CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ninja: "Sniper rifle takes way too long between shots(too slow RoF) and you cant really quick-scope.(too long to scope in)" 

Hysteria: "Snipings sooo slow man."

Just confirmed what I was thinking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always found it funny when anybody says "it feels like halo."  Imagine somebody changes a hamburger completely until its unnoticeable as such and hands it to you and says "it tastes like a hamburger."  I'd be like no thanks id rather just have the hamburger.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

after watching the streams so far..

I have to say that the game looks fun and looks like Halo (I mean that in a literal way. Only visually)

But it looks like it doesn't play like Halo if that makes sense. Seems like it plays more like Destiny or CoD or some different fps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any and every good CE player uses a timer that announces time until a weapon comes up and counts down when it comes up. 

It's exactly what this game is doing. 

I never said it was the wrong way to play, I just think it is something that shouldn't be in the game, and if I were to run a tournament I wouldn't allow timers. If you cant keep track of it in your head, you should have a disadvantage over someone that can.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always found it funny when anybody says "it feels like halo."  Imagine somebody changes a hamburger completely until its unnoticeable as such and hands it to you and says "it tastes like a hamburger."  I'd be like no thanks id rather just have the hamburger.

"Umm it has hamburger in the title so it's a hamburger whether you like it or not. Yeah take that :)"

Why the hell is there music in the middle of gameplay?

Because 343i insist on adding things that make us shake our heads.

I'm not even angry tbh it's hilarious to see certain things like them saying it wasn't ADS but then it clearly is ADS

Harvey do you think we could sue 343i for ruining Halo?

There isn't going to be much of a player base to fragment - I think this is going the way of H4 in terms of population.  The real fragmenting is going to be w/ MCC, where most of the old guard will end up instead of H5.

Audio is completely hit and miss

The DMR is god-like in this game but the scope on the damn thing is fucking horrendous 

I'm downloading mine right now, Its stuck at 75% atm, I will give some feedback soon.

Oh snap he got the pro player designation now didnt even know. Thats whats up man

Sucks that I even have to ask but give us honest feedback please

Is it just me or dose it look like they are ice skating most of the time? I mean by the looks of it sprint is not needed.

Zooming in needs to be instant. Sniper needs RoF increase.

Sprint preferably needs to be removed, keep thruster so maps don't feel massive

@@CyReN put this at the top of the list when you do make one. 343 NEEDS TO KNOW.

Also, any of your Redditors out there, make a list and let 343 what the problems are, and tell them to remove Sprint, but keep thrusters. Also make it so you can shoot while thrustering.

LETS DO IT PEOPLE

• Upvote (+1) 2

55%

after watching the streams so far..

I have to say that the game looks fun and looks like Halo (I mean that in a literal way. Only visually)

But it looks like it doesn't play like Halo if that makes sense. Seems like it plays more like Destiny or CoD or some different fps.

Which is exactly how Halo has felt to us since Reach, it's like a different game with the Halo aesthetic on top to disguise it. Bungie/343 are going hard after the modern shooter crowd and if they had to compromise halo for the sake of it, so be it. It's a god damn shame.

Ive never bought a timer, I always relied on timing the guns with my brain and the in game clock. Not everyone that times weapons goes out and buys a timer.

Halo 1 doesn't have an in-game clock. Are you going to use your brain to time all the weapons and powerups without a clock? People buy timers to compensate, would you argue that this makes high level Halo CE less skill-based?

I'm just saying all the little things that give good players advantages over bad players are being implemented into the game.

Look I get that, but it's more of an experience-based argument than skill-based. It isn't remarkably hard to learn that the H2 sniper comes up a minute or whatever after you drop it when empty. There are a lot of problems with the direction H5 is headed (I won't buy it) but notifying players of power weapon spawns isn't bad, I'll explain why next.

This does nothing but stagnate the competition and decrease the skill gap. There is literally zero competitive benefit to adding an in game timer, it makes the game easier when their focus should be making the game harder.

I disagree completely on the basis that it puts more players on the meta track to fight over weapon/powerup spawns which is where the real strategy emerges. With more people playing on that front, the competition will increase which allows for more innovation in that area. That's how meta evolves. Any competitive player would buy a timer if it wasn't included in-game anyways so crying that spartan28902498 knows to get rockets on time is irrelevant (and shouldn't stop you from winning if the guy sucks to begin with).

• Upvote (+1) 4

55%

Which is exactly how Halo has felt to us since Reach, it's like a different game with the Halo aesthetic on top to disguise it. Bungie/343 are going hard after the modern shooter crowd and if they had to compromise halo for the sake of it, so be it. It's a god damn shame.

Yeah I agree with you on 343 trying to go for the crowed 100%.

If they weren't, Sprint and Killcams would not be in the game. Neither would the change to Aiming. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Harvey do you think we could sue 343i for ruining Halo?

Rachael would have to look for some precedent but you can sue people for anything. Winning the case is another issue but we all know Harvey Spectre doesn't lose.

• Upvote (+1) 1