CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You act like:

1) This is exclusive to the Halo community/franchise

2) Halo 4/Reach was loved at launch

Pretty much every BAD Halo game was trashed at launch. 

lol 

Someone doesn't remember the staunch defense of bloom being in the game, or the rationalization of loadouts and perks. 

That's fine. 

lol 

Someone doesn't remember the staunch defense of bloom being in the game, or the rationalization of loadouts and perks. 

That's fine. 

It's all about perspective I guess. People who can't think for themselves and followed pros, sure, but MOST of us knew how trash Armor lock, bloom, etc are.

You can't just pick a small subset of the community and run with it to prove your point.

There's a good reason why Reach started Halo's drop in popularity. 

If people around here are just going to go full-amnesia on the apologetics that accompany every Halo release, and the subsequent enlightenment two or three years later, then maybe this truly is a pointless venture. 

Most people I know who like Halo 5 absolutely hated Halo 4 at launch, so from my experience this is not true.

Most people I know who like Halo 5 absolutely hated Halo 4 at launch, so from my experience this is not true.

Halo 5 is definitely better than Halo 4 but it has it's own set of problems. If Halo 5 was launched as Halo 4 I believe it would still have had the huge population drop and just as many complaints. Lack of content alone would have made sure of that. Since we have all experienced Halo 4, Halo 5 doesn't seem all that bad in comparison. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Absolutely. Original Halo formula or bust.

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 

Thats not the ONLY option we have.

• Downvote (-1) 2

That's true, we have the option of more mediocre Halo games with an identity crisis. Is it an arena shooter or a modern military shooter? Half the fun is trying to find out. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

That's true, we have the option of more mediocre Halo games with an identity crisis. Is it an arena shooter or a modern military shooter? Half the fun is trying to find out. 

It's not as black and white as that either :/

What other options do we have? As long as game breaking gimmicks/abilities are included in Halo, sales and population will continue to nose dive. Saying Halo 5 is better than Halo 4 is splitting hairs, as @@Aphex Twin would put it. They simply replaced game breaking gimmicks with new game breaking gimmicks.

It's the BEST option we have though.

Though H5 is an improvement over Halo 4, it doesn't provide any meaningful advantage over Halo's traditional gameplay, from a systemic/design standpoint. It's mostly just band-aiding stuff that was implemented in Halo 4, while introducing a host of new problems of its own.

Aside from maybe Stabalizers (I want to emphasize the "maybe," as I have yet to play the game), there really isn't anything that 343 has added with Halo 5 that serves to improve Halo's gameplay IMO.

The shame is that if Halo had been a true arena shooter, it pretty much would've had the market on consoles locked up. What else is there on consoles for people who don't want the next CoD?

Instead we're stuck with an "evolving" Halo game which, as time goes on, is thought of more and more as "CoD-like".

• Upvote (+1) 4

Did it not? I couldn't find games for weeks last season in the only playlist that I grinded out high champion in, with no exaggeration. There are entire continents that cannot find games. The game is one big release away from falling out of the top 10 playlist for good. All of this despite a $2m tournament having been announced. Twitch viewer counts suck, the casual crowd complains about a lack of features, the competitive crowd complains about a garbage game, and we have a dev that apparently thinks the game is perfect.

I didn't want to rant but you left me no other options. In what way did this game not flop?

I guess we just have different definitions of flop.

Hey guys all of the 343 guys just took our money and ran. They don't care what we have to say anymore. They don't come on this site anymore

Oh wait: 

a54a5676767a26d4c7a623139028853e.png

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Hey guys all of the 343 guys just took our money and ran. They don't care what we have to say anymore. They don't come on this site anymore

Oh wait: 

a54a5676767a26d4c7a623139028853e.png

Last post; December 11th

Last post before that; November 17th

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Last post; December 11th

Last post before that; November 17th

At least he's reading and most likely passing along anything of interest here to people that can do something about it.

And?

Ask Ryan?

At least he's reading and most likely passing along anything of interest here to people that can do something about it.

Show me any proof that anything we've ever said here made it into production, or even a legit round table discussion, and I'll actually play Warzone. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really don't care about what's "most likely" happening until something happens.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ask Ryan?

Show me any proof that anything we've ever said here made it into production, or even a legit round table discussion, and I'll actually play Warzone. 

I mean I personally can't prove anything but why else would anyone from 343 still be lurking here?

I mean I personally can't prove anything but why else would anyone from 343 still be lurking here?

A question I have absolutely no answer to. 

Ask Ryan?

Something you've ever posted?

Probably not because it's just a constant negativity shitstorm. Other people? By all means.

You must be ignorant if you think that they log in, read the forums and just log off and don't think about any of it at all. I know for a fact it is all being read, it is being passed along and it is being discussed. I'm sorry I don't have selfies with Josh Holmes and Tim Longo inside the war room of them reading posts. At this point, nothing will convince you.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Someone should make a chart of how much copies each halo game sold and the average users online for the first year or so.

Then we can see the stats side by side

EDIT: I googled and found this

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Halo

CE       5.5million

2          8+million

3          12million

Reach  9million

4          9.5million

5          *

*Halo 5 made history as the biggest Halo launch with 400m in sales

As far as Microsoft is concerned general sales of the game is great. So they wont see any need to revert back to the OG formula without sprint etc

In my opinion they are attracting more casuals to the game. Who see all the fancy stuff and buy the game. But dont stick around to play the multiplayer a whole pile or watch Streams.

Someone should make a chart of how much copies each halo game sold and the average users online for the first year or so.

Then we can see the stats side by side

They should be posted in this thread somewhere less than 10 pages past.