CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm not trying to hop on the bandwagon hating on this game. It actually looks terrible to me. What's with the stupid Spartans after the game is over like, "YEAAAAH WE THE BEST"? Lore gods, help me out, but that doesn't seem like Spartans to me. 

I've read everything from The Fall of Reach to Primordium, even Thursday War, but stopped after because Halo lore was full of holes. Didn't even play Halo 4. But from my experience these are Spartan IV's, they aren't kidnapped and augmented and trained from the age of six. The most "emotion" you would get out of a Spartan II would be a two finger across the visor gesture that meant they were smiling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So much immersion while watching the streams that I almost started to think I was in the game and jumped out of my chair when someone threw a grenade. :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I dont like the announcer telling the power weapons times. 

Timing weapons was another skill that defined good players for the casuals. 

We need to include these skill gaps

Let's get rid of the in game timer and then make an app that says the countdown to weapon times instead.

Then when we shit on kids who don't have the app we can feel all warm and fuzzy about how great we are,

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If they're trying to speed up gameplay and decrease kill times, why the hell would they double the time it takes to shoot two sniper rounds? 

SO MUCH BEEPING 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Between the beeping and lens flare, I feel like I am on the bridge of the Enterprise in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot (the first one in particular).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's get rid of the in game timer and then make an app that says the countdown to weapon times instead.

Then when we shit on kids who don't have the app we can feel all warm and fuzzy about how great we are,

Or you can learn an aspect of the game and time weapons and use it to your advantage to create this thing we used to call a "skill gap".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pardon me if this has been answered already, but what's the deal with the double shield bars?

I think it's shield, and health. Both are rechargeable. 

Triple. One is health, one is shields, and the tiny one at the top is time until shield & health recharges.

The tiny one is your build up to Sprint.

I never thought I would say this but, STFU Jeff Gerstmann.

Seriously, I have always respected him from his gamespot days and the whole debacle leading to his firing (standing up to them trying to force him to give good reviews to bad games), but that is a stupid comment on his part.

He has a good opinion on games overall, but he's not good at any of them. Every time I watch him play multiplayer for any game, he sucks bad. I'm not taking his opinion seriously on anything competitive.

Or you can learn an aspect of the game and time weapons and use it to your advantage to create this thing we used to call a "skill gap".

Amen.

We are literally witnessing the death of a whole gaming franchise.

It's honestly amazing to see.

Despite the plethora of problems Im enjoying what I am seeing so far

Alot can be fixed from this Beta though the bigger ones might be there to stay