CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Slayer KDA: 4.8

Friends Slayer KDA: 1.3

We played all 10 games together.

He got Diamond 6 I got Diamond 3. 

Wut...

I had a lower KDA and lost MORE games on my alt and got Onyx.

I regret saying the ranking system makes any sense and I fully admit I was wrong. 

Did he do better than you in any game where the other team was higher ranked? Also what was ya'lls ranks in season 1?

Appealing to the casual and competitive crowds is as easy as gameplay catered to the competitive crowd along with features for the casuals.

The casual Halo crowd more than any other has proven that they'll follow whatever 343 decides to do, so why 343 decides to cater gameplay to them with armor abilities, powerful automatics, and ADS is beyond me.

The irony is that in trying to appeal to casuals with Warzone, they ignored other classic gametypes and infection.

And the lack of content until the Forge update was embarrassing. Even now it's still less than Halo 3 or Reach.

The competitive crowd has shown to follow them as well no matter how much we complain each game. This entire thread is thousands of replies by the competitive community still playing their game. They have our money and that's what matters to them. Sure, a lot of people that used to play competitively didn't buy Halo 5 but a hell of a lot of them did.

I do agree with you though that the casual crowd would follow no matter what. I would even settle for a MP only Halo game at this point that appeased to the competitive crowd. No sprint arena gameplay with a viable utility weapon and power ups. Would be glorious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Slayer KDA: 4.8

Friends Slayer KDA: 1.3

We played all 10 games together.

He got Diamond 6 I got Diamond 3. 

Wut...

I had a lower KDA and lost MORE games on my alt and got Onyx.

I regret saying the ranking system makes any sense and I fully admit I was wrong. 

I experienced a more extreme version of this in the beta. My friends and I played 10 matches together (won 8) and there wasn't a stat that they were even close to me in. It's always been known that I'm the only "good" Halo player in my group of friends so you can imagine their laughter when they see that they're all either Gold or Onyx and I'm sitting at fucking Silver. I haven't taken the ranking system seriously sense. I haven't properly tested it in the retail Halo 5, but from what I'm hearing, there hasn't been a large improvement or hardly at all. 

It wouldn't be a big deal if the reset wasn't every 45 days. These resets need to link with HCS. Once HCS Season 1 is done, the ranks reset. That way, if someone does get an undeserving rank, there will be a reasonable time for them to sort/grind to their proper rank. Though 343 still needs to address the problem of how easy it is to get to Onyx.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting a mic soon. Playing solo is terrible, and I'm stuck in the Plats. Yes, I suck, but it's hard when every third game is 3v4 or you lag out. 

And don't get me started on Overgrowth. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Does it bother anyone else that you can get a bulltrue medal when you trade kills with a sword?

It hasn't always been like that right?

It has always been like that, it's just latency being latency. Technically it is true because on your client you did kill them during a lunge.

Haven't really played Halo 5 too much since the update probably played for an hour to just join a bunch of people and see what they were playing. I've seen a couple of cool maps but any fun infection games made yet like Duck Hunt or Jenga? BTW everybody add me so we can play customs, going to start playing more now since custom games are being made again. GT: Avenger V

Any competitive players get some games on any of the forge maps yet? Any of the maps made yet have any potential? Tired of the same shitty dev maps.

Luxor Station is the bees knees for objective game types.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any competitive players get some games on any of the forge maps yet? Any of the maps made yet have any potential? Tired of the same shitty dev maps.

Anyone wanna try 1s 2s 3s 4s on Classic remake forge maps? add my GT "N o1"

trying to stream them to get players http://www.twitch.tv/kristnamurteye

If there's anyone else who's doing this please tell me

Just played Eden CTF 2 rounds with a bunch of sweaty nerds. Not going to lie, it was mad fun

We just need a CTF that switches sides.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A friend placed Champion 1 this Season in Breakout with a CSR of 2200. He had 200 more CSR than Champion 2. He was only a Onyx 1500 last Season. He is just chilling now with his 2200 CSR. I think hes only Champ 3 by now, but still. How ridiculous is this? Placing people so high after 10 games that it takes hundrets of games for others to catch up. That basically makes the resets useless.

Pretty sure that the resets discourages most good players. A lot of people in my friendlist havent made their 10 games in more than 1 or 2 playlist. Even I have only placed in FFA so far and have no motivation to do it in others.

With a ranking system, that no one really takes serious and resets without showing my stats outside of Waypoint, my motivation is gone.

Overgrowth is the single worst map of any halo, of all time.

It's like Ghost Town in many, many ways.

We just need a CTF that switches sides.

Yea someone should ask tom french lol.

I think they should move Snipe to Tower and it'll be balanced for the most part (besides Red being able to super slide flag) 

Does it bother anyone else that you can get a bulltrue medal when you trade kills with a sword?

It hasn't always been like that right?

It started happening a lot more often in Reach but it did happen rarely in Halo 3 too.