2 and halo 3 hype train.

Halo 4's numbers were weak because it didnt have that hype train

Halo 4's numbers were weak because people paid $60 for a game they didn't want in the first place. It was right up there in sales with the rest of them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn. That just shows the longevity of Halo 2 and Halo 3. It retained users. Reach had huge numbers at the start for the sheer fact it was coming off of the halo 2 and halo 3 hype train.

I'm still confused by these numbers, considering Halo 3 is by FAR the best-selling title in the series.

So Halo Reach sold less than H3...but had far more people playing day-one? But then Halo 3 somehow didn't have the same sustain power as Halo 2? 

Something's not right there. 

Yeah, that chart speaks volumes.

Oh, but the hype for Halo 4 was real(as it sold a lot), that is until everyone played it. I remember naively thinking "worst case scenario, it'll be better than Reach". Boy, was I wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm still confused by these numbers, considering Halo 3 is by FAR the best-selling title in the series.

So Halo Reach sold less than H3...but had far more people playing day-one? But then Halo 3 somehow didn't have the same sustain power as Halo 2?

Something's not right there.

The attach rate of xbl gold users was undoubtably higher by the time reach launched than when h3 did. Ie a higher % of the people who bought reach had xbl gold.

The attach rate of xbl gold users was undoubtably higher by the time reach launched than when h3 did. Ie a higher % of the people who bought reach had xbl gold.

So the purchase window of Halo 3 was the greatest in the franchise, but its abandonment was also high? 

It doesn't matter if they tell you that if it never actually materializes, you fucking patsy. That's called head-patting

And as far as the bolded, you know very well I have made many, many lengthy contributions to the discussion around here, and THAT is 100% demonstrable. Now who is the one that's shorting reality?

I don't even want to waste my time with you any more man. You're asking of the impossible - proof that our posts are being discussed daily by the developer. Nobody here can provide that except a developer (who has but I guess acknowledging that just makes me a "fucking patsy" - stay classy, as always.)

I'm well aware of your great posts you've made on this forum and The Halo Council. You used to be one of my favourite members but then you just slipped into this negativity after MCC and you just never came out of it. I used to look forward to reading your posts because you always had something interesting to say, similar to @@chaosTheory but now I see that Lemon avatar and just sigh.

You are seen by many here as a great poster and you seriously are a great dude. I just wish you'd continue to make those great posts because even if you refuse to believe it, they are being read, passed along and discussed all the time. If you do it, others will follow soon after.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't even want to waste my time with you any more man. You're asking of the impossible - proof that our posts are being discussed daily by the developer. Nobody here can provide that except a developer (who has but I guess acknowledging that just makes me a "fucking patsy" - stay classy, as always.)

I'm well aware of your great posts you've made on this forum and The Halo Council. You used to be one of my favourite members but then you just slipped into this negativity after MCC and you just never came out of it. I used to look forward to reading your posts because you always had something interesting to say, similar to @@chaosTheory but now I see that Lemon avatar and just sigh.

You are seen by many here as a great poster and you seriously are a great dude. I just wish you'd continue to make those great posts because even if you refuse to believe it, they are being read, passed along and discussed all the time. If you do it, others will follow soon after.

I don't know how you can expect @@Cursed Lemon or anyone here to be positive about the state that Halo is in. And who cares if they're reading and discussing posts here if the end result isn't going to produce an original formula Halo game?

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't know how you can expect @@Cursed Lemon or anyone here to be positive about the state that Halo is in. And who cares if they're reading and discussing posts here if the end result isn't going to produce an original formula Halo game?

And I don't understand how people who continue to be negative about something continue to post in the thread that's dedicated to that something especially when said people think that nothing's going to change. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So the purchase window of Halo 3 was the greatest in the franchise, but its abandonment was also high?

Not sure what you mean. I meant that a lot of people bought h3 who didnt have gold or didnt have a connected box.

And I don't understand how people who continue to be negative about something continue to post in the thread that's dedicated to that something especially when said people think that nothing's going to change.

The child inside of us who discovered Halo will always hang on to "the great perhaps"

Not sure what you mean. I meant that a lot of people bought h3 who didnt have gold or didnt have a connected box.

I...guess. It's hard for me to think that more people bought Reach for the multiplayer than Halo 3.

I didn't say to be positive about the state that Halo is in. I said be positive when giving your feedback.

If you're looking for a Halo title that is identical to CE, H2 or H3 then I don't want what to say to you. The chances of them dropping everything they've done to Halo and bringing it back to those older titles is extremely low. 

There are many people who like Halo 5 for what it is and would like it even more if some improvements were made

Maybe...just maybe, because it's not true. I know that's utterly inconceivable, but as it turns out it's a valid possibility. I mean, it's not like I have the entire Halo franchise history backing up that very idea, or anything.

I have been posting the exact same way since 2005. So that makes you the one who underwent some kind of change.

Do you have any conceivable fucking idea of how much thought energy I've poured into this game series? You claim to know, but you apparently have absolutely no idea. The precedent has been set. They. Do. Not. Listen. So if you are expecting me to harness some kind of infinite reserve of both patience and energy so I can keep doing this:

reagan-smash-o.gif

You're out of your mind.

Except it is true. You know for a fact it's true. If we didn't give our feedback after Halo 4, I dread to think what Halo 5 would have turned out like. 

Now did Halo 5 turn out to be the best thing ever and meet everyone's expectations? Nope. Not at all.

We got rid of awful things like ordnance, custom loadouts, no descope, perks, armour mods, etc but obviously we're still left with things like sprint and all the new stuff introduced that has proven to be annoying and "game breaking".

I'm well aware of how you've been posting since at least 2012 or whenever I started getting active on THC and I truly think your post attitude changed after MCC. Understandable I guess but it just sucks to see someone with your knowledge to just waste it. If you don't think they listen then that's a shame. 

I'm also aware how much energy you've poured into this game series - you wouldn't be here if you didn't care in some capacity. I don't expect you to have the patience and energy to keep making great posts over and over, it's not like I'm asking you to drop bomb shells every time you post. I'm just asking that when you post, you aren't an ass about it. If you don't think it's worth it because they aren't listening - why bother? 

But once again, thanks for saying I'm out of my mind. If you put as much effort into your posts as you did your insults, perhaps we wouldn't be wasting each others time here.

Like I said before - I'm not going to waste my time with you man. Top debate, if we can call it that, as always.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I...guess. It's hard for me to think that more people bought Reach for the multiplayer than Halo 3.

I don't think that either. I just think there were more people who were physically unable to play online in 07 than in 2010.