CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Tip to people trying to give feedback directly to 343i members during the 1st hours of the early access beta: Don't.

343i will just dismiss it as bias. It's much better to wait till at least the middle of the actual beta. 

I'm watching Ninjas stream and havent liked a single thing I've seen.

Same dude, I don't like anything. Way too much in game mechanics to have it be a good competitive game too. 

I know it's been out for like an hour and a half, but I don't see me buying this game when it comes out. Given the release of MCC and the fact that it hasn't been fixed in over a month, what I've seen of H5, and the thoughts I've been hearing from pros, they don't deserve another $60 of mine. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not to be that guy but this just isn't the halo or game that I want to play. First time I've complained on these forums besides when H2A was first released. So what should the move be Blops 3, LotV, or League?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact people think we need sprint to speed up the game is laughable.

Instead of giving us sprint and HUGE maps give us small maps and quick kill times.

Another remember CE? That 3 shot magnum.

• Upvote (+1) 3

LOVING the base speed, but sprint has to go.

It's literally a run away tool.

How's the base movement acceleration? Notice an idle frame when strafing?

Josh Holmes seemed to want to enable "skillful escapes" or something like that. Whether or not its skillful (and it's arguably too easy with Sprint), escaping fights has been a problem that's plagued the game for a decade.

I dont get you. You want the announcers to help the casuals?

Good players can influence the game because of knowing the weapon times. 

If you know the weapons spawns you can control, dominate and win a game.. 

Memorizing numbers mid game will there is 100 other things is a skill imo. Casuals wont know how long the weapons come back and wont take notice of the clock.

Im not totally against the announcer thing, I wouldnt cause me not to buy the game lol

Coache

Again...there is literally nothing special about knowing when weapons spawn, period. This is something you can learn in a few mins of running around a map by yourself. It doesnt take any form of skill to remember that a gun will spawn every 3 mins during a match, it's at the bottom of the totem pole as far as skillful shit in halo goes. 

Like I said....it would be hypocritical of me to say it dumbs down the game when I (and everyone who wants to win) use a timer in CE (because there is no in-game clock). All the timer does is keep me on track with weapons, it doesn't give me easy access to them or some super ability to perfectly use them. We have shit like sprint, clamber, ground pound and all the other crazy abilities in the game and you're fixated on an announcer calling out power weapons? you're bugging.

The day sn1p3rGrunt187 beats me in a halo game because of a timer is the day I stop playing halo. That shit will NEVER happen.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm pretty convinced based on the newest FPS games that have come out/are coming out (CoD:AW, Halo 5, etc.) that I am just getting too old for FPS games and the games are targeted at someone younger than me. And I'm only 21. Scary.

You are not too old for FPS brah you are just playing the wrong console.

Not to be that guy but this just isn't the halo or game that I want to play. First time I've complained on these forums besides when H2A was first released. So what should the move be Blops 3, LotV, or League?

Have they announced Black Ops 3?? I want next gen zombies.

If Halo 5 continues to fail after launch, then I still have Doom (4) and Battlefront 3 to look forward to.

They literally call out everything. I just heard one call out that his shields had recharged....

If 343 has a talent for anything, it's making me shake my head whenever I hear about something they've put in the game... I've had to smh about 14 times already in the last half an hour.

Again...there is literally nothing special about knowing when weapons spawn, period. This is something you can learn in a few mins of running around a map by yourself. It doesnt take any form of skill to remember that a gun will spawn every 3 mins during a match, it's at the bottom of the totem pole as far as skillful shit in halo goes. 

Like I said....it would be hypocritical of me to say it dumbs down the game when I (and everyone who wants to win) use a timer in CE (because there is no in-game clock). All the timer is keep me on track with weapons, it doesn't give me easy access to them or some super ability to perfectly use them. We have shit like sprint, clamber, ground pound and all the other crazy abilities in the game and you're fixated on an announcer calling out power weapons? you're bugging.

The day sn1p3rGrunt187 beats me in a halo game because of a timer is the day I stop playing halo. That shit will NEVER happen.

Like I said. I dont think its a huge deal lol .. I would just prefer timers.

I know I often picked up OS before the other team in Pit TS because I had it down to the second when the other team would have thought "its 8mins 50 something."

Especially when weapons were on late spawn or someone dirtied the weapon.

So ill say it for the third times its not a huge deal. I think they have alot of things to fix first. 

Like I said....it would be hypocritical of me to say it dumbs down the game when I (and everyone who wants to win) use a timer in CE (because there is no in-game clock). All the timer does is keep me on track with weapons, it doesn't give me easy access to them or some super ability to perfectly use them. We have shit like sprint, clamber, ground pound and all the other crazy abilities in the game and you're fixated on an announcer calling out power weapons? you're bugging.

What he said.

That Winning Animation Cheese

Please tell me the BXR medal is some flashy troll effects and like the 'Opportunist' placeholder in Reach Beta? Worst name for a medal since that.

• Upvote (+1) 1